LHM Pump at Tickover

BX Tech talk
Way2go
Over 2k

LHM Pump at Tickover

Post by Way2go »

My tickover when warm is 900 rpm and this is ideal for "creep" on the auto box. However I have noticed that since fitting a new accumulator sphere that sometimes there is an elongated "hiss" when at the lights and if I give the throttle a slight blip then I get a click from the system and the hiss has gone.

Is an adjustment to the hydraulics necessary? And if so what is it? Or is this considered perfectly normal? :?
1991 BX19GTi Auto
cauchoiskev
BXpert

Post by cauchoiskev »

It seems to me that this is perfectly normal.

The pump has to put enough LHM into the sphere to cover the leakages between clicks, leakages which are fairly constant. So, if the time between clicks increases (when you put in a new sphere) the hissing time (ie the time when the LHM is flowing into the sphere) must also increase. Erm,I think anyways... :roll:
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

Post by Stewart (oily!) »

Sometimes at idle my car sounds like an asthmatic Darth Vader, its all working properly though, it doesnt sound like you have a problem.
Stewart
TZD 19 TD one of the few
Xantia Td estate, going soft
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

Stewart (oily!) wrote:Sometimes at idle my car sounds like an asthmatic Darth Vader
Asthmatic is an excellent description of the noise. It probably only needs up to 100 revs for the valve to shut! :roll:
1991 BX19GTi Auto