British Classic needs a home.

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

I can mate, its mine to do with as I like lol! I will keep the damn thing rather than let someone smash it up! :roll:
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

tim leech wrote:I can mate, its mine to do with as I like
Which, Irritatingly, is the same attitude that someone could have once they've bought it.

But, as Cavmad says, place said dickhead on your blocked bidders list, and it's no longer a problem.

You'll find if it makes some sensible money, it would get restored anyway, as banger racers won't pay £200 for a car they're going to smash up. They can get a Ford Granada MK3 for 20p instead.
this might be a signature
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

I think some would still pay £200 plus for the right car unfortunately. Mk3 Grannies are not much use to them because most are injection engines which can`t be used. Older, predominately rear wheel drive, large cars are still the weapons of choice. It`s probably fair to assume that banger racers are responsible for the the demise of more Austin/Morris/Wolsely/Riley/MG Farina`s and pre-Farina`s than rust and road crashes ever were and quite possibly Mk2 Granada`s too.
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

True cavmad, however they would need to fix the brakes before they can do much else with it!, whoever asks me questions and bids for it I will view their buying profile and see what they buy. If they buy old car bits etc then fine, if it looks dodgy ie rollcgaes fire extinguishers then its no deal!

I have set the reserve at £250 so i would imagine thats a bit too much for a banger racer! But why would anyone want to anyway? whats the mentality behind it? as you know im a huge Rover Sd1 fan and thousands of those got mangled in the 1990s and look how manof them is left!

Unless some nice man from the BX club jumps in a saves her that is!
st gilles

Post by st gilles »

Tim, I'd love her I'm a big fan of those old straight six Triumph engines..first car was a 1600 Vitesse and another one later as well. Driven a few of the old 2.5 PI (at work) as well, also a nice car.... lovely shape to them...... but SWMBO has really put her foot down lately and I've promised to be a good boy lol.(in that way anyway).
Hope it goes to a good home. By the way in my experience most people only buy one rollcage etc. etc. and take it off the bangers as they finally expire. Mike.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Wish you could buy it too! I will let it go cheap to anyone in the Bx club
Barnsley BXer
1K Away

Post by Barnsley BXer »

The price is creeping up Tim and 2 days to go.With a bit of luck this fine car will find a deserving owner
1990 GTI 4x4
1992 TZD
Dear Drooper............................
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Im hoping so matey, someones already bid £300 for it as he states you only paid that for it! What Ipaid for it is irrelevant lol, plus theres £100 worth of spares I bought to go with it and it now has a working clutch which it didnt when I bought it!

Fingers crossed anything over £300 I will be pleased, £400 would be great then its paid for the 16valver!
Barnsley BXer
1K Away

Post by Barnsley BXer »

I always seem to have problems with e-bay,I never seem to be able to get the cars up which other people have spotted and your car is only showing at £205.Was your £300 recent,is updating of the bidding instant?
1990 GTI 4x4
1992 TZD
Dear Drooper............................
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

He bid me £300 to take it off ebay sorry.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Tell him to bid that amount through eBay Tim and if he wins it he wins it and fair enough.
Like you say how much it cost you is irrelevant. If he persists then ask him to let you know if he ever wins the lottery because as the ticket will only have cost him a quid then he won`t mind giving half of his fortune to you in return for a nice shiney pund coin will he?
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

I like your thinking cavmad! By the way the glovebox is bust on the 16V is it the hinges on the lid or on the mounting panel that go?

Cheers!

I am very excited now as I have 4 hours to go until im reunited!
M

Post by M »

tim leech wrote:I like your thinking cavmad! By the way the glovebox is bust on the 16V is it the hinges on the lid or on the mounting panel that go?
The hinges on the lid usually - they are fragile. Piano hinge can be a mirical cure!
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

tim leech wrote:I like your thinking cavmad! By the way the glovebox is bust on the 16V is it the hinges on the lid or on the mounting panel that go?

Cheers!

I am very excited now as I have 4 hours to go until im reunited!
Grand job! This time tomorrow I`m hoping the Corsa, the Omega and the Fiat have been off-loaded and the TZD and 16V will be getting collected at some point if it all goes to plan.
Vauxhall apologist.