The fleet is MOTd.

Anything about BXs
Mothman

The fleet is MOTd.

Post by Mothman »

The TGS went through the MOT again this afternoon, no advisories and i did nothing but the 'Italian' tune up so thats the lot done for this year. Running a bit lean i was told, maybe a trip down to Malcom will be beeded to sort this.
Watched and helped with the whole operation as the pub next to the garage was shut. MOT guy couldnt fault her at all.other than being so CO2 efficient.

Andy
Way2go
Over 2k

Re: The fleet is MOTd.

Post by Way2go »

Are all 5 BX's listed on the road together then? :o

Or just MOT'd and you swap tax and insurance when you fancy a change? :?
1991 BX19GTi Auto
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Insurance isn't so scary. I've got five vehicles insured at the moment on two policies. My classic policy is only a couple of hundred quid for four cars. Tax is expensive though, which is why the Green Tiger is currently SORN and my Nissan Bluebird for sale.
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

Pity you can't get a multi-car tax rate seeing as you can only drive one car at a time. But I guess that would need a change in legislation for tax to be personalised to the driver and that an undertaking that no more than one car would have its tyres on a public road at one time. :)
1991 BX19GTi Auto
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

They are all taxed, insured under 2 policies as Ian described as ime no longer a young un and its a bit cheaper but all are running as and when i want them.

Andy
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

Mothman wrote:They are all taxed, insured under 2 policies as Ian described as ime no longer a young un and its a bit cheaper but all are running as and when i want them.
Andy
Wow, that's a choice of 6 (counting the non BX) before every journey then? Impressive! :D

Could this be a record on here? :?: Although Tim lists 6 cars, I don't think even he beats that as all taxed and ready to go. :)
1991 BX19GTi Auto
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

I do try and run them on a regular basis, just dont get the Mk1 and the TGS out when its wet if there have been gritters about in the winter. But yes, i do have to choose.Thats why the TGS only did 480 miles last year but they were enjoyable miles.
I must not buy or aquire any more BXs, no, i must not or else!!!

Andy
citronut
Over 2k

Post by citronut »

Way2go wrote:
Mothman wrote:They are all taxed, insured under 2 policies as Ian described as ime no longer a young un and its a bit cheaper but all are running as and when i want them.
Andy
Wow, that's a choice of 6 (counting the non BX) before every journey then? Impressive! :D
not 6 just yet as Gloria has yet to show here face on the road,

the phone keeps ringing :shock: :roll: :wink:

life keeps getting in the way :roll:

regards malcolm
curent ride
K reg BX 17TD TZD est
also own
K reg D special

no longer have
H reg CX saffari 2.5 TRI (now gone to Malaysia)
R reg xantia 1.9TD est (gone to meet its maker)
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

You may have more work coming your way Malcolm, the new aquisition is looking more and more like she is going to be saved, now to think of another name.

Andy