Cheaper Spares

Anything about BXs
ken newbold
Over 2k

Cheaper Spares

Post by ken newbold »

Being a new member to the group I don't know how many of you know of M&C LOCKWOOD of Bradford. Malcolm is a Citroen enthusiast and is involved with the CCC northern section. I have dealt with him for some years now and always found him very fair. His prices usually cheaper than GSF. Now for the really interesting bit, he still runs a BX 19TGD estate with almost 400,000 miles on the clock, I know this to be gen because I sold him it. Surely worth our support! Anyone wishing to contact him can do so on 01274 640590, I know he does mail order.

On another note I read about the number of BXs left according to DVLA, on a recent 2 day trip to Scotland in my 1985 19rd I covered 550 miles and only saw 3 BXs, so where are all the others.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

How many are left according to the DVLA? I saw about 5 on a trip to Norfolk recently and there`s at least two within a couple of miles of my house and a few more spread around Chester. I`ll have to go and `spread the word` by means of a few BX club notices.
ken newbold
Over 2k

Remaining BXs.

Post by ken newbold »

According to the club website, The DVLA reckon there are just over 37000 BXs left, this includes vehicles that are currently taxed and vehicles that are SORN. Seems hard to believe, maybe 36000 of them are SORN.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

How did you find that out please? I`d be interested to know how many MK2 Cavaliers are left out there.
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

I found this information listed somewhere on this website. You really need to know someone who works for the DVLA even at local level. A guy at one rally once told me he knew someone and they found out for him that there was less than 20 visa's left on the road. So it is possible you just need to know the right people, I unfortunately dont. :cry:
They think it's all over, it is now!
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Post by DLM »

I guess I never knew the right people in Swansea - even though a sizeable proportion of the local population have worked for the DVLA at some time.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

I know you can access DVLA records for vehicles if you know the registration number and this throws up whether the car is taxed or Sorned but wouldn`t it help if you could find out numbers of surviving cars too? That way maybe some people would be less inclined to scrap rare cars, even if only for financial gain. That way maybe some one would buy the cars for parts or to restore. Knowledege is power and all that and I very recently found out about an apparantly very rare Vauxhall which I`m now going to try and find an example of.
Hopefully someone will discover I`ve got the only white 1.7 n/a TGD hatchback left in the world and I`ll be offered a small fortune for it. Well, I can dream can`t I?