BX Club at the NEC - Stand discussion

Anything about BXs
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Re: BX Club at the NEC - we have a stand!

Post by Tim Leech »

Will do Eoin,

Just need to find time to write it!
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Birotor
BXpert

Post by Birotor »

Tim many thanks that is exactly what Ian wants. A fascinating history! Mine of a total opposite nature - a Citroen UK owned car sold after 6 months in June 1992 and then one private owner for 20 years who sold it in 2002 with still 6mm tread on the original 1991 tyres.... cheers eoin s
1974 GS Birotor, 1972 GS 1220 FIA Gp 2, 1992 BX 16 TGS, 1951 Velo-Solex, 1953 NSU Max 250, 1972 Honda ST50, Daughter has 1990 BX14 TGE
Previously owned include 1983 BX14RE Leader, Porsche 924, 1972 Porsche 911T, 1973 Porsche Carrera RS 2.7 (FIA Group 4), 1974 Porsche Carrera RS 3.0 (FIA Group 4 ex Le Mans), 1969 911 T/R (FIA Group 3 ex Le Mans), 1981 Porsche Group B 3.3 litre World Endurance Championship, 1991 Footwork Arrows Porsche Formula 1 (ex Alboreto & Caffi),
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

I offered to produce similar laminated data sheets for the actual cars at the NEC. Could the other three owners send me their drafts as I need to get on with this: Ian has asked us to have them 'personalised' not just technical data....
Will get this written and sent off tonight - I'll try not to get carried away!
Mike Sims
BX 19RD Estate Mk1 - Timex!
BX 4X4 Estate - Oh god, I've done it again!
BX 17RD MK1 - it called to me!
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Apologies for so many threads here. Mat - could you lock the 'Cars offered' thread as cars have been offered and accepted now. Any discussions about the stand should be in this thread. People can still use the 'people' thread if they'd like to offer their services on the stand over the weekend.
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Re: BX Club at the NEC - Stand discussion

Post by Dollywobbler »

Just a thought. It'd be nice to have some photos on display of this year's events. If someone could supply some from the Challenge and Aulnay meets, I've got some of Bletchley, CXM and ICCCR.

Another thought is on how we display these things. Yes, we could put it all on tables but display boards would be handier. Sadly it sounds like the 2CV lot are going for something different this year, so we won't be able to just use the rear of their boards. I'd welcome any input on whether we can beg, borrow or build some.
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

If someone could supply some from the Challenge and Aulnay meets,
have a look on my Facebook page and you like any of them, let me know.
Yes, we could put it all on tables but display boards would be handier. Sadly it sounds like the 2CV lot are going for something different this year, so we won't be able to just use the rear of their boards. I'd welcome any input on whether we can beg, borrow or build some.
I might be able to put my hands on some - I'll get back to you on that tomorrow night.
Mike Sims
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Eeeek, we need display boards to hang the posters and banner from
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

I know Tim - that's why I'm concerned! Had visions of building a wall out of empty LHM bottles (I seem to have quite a lot of them!) but that might just be silly.
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Im sure you can hire walls if required, we dont have anything at work we can use sadly.
Birotor
BXpert

Post by Birotor »

When I said I'd produce the sheets to go on the cars windows for the public to read and be informed about what they were looking at I did a dry run on my own car and submitted it here for everyone to see and for comment by stand coordinator. He wanted it a bit more personalised and I amended it as he requested. It has to be short AND informative and not bogged down in detail on things the public will be totally lost! It should say what model the car is, what year it is and some brief succinct interesting history. Ian wants things like "did the Challenge and didn't miss a beat" "brought back from a pile of scrap, and it did the run to Paris for the French BX 30th" and we need who is showing the car. We don't need its detailed mechanical travails and transfer amongst the club members. It should read like an article in The Sun.. and fit on A4. The sort of thing is:

CITROEN
BX 16TGS Estate

The mid range BX emerged from the unification of Peugeot and Citroen in 1982.The design was by the Italian Bertone Studio and similarities can be seen in the AX which replaced Citroen's small car the 2CV. Production of the saloon cars stopped in 1993 when the Xantia was introduced although Estates were built for Citroen by Heuliez and this continued for another two years.
This is a 1991 facelift model with only 26,000 miles on the odometer. Imported in December 1990, initially it was initially a Citroen UK company car. Sold in June 1991 it then had one owner for 20 years! Until 3 months ago it was on the tyres on which it left the factory! The BX fitted into the Citroen range between the GS and the CX.. Produced in various engine sizes in petrol and diesel, the petrol engined 16 TGS was a nicely specified family car.

Data
Engine:1580 cc Carburetted. Power:94 HP. Speed: 105 mph
Petrol Consumption: Average 35 mpg.
Gear Box: 5 Speed manual into Front Wheel Drive
Suspension & Brakes: Hydropneumatic self levelling suspension with high pressure system used on braking system.
Shown by permission of the owner Eoin Sloan

As far as I know this what Ian wants and so far I only have this sort of thing from my car and Tim Leech's! Can the others please send something along these lines soonest.... So could the other displayers send something like that (ignore anything you have already sent) and I will lay it out and print and laminate two copies...
1974 GS Birotor, 1972 GS 1220 FIA Gp 2, 1992 BX 16 TGS, 1951 Velo-Solex, 1953 NSU Max 250, 1972 Honda ST50, Daughter has 1990 BX14 TGE
Previously owned include 1983 BX14RE Leader, Porsche 924, 1972 Porsche 911T, 1973 Porsche Carrera RS 2.7 (FIA Group 4), 1974 Porsche Carrera RS 3.0 (FIA Group 4 ex Le Mans), 1969 911 T/R (FIA Group 3 ex Le Mans), 1981 Porsche Group B 3.3 litre World Endurance Championship, 1991 Footwork Arrows Porsche Formula 1 (ex Alboreto & Caffi),
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

I like that. Seems about right. Couple of tweaks. In the Data section, would be nice to have the mileage stated. I know it's in the text for yours Eoin, but that won't necessarily be the case for everyone. It's trying to find the balance between quick-info and a bit more detail for those who want to stop and read it.

I wonder also about listing some of the standard features of the model - just quick stuff like number of electric windows, whether PAS and central locking is fitted etc.
mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

I know it's a long shot, but does anyone have any contacts at Citroen UK? Could be worth asking Nigel Wild if he can use his association with Citroen to see if they have any display boards we can borrow. As I said it's a long shot, but nothing ventured etc.
Mark Smith

Is it just me or is everything shit?

1989 BX GTi 16 valve. Blanc Alpine. Completed the Citroen Classic Challenge Ecosse and 1337 miles without a hitch.
2000 XM VSX 2.1 td Auto. Rouge Magenta.
TGD saloon many years ago.

1990 Swift 'Corniche' 12/2 aka BXClub HQ.
Honda Firestorm. Gone, but not forgotten.
2015 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC.
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Will ping him an email.
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

I've got us the use of these from my local 2CV group:

Not much but a start!
As far as I know this what Ian wants and so far I only have this sort of thing from my car and Tim Leech's!
Sorry my first attempt was no good - I'll have another go tonight!
Mike Sims
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

Those look excellent Mike. =D>
Mark Smith

Is it just me or is everything shit?

1989 BX GTi 16 valve. Blanc Alpine. Completed the Citroen Classic Challenge Ecosse and 1337 miles without a hitch.
2000 XM VSX 2.1 td Auto. Rouge Magenta.
TGD saloon many years ago.

1990 Swift 'Corniche' 12/2 aka BXClub HQ.
Honda Firestorm. Gone, but not forgotten.
2015 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC.