30th "Anniversaire at Aulnay Citroën Factory September 22nd

Here members post meetings, events, meet ups and the like
Caffiend
Reluctant BXpert

Re: 30th "Anniversaire at Aulnay Citroën Factory September 2

Post by Caffiend »

and #3:

http://www.wideo.fr/video/64a5a9b71b4s.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe
1991 TZD hatch (Triton Green)
1992 Hurricane
red_dwarfers
Confirmed BX'er

Post by red_dwarfers »

The small group I went with in the two GSAs had an excellent weekend, the adventure carried on after the Aulney visit!

Right, from the top. I drove straight from work up to Somerset to drop off my XM, after a quick hello and shifting of my stuff, drove Ron (A reg GSA Pallas SE) and her owner to Aldershot where we met Chris Salter and John Bradshaw who were going to drive Tiffany (Chris' GSA X1). After a few more hellos, John was eager to get going as we were a little pushed for time, good job he did push us along as we got caught up in a bit of traffic on the way to Dover, thankfully though we made it to the ferry about 15 minutes before cars started boarding. It must have been quite a picture seeing these two GSAs pulling up with their yellow headlights glowing!

The ferry was a first for me as was leaving the country so that was very exciting. The ferry docked at Dunkerque a little after midnight and we pretty much drove straight off down a motorway for a good 2 hours with a couple of breaks. We did loose each other after one of us missed a turn so plan was to meet at a services down the road. There was a minute of confusion when they said they were waiting in the services and we saw a set of yellow headlights in the distance behind us but that turned out to be a 2CV which quite quickly steamed past us as 2CVs do...:lol:

It got to around 3am and we were all getting a bit tired so the 5 of us had a 2 or 3 hour power nap in these 2 GSAs, it was a little squashed for me in particular on the back seat but I slept well. It was nice to get my feet up level with the rest of my body as they were aching terrible!

Once we were up (apparently it took them quite a while to wake me :lol: ) we freshened up, grabbed some croissants and got cracking over to Aulney.

The Conservatoire visit was absolutely amazing but that's been covered already. The coffee caught me out as it turned out they were expresso jugs. I wondered why I got funny looks when I grabbed the larger cup and started pouring it in. Suffice to say, not long after the second cup my head started going rather fuzzy and it clicked into place.

When we left Aulney we drove straight to our hotel, well I say straight, we took the 'scenic' route as you might call it. Was very much looking forward to the nights sleep as Friday night was all go.

The next day we ventured in to Paris to do some sight seeing, saw all the usual bits and pieces and some different things.

Peugeot train

Precision parking

Nerdy graffiti

We had some admirers on the Arc, firstly while we were parked up a lady came over and started taking photos, she was a massive G fan, even when we tried to leave she waved her arms about wanting to take one last photo but with all of us standing next to the cars!
Secondly we had a couple of laps around before coming off, a motorbike rider pulled alongside turned around, looked at us smiling, put his arm out and split his fingers to make a double chevron before saying something and darting off again!

A closed down Citroen showroom on the Champs Elysee

Ooo, whats going on here then? We soon found out that Lady Ga Ga (or Lady G G as she's now known by a few) would soon be arriving! We did wait around for a bit but again John reminded us that time stops for not man, no bad thing though as we saw her as she drove past us coming the other way!

The plan was to catch the 6pm ferry on Sunday, due to one thing or another we actually got the 10pm ferry. A short while into the journey back one of the driveshafts started making a slight knocking noise which gradually got worse, when we crossed the channel and got back to Aldershot we made the decision to crash there for the remainder of the night (we arrived in Aldershot at 3.30am) as neither us nor the car were in a fit state to get all the way back to the South West. The next morning almost came and went for me, got up around lunch time and we were soon off up to Chevronics to get the car sorted. It got to the stage where going around a right hand bend would cause an awful clunking and slight jumping of the car!
We had a good mooch around Chevronics for a bit before driving back in our courtesy car, another GSA!

All in all a weekend I will remember for a long time :D
Last edited by red_dwarfers on Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kev

'98 S1 Xantia 1.9 TurboD Desire 2
'97 S2 XM 2.1 TurboD Manual VSX
'81 GSA 1.3 Club
'93 Peugeot 605 2.1 TurboD Manual SRDT

Citroen Car Club G Section committee member
mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

C42 Champs Elysee closed! :shock: :( Blimey Citroen must be up shit creek. They've had a showroom there since about 1927. Great pics BTW. :)
Mark Smith

Is it just me or is everything shit?

1989 BX GTi 16 valve. Blanc Alpine. Completed the Citroen Classic Challenge Ecosse and 1337 miles without a hitch.
2000 XM VSX 2.1 td Auto. Rouge Magenta.
TGD saloon many years ago.

