E894 WKM collected

Anything about BXs
Henry.M
Confirmed BX'er

E894 WKM collected

Post by Henry.M »

Hi their, I have recently aquired 2 Bx's for £200 Amd have just collected the firsT bx 16 re 1986 e reg this afternoon. unfortunatley, the recovery truck was around four foot high and the bx had no battery to to raise the suspension so unfortunately some imaculate!!! bx sills wherew btured by the iveco winch and metal bers #-o #-o #-o asthe recovery truckdriver and seller where eagerto get rid off . however it s now saved from ripleys and will now undergo an extensive restoration by a car mechamnic student wh is eagerly enticed by 80's cars . Unfotunately I have n picture ofthe vehicle as i was unable tofind my phone anyhere! but to paint the picture, it's a bx 16 re 1988 on an e re, phase 2 whith fsh and 49,222 on the clock and in a very light metalic blue and flat fronyt nearside tiere and a rotten exhaust sytem and a dented and keyed door. :x the recpvcer was rushed andwas aided by two steel bars so underneath is now fuck*d... excuse my french :lol: the nearside headlight has had it and it has been sat in a barn for years, full of owls and therefore caked in owl turd but otther than that, it seems ok! Despite te brutal recovery, I would assume she would restore up nice :D altough an extensive evaluatuion will takeplace tommorow afrternoon. THE B REG 14RE i willcollect next wek has a dent in the roof from adrunk boy swinging offof a home made swing inside a barn and is also covere in owl dung. It used tobe racedby a citroen enthusiast racing teanm and still has the chm racing liverys on the doors :lol: , it has done 114,000 miles and will hopeullybe my daily driver when im 17 in 5 months time. It is red and has crackes i the rear bumper and a crumpled offside wing and burst pies susspensin :shock: :shock: Bur i will be tenatious with these restorations and treat them with the justice they deserve. Sorry for any spelling mistakes, but a celibration was in order and therefore im not in my usual sate :lol:
4 broken cars, 1 small wallet

1982 porsche 924 2.0 na - on sorn
1961 morris minor 4door saloon- a rolling shell and many boxes-Borris
1988 citroen bx16 49,222 miles- Eric
1985 citroen bx14 RE - not been taxed since 1997 howmanyleft.co.uk (0 taxed 0 sorned)
Paul296
Over 2k
My Cars: Citroen BX 17 TZD Hurricane
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Re: E894 WKM collected

Post by Paul296 »

Henry.M wrote: Shorry for any shpelling mishtakesh, but a shelibration wash in order and therefore im not in my ushual shtate :lol:
~ale~ drunk Weh hey!! Good luck with that Henry - and remember your phone next time! :D
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Whats he say?
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
merlyn
BXpert

Post by merlyn »

Tim Leech wrote:Whats he say?
He says he's bought 2 BXs and has had a few beers to celebrate so can't spell, he isn't 17 yet so that may explain why he can't hold his drink!

Seems like the "recovery" was a bit of a disaster Henry, hope the damage caused in the process isn't too bad. Good luck with the repair and clean up.
1992 BX 1.6 TXi automatic Bleu Sirene
(now sadly gone)

1999 Xantia 1.8 SX automatic Gris Quartz
Henry.M
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Henry.M »

Ha ha, my college teacher is my best mates dad lol and i bumped in to him inot town and told him about the recovery and the other bx's suspension and rthe response was "oh god you havent have you?!!!!" haha, this is hisriendnow btw

1985 citroen bx14 RE - not been taxed since 1997 howmanyleft.co.uk (0 taxed 0 sorned)
Henry.M
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Henry.M »

henry is drunk hence the spelling mistakes haha

Henry.M
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Henry.M »

yeah, henry is a mug, he has four cars and can't even drive one of them haha yet he refuses to sell any of them when he has no money to buy any parts :L so none of the four are restored. Essesntially i am saying henry is an idiot, he needs help, please please help him!! haha

saintjamesy89
1K Away
My Cars: 1985 Citroen BX19 GT
198x Citroen BX16 TRS auto
1988 Volvo 740 2.0 GL Hearse
1991 Saab 900 16v convertible
2007 Lexus RX 400h SE

Post by saintjamesy89 »

Sounds like Henry should log out of BXC before drunk to me!
I'm not a Saint, or a James, but a Tom Saint-James!

Mes voitures:
1985 Citroen BX19 GT
1988 Volvo 740 2.0 GL Hearse
2006 Lexus RX 400h SE hybrid
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

:D Nah your only young once Tom, and its not like he's driving YET
1991 BX Meteor 1.6

light travels faster than sound, thats why you look intelligent and then you spoil it all by opening your mouth !!!!!
citronut
Over 2k

Post by citronut »

you should get Paul of

PBW Recovery Hailsham on 07976328765

he only does recovery evenings and weekend at present as he has a full time job week days,

as he hes moved severl citroens for me and not damaged any of them, and does work for other local citroen repairers un this area,

reasonable rates also

regards malcolm
curent ride
K reg BX 17TD TZD est
also own
K reg D special

no longer have
H reg CX saffari 2.5 TRI (now gone to Malaysia)
R reg xantia 1.9TD est (gone to meet its maker)
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

He did a great job earlier this year getting my TZD to Malcolm, didnt make a mess of it which sounds the case with the BX you have just had recovered. If the guy recovering your motor buggered it up, i hope you wont pay for it, i certainly wouldnt.
Where abouts are you in East Sussex? You pmd me but didnt reply?

Andy
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

Malcolm,

have decided to call 'Collie', Mollie after my fave little dog, escaped again on Saturday but came back with a rather guilty look on her face.

Andy
Henry.M
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Henry.M »

thanks guys, sorry about the other night :lol: :oops: yeah it wasnt a smooth recovery to say the least! though after a seccond inspection, it doesnt apear as bad, but then I didnt have my trolley jack and axel stands with me. The car got stuck on the jacking point of the sill, making the back end waving up and down (while i was still in the car! siposidly steering ) .so then they decided to pry the car up with scafolding rods, hoping to lift the car over it. as the backwheels where in the air but just about to touch the truck, it caught on a suspension part which also had to be prized up :x though luckily the bx put up a fight and made a coupe of holes in the recovery truck . on its way back off the truck, the car got stuck so scafolding bars where used as rollers. They pushed it several times util it was at the tiping point again and the back end bouncing up and down again then suddenly it wizzed down the ramps where the back bumper stoped it. To lower the front end, they drove the recovery truck forward . I couldnt see any lhm fluid anywhere so hopefully the pipes are alright though i think i will need a new exhaust, though the silencer had come off before the recovery so presumabley it was rotten anyway.

yeah, i had to pay recovery £50 from etchingham to polegate the car is a non runner and covered in owl turd so i couldnt realy argue to much as it just looks like a banger. though i wont be using him again, especialy not for the mk1 !

I will ring that recovery bloke and see what quote i get, if not, i will hire a car trailor .

Hi Andy, i thought i did send you a message back? maybe I forgot to click send :lol: I live in bexhill but my cars in polegate.

I am hoping to get a few pictures of the car soon, i cant find my phone anywhere.

citronut
Over 2k

Post by citronut »

it is best to txt Paul ( PBW recovery ) and he will usually get back to you as soon as he can,

he wont answer his phone if he is at work ( driving a truck )

regards malcolm
curent ride
K reg BX 17TD TZD est
also own
K reg D special

no longer have
H reg CX saffari 2.5 TRI (now gone to Malaysia)
R reg xantia 1.9TD est (gone to meet its maker)
smiffy1071
pies are evil!

Post by smiffy1071 »

Sounds interesting, wish you well matey!