Funds for running the club website idea.

Anything about BXs
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Funds for running the club website idea.

Post by cavmad »

Just a thought but as well as a club `shop` selling spares how about a BX calendar for 2007? I`m convinced we`ve got enough cars between us all to get some good pictures of different models in different conditions and maybe it would raise some money towards admin/bandwidth costs?
Vauxhall apologist.
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

It's a constructive idea but how many do you have to sell before breaking even on your production cost? What would be the minimum run?

In this computer & PDA age, a calender is not a necessity and probably many people only put them up when they are company give-aways. :wink:
1991 BX19GTi Auto
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Good point! TBH I`ve no idea what they`d cost but just thought if the cost was fairly low that maybe a few could be sold.
Vauxhall apologist.
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

I seem to remember that when I was involved in company calenders the minimum run was 500 and if you found someone who would do less the overall cost was still at the other 500 level. As you go up from 500 the unit cost will then fall as the up front artwork costs etc are amortised over a larger print run.
1991 BX19GTi Auto
ellevie
Forum Treasurer

Post by ellevie »

And the models don't come cheap !
David

BX19TRS 118K E Reg 1992-2008
BX19TRS auto abs 96k F Reg
BX19TXD 150k K Reg
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I'd do the artwork and work on the pictures (if good enough - ie high enough resolution - image files could be supplied) and do what was necessary to get a print-quality pdf to the printers for free. The trouble would be in doing it cheaply enough. Even a short run with a digital printers would, with binding result in a unit cost of about a tenner, then you have the cost of administering the distribution...

I don't think it is viable, really.

However, I could do a series of 12 x A4 pages (one per month - a novel idea I know! :roll: ) which could be downloadable from the BXClub site and we could all run them out on our printers... A couple of staples and a hole punch and you're away!

:D
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Sounds good Philip, sounds good!
Vauxhall apologist.
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

Philip chidlow wrote: However, I could do a series of 12 x A4 pages (one per month - a novel idea I know! :roll: ) which could be downloadable from the BXClub site and we could all run them out on our printers... A couple of staples and a hole punch and you're away!

:D
A good idea and to progress this further as a DIY calender idea, you probably don't need to go that far. How about a photo gallery that you can select from, that places selected photo in a layout and imports an outlook (or similar program) month into the date layout part?
It means you can have your own preference of picture and know what has been previously planned (clashes) when you print it at the beginning of the month.
Obviously needs a little utility program to import the picture and date info.
1991 BX19GTi Auto
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Sounds like a plan then? Maybe if someone would be kind enough to host the pictures or print/get them ready to print we could do something?
Don`t shoot the messenger but as probably everyone would like to see their own car(s) immortalised maybe we could all send pic`s in and the best go onto the calendar?
Vauxhall apologist.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I deal with pictures in Photoshop, as part of my work. I art direct shoots too, but to get a proper shot done of each car would need a budget of about £1200. Per car, that is!!! :shock: :lol: :lol:

So as we aren't Citroen themselves, let me see what I can do. Just email me your finest pictures to me citroengti@btopenworld.com

And I'll see what can be done... :wink:
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
M

Post by M »

I will see if I can convince the wife to pose topless spread over the bonnet of the Red One....
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Great idea Marty, do you want a hand with the photography :?: :D
Vauxhall apologist.
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

Images sent :D