Injector pipes.

BX Tech talk
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Injector pipes.

Post by cavmad »

Silly bloody injector pipes have split and started leaking today, one from the injector closest to the near side and another which leads off the black plastic junction that they run into.
Are these pipes (short and thin) still available or do I need to raid my supply of cut off LHM pipes and fab one myself?
Cureently have diesel piddling out all over the engine when running which isn`t pleasant.
Vauxhall apologist.
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

Should be available from most motor factors - I bought a length for a few quid and the job is on my to do list before they split!
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

its called a 'diesel spill kit' and there normally available for about £4 at the factors, comes as a single length and you cut it to fit. They only carry the returned unused fuel from the injectors, so not too much pressure!
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Thanks gents, any value in me extending them slightly (i.e using slightly longer pipes) as one or two seem pretty tight to me and I`m thinking ahead in not wanting to have to repeat the process in months or years to come?
Vauxhall apologist.
Mr B
Northern Moderator
Northern Moderator

Post by Mr B »

Make them a bit longer so they have a gentle curve between the unions. Black octopus pipe will get you out of trouble as a temp repair. Don't be tempted to use windscreen washer tube as it ain't diesel proof and will go hard and leak.
1991 Landrover Discovery
1995 VW Golf SE
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Thanks Mr B, I had pondered the use of clear petrol pipe from a motorcyle but I`ll try and get some proper stuff as it`s not worth the risk/mither to use the wrong grade.
Vauxhall apologist.
Oscar
1K Away

Post by Oscar »

Diesel and petrol are very different and diesel will rot any pipe meant for petrol. Use petrol pipe as a "get you home" measure, but don't rely on it.

O
(Red BX 1.7TZD ("Well, it is a style icon" - Tom Sheppard)) "Was", Tom, "was"