Awesome wheels

Anything about BXs
smiffy1071
pies are evil!

Re: Awesome wheels

Post by smiffy1071 »

I wonder how ZX 16v wheels would look on a bx? I know that Volcane wheels look horrible on a BX
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

smiffy1071 wrote:I wonder how ZX 16v wheels would look on a bx? I know that Volcane wheels look horrible on a BX
Not too bad, Chris White used to run has silver 16v on them. Think they'd look cack on a regular BX though.

Agreed on the Volcane wheels!
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
smiffy1071
pies are evil!

Post by smiffy1071 »

Do you know anything about induction kits? My ZX16v has a major problem... the air intake pipe from the air cleaner to the throttle body is split. I can't really do an effective repair, so I need to replace if possible.
I sent a message to one manufacturer, who said their kit did not replace this pipe, so would be of no use to me.
I just need to make this car run better, and GET RID OF IT, for it is RUBBISH!
Kitch
Over 2k

Post by Kitch »

IIRC none of the kits for those engines replace that pipe. Has it got tees for vacuum pipes?

smiffy1071
pies are evil!

Post by smiffy1071 »

yes, 2. one of those T's has separated, and I've tried unsuccessfully to bond it back in. Also, the concertina part where it flexes has split from the rest of it.
It's sad, it could have been a nice car.
Kitch
Over 2k

Post by Kitch »

Perfect excuse to pull the engine out and drop a Xsara VTS lump in there....give it the engine it deserves!

citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

You may be able to make something up that'll do the job - look at the standard sections, including T pieces that Merlin Motorsport sell, and you may find a section you could splice in with a couple of short lenghts of metal tube and some hose clips. It wouldn't be pretty, but may do the job.
Mike Sims
BX 19RD Estate Mk1 - Timex!
BX 4X4 Estate - Oh god, I've done it again!
BX 17RD MK1 - it called to me!
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
smiffy1071
pies are evil!

Post by smiffy1071 »

Have also been trying to get the sealing ring from the exhaust manifold to the cat pipe...but the one listed on the bosal website is WAY too small! It shows the same part number for the ZX, Saxo, BX, and Xsara..... which can't be right.
Kitch
Over 2k

Post by Kitch »

Would have thought the BX 16v one was the same size. Have you checked out the Xsara VTS one?

smiffy1071
pies are evil!

Post by smiffy1071 »

Same part number for all of them. The one in the bag was at least an inch too small for my car, and Chris tells me thew one from a BX is bigger again...
I wonder if a) the part number is right, but the wrong product in the bag or b) the part number is wrong altogether (everyone) the part number is wrong!
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

It may be that some bean counter who nothing about the cars has decided to cut back on the cost of parts storage by standardising spares that don't.

Years back someone decided that they could substitute the special bolt for securing the crank shaft pulley on the 602 engine with a standard bolt. Unfortunately, the larger head on the standard bolt meant you couldn't actually get the socket over it to do it up!
Mike Sims
BX 19RD Estate Mk1 - Timex!
BX 4X4 Estate - Oh god, I've done it again!
BX 17RD MK1 - it called to me!
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

I *Think* the part number you want (for the kit) is 179875 which is the same as the Xsara/Picasso and can be bought from ebay for €16

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EXHAUST-FITTI ... 0777041813" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

No guarantees though, i can't actually find the correct size for it. I suspect it is something that a local factor could find. If you where in the north i'd say go and speak to http://www.cesuk.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;