Rapidly reaching the end of my tether!!

Anything about BXs
OwenS
BXpert

Post by OwenS »

That is very, very good!! Sounds similar to the pug 309 D I had when I past my test 6 years ago, admitadly I was driving around a bit less in those days but I would only have to fill this thing up once every 3/4 weeks!!! :D Also living in welsh countryside helps as there is very little fuel sapping town driving.
2007 Sportka
OwenS
BXpert

Post by OwenS »

Im not sure what Im getting from the BX14, the tripometer is broken so I can't work it out. Think the ZX 1.4i I also have is more economical, but neither beat that 309 D, XUD is a great unit. :D
2007 Sportka
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

No power steering tho Owen on a 17 :shock: D, so either get a work out or find one (rare) with pas or get it fitted!

If you have ever driven a non pas diesel bx you will know there not light, 14 petrols arent too bad as its a alloy engine if I remember rightly.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Good point Tim, my 1.7 was very heavy on the steering at low speed/car park manouvres. Still well worth getting one though.
I`d imagine the 1.4 petrol would return about 32-ish plus mpg so a decent diesel would pay for itself pretty quickly even though the 1.4 will be cheaper to tax.
Vauxhall apologist.
M

Post by M »

sleepy0905 wrote:I regularly get about 55 MPG out of mine or about 45 MPG round town not bad for a N/A Diesel 1.9TGD :lol: :lol:
52 mpg on the last tankfull in the TXD - and thats with a mix of A road rush hour driving where I rarely get above 50 and Motorway driving where I rarely drop below 80 :twisted: :twisted:
OwenS
BXpert

Post by OwenS »

[quote="tim leech"]No power steering tho Owenquote]

I've never actually had a car with power steering!! :oops:
2007 Sportka
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

OwenS wrote:I've never actually had a car with power steering!! :oops:
Nothing wrong with that. Personally, I dislike power steering, and have actually removed it from a number of vehicles I've owned over the years.

Plus, a Non-PAS car will wear it's front tyres slower than a PAS car, as you tend not to dry-steer a non-PAS car (as you shouldn't anyway, but it's a lot easier on a PAS car to do so)

Plus there's no FDV to worry about.

Plus it will keep you slightly fitter.

Plus there is less to go wrong.

Quite why so many small cars need PAS is a mystery to me. Even my 3.5 tonne C25 van doesn't have PAS... no problem at all to drive/park that.
this might be a signature
OwenS
BXpert

Post by OwenS »

Its a good point, my BX is so light it really doesn't need pas, the ZX's setup is considerably heavier but still alright..in fact of the cars I've driven without pas (quite a few) the only one i'd have really liked it on was a Volvo 360 2ltr saloon as that was very heavy..although it was a damn good workout with its incredibly heavy clutch and tough gearbox.
2007 Sportka