Mixed news.

Anything about BXs
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Mixed news.

Post by cavmad »

Managed to replace two of the leaking pipes from injectors back (leak off pipes?) thanks to my great local garage who gave me enough pipe to do it for nothing. Gave the car a few good revs (road test is later) and all seems fine.
However some bad news which the pipe repair couldn`t eclipse is that my son has broken his wrist playing football last night :( He thought it was ok but was in agony this morning so I had to leave work early and get him to the local A&E. Fair play to the staff they were wonderful and he was seen and treated very quickly and is now in a lot less pain.
Vauxhall apologist.
ed4ferrets
BXpert

Post by ed4ferrets »

Sorry to hear of your lad's misfortune, hope he bounces back quickly!!
Marty said: "Take some small comfort from the fact that the driver of the other car, having failed the breath test will even now be in a little cell, with luck they will double him up with some mean bastard who will be tattooing a fandango on his arse"

'94 XM 2.1TD Break
'99 Xantia 1.9TD Break (almost there)
'63 Renault Caravelle
Cornishbx16v
BXpert

Post by Cornishbx16v »

not good about your son! but atleast he can still play with his wristn in cast! oculd have been worse if it was an ankle!
Timmo.

After all I AM CORNISH!!!!

www.bx16v.com
www.bx16v.co.uk/forum
www.bx16valve.co.uk
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Thanks chaps, he`s currently lazing around using his little sister as a remote control so he must be feeling a bit better now!
He`s got to go back in about a week`s time to have a full plaster cast fitted as his wrist is too swollen at the moment. No games for a minimum of four weeks though, he`s gutted as he`s second highest goal scorer for our team. He`s been good though as my brother is registered disabled and my son understands that there`s plenty of people worse off than him and his broken wrist.
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Hope he gets better soon Billy. I broke my arm as a nipper and it wasnt much fun.
Oscar
1K Away

Post by Oscar »

I broke my wrist playing rugby as a lad. 8 weeks later I got the plaster off. Next day I played a game for the 2nds team and broke it again! Scored a smashing try down the wing though, even with a broken wrist flapping about.

Hope your lad feels better soon, and doesn't repeat my idiocy.
(Red BX 1.7TZD ("Well, it is a style icon" - Tom Sheppard)) "Was", Tom, "was"
Geoffrey Gould
BXpert

Broken.

Post by Geoffrey Gould »

Sorry to hear about that. I hope it repairs quickly and well.
Best wishes.
Geoff
sleepy0905
1K Away

Post by sleepy0905 »

Billy all the best to your lad and tell him get well soon.
2017 Seat Leon ST FR 2.0 150Bhp
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

Bad luck indeed about your young 'un's arm... I hope it heals quickly and isn't too painful.

Ironic though,

When I was his age, I would have done anything to get out of games, PE etc, and would have gladly suffered a broken limb to do so... and yet I've never broken a bone in my life.

I'm not complaining..... it's just ironic!
this might be a signature
Barnsley BXer
1K Away

Post by Barnsley BXer »

DavidRutherford wrote:Bad luck indeed about your young 'un's arm... I hope it heals quickly and isn't too painful.

Ironic though,

When I was his age, I would have done anything to get out of games, PE etc, and would have gladly suffered a broken limb to do so... and yet I've never broken a bone in my life.

I'm not complaining..... it's just ironic!
Me too David,I was born a couch potato.Wish your lad well from me too Cavmad
1990 GTI 4x4
1992 TZD
Dear Drooper............................
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Sorry about your lad's arm. Hope he's 'bearing' up :roll: :D
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Thanks gents, I`m touched by your messages. It was kinda weird managing the team tonight without him. I`ve only ever missed two of his games in about four and half years, I guess he`s living my dream for me. There`ll be a few even earlier starts for me for the next few weeks as I`ll be doing his paper round for him. He`s got a new round now and no sign of any BX`s yet :cry:
Vauxhall apologist.
ellevie
Forum Treasurer

Post by ellevie »

Sorry to hear about your son's accident Cavmad, I hope he gets well soon.
David

BX19TRS 118K E Reg 1992-2008
BX19TRS auto abs 96k F Reg
BX19TXD 150k K Reg
st gilles

Post by st gilles »

Here's hoping for a speedy recovery.....sure he's 'milking it' already.lol Mike.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Thanks once again chaps. Hoping for a better day today! Started off well, just met a cracking fella from another forum and have donated some Vauxhall parts to him. Gave me an excuse to meet him a few miles away which meant giving the BX estate a good run out which I thoroughly enjoyed. It`s so much smoother than the last one and the Subaru vent and Morettes are attracting a lot of attention and favourable comments. Funny to hear kids saying `nice car mate!` about a diesel BX estate but I always thank them for the nice comments.
Chilling out listening to Radio 2, had a go at the caption competition, and then off to the fun factory about mid-day where I`m praying for a quiet day and a bit of larking about :lol:
Vauxhall apologist.