rutter123
Over 2k
My Cars: 90 Bx Tzd turbo ven red 295k
74 D Super 5 black
05 Volvo V50 2.0d 180k
65 Peugeot Boxer work van 280k

how much is a 92 TGD worth?

Post by rutter123 »

after looking at current rising prices of bx's i would like a better idea of what mine is actually worth, i have a 92 TGD 1.9n/a 104,000 miles, silver, 1 previous owner to myself, i have owned this car for about 6 months, brought for £120 with 11 months mot from a very nice chap in Dorking who seemed to know a lot about citroens moreso bx's and has owned a few too, previously an automatic TGD, i got it with a broken auto box, all i know is that the mechanic said "something terrible had happened internally the oil is full of swarf) after weeks of trawling for an auto box i gave up and heard of a guy in cumbria breaking a manual TGD, so he gladly removed the 110k mileage gearbox, driveshafts, pedal box, gear linkages,flywheel, gearstick, etc etc everything needed for a manual conv for the sum of £50 and sent it down to me, a new q and h clutch was also fitted, new driveshaft seals, and a little sorting of the wiring and i had myself a manual TGD. Previous owner told me he always had it serviced when it was mot'd and any required work was done including a brand new cylinder head at 90k due to water pump seizing and breaking the cam belt, so the water pump and belt are relatively new (the bill was about £800) all 5 spheres were replaced about a year ago along with a few pipes, the ride is still nice and soft, it has good tyres all round including 2 avons on the front which have done about 2000 miles, also fairly new starter motor, rear exhaust box, radiator,aux belt and hyd pump belt, i changed the oil,filters and rebuilt the rear calipers as they were sticking at 103k now on 104k there is no loss of water or burning of oil or any visible leaks, the car drives very nicely indeed and all the suspension operates as it should quickly and evenly, even on a cold morning will lift as soon as it starts and the steering is nice and light, the car had always been garaged previous to my ownership and the paintwork is very good with no fading or peeling, it currently has 6 months mot remaining. i have all the previous mot's to verify the mileage but unfortunately no service history was passed on, all i know is that station garage in dorking always looked after it. now the not so good bits, the front seats have been replaced with seats from a meteor i think but they dont look too bad or out of place, at some point the car has taken a knock on the nsf and has had part of the inner wing replaced/welded and also the headlamp mounting panel and what looks like a newish headlamp, i guess the wing has been replaced or repainted too but again you wouldnt know without opening the bonnet, there is a scuff to the nsr door just below the trim which has taken the paint down to the undercoat about 6 inches long and also a very light dent on the driver door just below the trim but no paint has come off, there is also a small ripple in the osr arch but only noticable if u look hard, the front elec windows and elec sunroof operate like new with no rust to the sunroof frame, as for rust elsewhere very little a few bubbles os rear c pillar usual place at bottom, rear exhaust hanger not too bad still there, a pillars good no rust around front door hinges, one small patch o/s inner wing just behind lhm res looking suspect, all in all not a bad bx could use a few hours to tart it up, there is a pic on one of my previous posts will try to put a few more on in a day or two, this car is not for sale just want a better idea of its worth, thanx all
90 BX Tzd turbo 294k SORN undergoing major surgery
90 BX Tzd turbo estate 46k awaiting surgery
65 Peugeot Boxer Van the new workhorse
52 Toyota Rav4 180k Bulletproof Jap reliability
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Re: how much is a 92 TGD worth?

Post by Dollywobbler »

Sounds like £600-800 on a good day, though it's very hard to judge without pictures or seeing the car.
kiwi
Over 2k

Post by kiwi »

Rising prices?
1991 BX19 TZS 04/01/91 (Deceased)
1990 BX19 TRS 27/10/89 (Reborn)
1992 BX19 TXD (Ex UK - K 744 SDF) 15/06/92
1990 BX19 TZS Auto 06/11/1989
1992 BX TZD Turbo Estate (Ex UK) 1/07/91
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

Bought my N/A diesel TXD Estate on feebay nearly 8 years ago for 350 quid. Done 20 K in her since then with only one serious breakdown when the water pump seal gave way over 5 years ago and been a pleasure to drive since. Cost me a little over 5 quid to get her through the last 3 MOTs and i reccon she would go for 800 as she is now.Has 130 k on the clock
Plan to do a lot to her soon and when done, well maybe £1200 or more.Will probably consider selling her soon.
Andy
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Prices are rising, quite fast in percentage terms, but happily still affordable! My TGD estate cost me £266 three and a bit years ago with T&T. If it wasn't so rusty or covered in stripes, it'd probably be £500-600 with a decent chunk of MOT. Doubled its value!
rutter123
Over 2k
My Cars: 90 Bx Tzd turbo ven red 295k
74 D Super 5 black
05 Volvo V50 2.0d 180k
65 Peugeot Boxer work van 280k

Post by rutter123 »

yeah have picked a few up from ebay in the past, but dont really like buying blind without viewing.got my tzdt from ebay about 7 yrs ago for £138 bought without viewing the guy said it was pretty rusty and he werent joking, the rust was actually a lot worse under closer inspection, but in my opinion still salvagable, luckily i was working as a forklift fitter at the time and had free use of the workshops and could use forks to lift the car up high to get the underside welded, has been my daily driver since, on average costing about £100 a year in maintenance, 50 mpg, £100 insurance, still pretty cheap motoring, in comparison to a friend who put his 5yr old ford focus in for a service to the tune of £575!!!
90 BX Tzd turbo 294k SORN undergoing major surgery
90 BX Tzd turbo estate 46k awaiting surgery
65 Peugeot Boxer Van the new workhorse
52 Toyota Rav4 180k Bulletproof Jap reliability