1990 Swift 'Corniche' 12/2 aka BXClub HQ.
Honda Firestorm. Gone, but not forgotten.
2015 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

C42? Fermé? Zut alors! :(

At the Paris Show, where the French car makers had a hard time, 'Volkswagen unveiled a plan to almost double sales in France to 800,000 units by 2018, overtaking Peugeot and Citroen. It also said it will open a huge showroom in the Champs Elysees just across the street from the Renault dealership.'

No mention of Citroen closing their building there though.

Great pics by the way. Isn't it nice to see a 'G'...
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Xemes
BXpert

Post by Xemes »

Very nice report i've enjoyed to read :!:
For the Peugeot 504 you can be sure it has spend time in Paris or surburb in viewing his plate :?
I also can see you are now used to Paris parking customs : both GSA are very closed the one to the other facing the "boucherie" ( bucher) :mrgreen:
Thank you for all that =D>
Development must go through simplification
1986 BX 16 RS 9 000 miles bleu romantique
1987 BX 16 TRS automatic white 50 000 miles
Xemes
BXpert

Post by Xemes »

Caffiend : it seems your link is a little bit …out of time…or parked diagonaly :wink: : here is where we arrive :
Information
Nous n'avons pas trouvé de vidéo correspondant à votre requête ( we did not find any video corresponding to you request )

Sorry :wink:
Last edited by Xemes on Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hilarystone
BXpert
My Cars: Citroen BX 16V, BX Van 16V, Visa GTI, CX Ambulance Turbo diesel, Xsara VTS Phase 1 and 2, Lotus Elan 1970, Clan Crusader, C8 2l petrol, 1982 GSA Pallas, 1974 GS Birotor

Post by hilarystone »

My 16V has finally arrived back and Tony and Andrew were able to get the clutch working immediately on removing the bodged extension the French mechanic had added to the new cable we had with us! So but for the incompetence of the French garage we should have driven it back on the Sunday…
Hilary Stone

http://www.Hilarystone.com
Period bikes, frames and parts

1985 Citroen CX Ambulance, 1989 Citroen BX 16V, 1987 Citroen Visa GTI, 2008 Citroen C8 2l petrol, Citroen BX Van 16V, Clan Crusader, 1970 Lotus Elan, Citroen Xsaras VTS phase1 and Phase 2, Citroen GSA, GS Birotor
Caffiend
Reluctant BXpert

Post by Caffiend »

Looks like it has been moved - try this one now: http://www.wideo.fr/video/c2cd1c16d94s.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:)
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe
1991 TZD hatch (Triton Green)
1992 Hurricane
Xemes
BXpert

Post by Xemes »

It now work properly : Thnak you Caffiend =D>
It seems these pics are coming from Dominique Fallot the man from Citroën Aulnay who spend all the day with us : A big Thank to him :D =D>
Xemes
BXpert

Post by Xemes »

hilarystone wrote:My 16V has finally arrived back and Tony and Andrew were able to get the clutch working immediately on removing the bodged extension the French mechanic had added to the new cable we had with us! So but for the incompetence of the French garage we should have driven it back on the Sunday…
I just apologize for not having knew all that :!:
Maybe we could have find a solve without going to a mecanic : some of the french people who where there are supposed to be good in fitting BXs
I knew a BX back box full of tools :mrgreen:

Anyway it's now OK and I'm very glad about that : we now can say everybody and every car is back home again =D>
red_dwarfers
Confirmed BX'er

Post by red_dwarfers »

Cheers!

Me, Chris and Grant enjoyed France so much that are going over again this weekend. We're arriving at Le Havre but what will happen from there I don't know!
Kev

'98 S1 Xantia 1.9 TurboD Desire 2
'97 S2 XM 2.1 TurboD Manual VSX
'81 GSA 1.3 Club
'93 Peugeot 605 2.1 TurboD Manual SRDT

Citroen Car Club G Section committee member
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

My 16V has finally arrived back and Tony and Andrew were able to get the clutch working immediately on removing the bodged extension the French mechanic had added to the new cable we had with us! So but for the incompetence of the French garage we should have driven it back on the Sunday…
Glad it was nothing serious :D
Mike Sims
BX 19RD Estate Mk1 - Timex!
BX 4X4 Estate - Oh god, I've done it again!
BX 17RD MK1 - it called to me!
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
Xemes
BXpert

Post by Xemes »

red_dwarfers wrote:Cheers!

Me, Chris and Grant enjoyed France so much that are going over again this weekend. We're arriving at Le Havre but what will happen from there I don't know!
Will Annabelle be at work :?:
Or maybe Samantha is going to do it :?: :mrgreen:

Unfortunatly it is not so close to mine and I'm only going there at the end of this month : I'm not sure you can wait untill then :mrgreen:

Anyway have fun : just hope some pics will follow :wink: