Sat Nav question.

BX Tech talk
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Sat Nav question.

Post by cavmad »

Fairly recently bought a Dell hand PDA held computer thingy and the seller told me about a fault with it before I bought it. When I try to access Tom Tom it`s saying `unreliable signal` (or something like that) and the seller believes it`s the bit which plugs into the fag lighter which leads to the little receiver box with the light on that`s the problem. Anyone know if this likely to be true as the PDA seems fine apart from that and I can get the receiver unit from eBay for £30 plus postage for a new one. I`ve set it up in car and waited for over an hour (recommended time) but still no avail.
Any help greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.
Vauxhall apologist.
Mr B
Northern Moderator
Northern Moderator

Post by Mr B »

Try this..............

:twisted: !!!---)))
1991 Landrover Discovery
1995 VW Golf SE
sleepy0905
1K Away

Post by sleepy0905 »

Billy it sounds like you have a problem with the GPS receiver mine took about 55 mins when i first got it it now takes anywhere from a minute to 10 minutes to get a signal when first switched on so i would try with a new gps receiver yours could of been dropped and they dont like that at all.
2017 Seat Leon ST FR 2.0 150Bhp
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Thanks Sleepy and Mr B, cheers too but I already have one of those. It`s called Mrs Cavmad and it`s bloody hopeless. Luckily it`s also bloody useless at computers too otherwise I`d be singing soprano for quite a while to come :lol:
Vauxhall apologist.