HOLY REVOLVING SPEEDOS BATMAN ITS A MK1!

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
tim leech

HOLY REVOLVING SPEEDOS BATMAN ITS A MK1!

Post by tim leech »

Well guys its home, my very late 1986 D plate £40 Mk1 16TRS auto finished in Silver, undercoat and rust!

To be brutal its been abused for years and coming from london (sorry to you londoners) it has the typical bumps band and scrapes which you cant avoid! And it hasnt eben washed or polished since the 90s it looks!

The front pipe is so rusted it has split in two and sounds like a banger racer, all 4 doors are rusted at the bottom as have the rear wheelarches. Its had a tap on the OSF corner which has bent the wing and busted the headlamp and bent the panel behind (now fixed with spare headlamp and a bit of persuasion with a crowbar!).

On the upside it starts and runs beatifully, everything works and the autobox seems fit and well, the interior although disgustingly FILTHY is complete and in excellent conditon under the dirt, The suspnesions all sound too and its has 2 new tyres. Its very retro with the strip techo and rolling drum speedo and has DIGIT on the ashtray for some reason?. And get this the A posts and innerwings are sound! 8)

SO if theres anyone out there with a silver shortnose bonnet (paint code EVE) which is in good nick please let me know, also I DESPERATLY need a exhaust front pipe for a 1.6 petrol as mines well in 2 bits held up with gaffer tape!

Anyone having any Mk1 spares which they want shut off please also let me know (cavmad!)
Last edited by tim leech on Mon May 01, 2006 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

Muchos Photo's of this machine please!
this might be a signature
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Not a chance until i have at least cleaned it lol! Its minging! Not going to spend a fortune on it so going to patch it up and use it, unless someone has 4 rustfree silver doors theyer giving away!
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

I do have 4 rustfree silver doors, but they're staying on my GT Digit for the moment!
this might be a signature
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Damn it lol A shortnose bonnet then anyone as mines f**ked! All the paints fell off!
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Cool just got a brand new Mk1 rear bumper for £20! 8)
Barnsley BXer
1K Away

Post by Barnsley BXer »

tim leech wrote:Not a chance until i have at least cleaned it lol! Its minging! Not going to spend a fortune on it so going to patch it up and use it, unless someone has 4 rustfree silver doors theyer giving away!
I've got 3 you could have.
1990 GTI 4x4
1992 TZD
Dear Drooper............................
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Do you barnsley, what condition are they in mate and how much do you want for them?

Tim
Barnsley BXer
1K Away

Post by Barnsley BXer »

A bit scratched but rust free.I want £2.52 for the 3(£2.52 being the price of a packet of the cigars I smoke :D )
1990 GTI 4x4
1992 TZD
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Sold!

Let me know your address and if your around Friday so I can pick them up.
Barnsley BXer
1K Away

Post by Barnsley BXer »

Here are the doors
It's the passenger side rear that's missing
1990 GTI 4x4
1992 TZD
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

WhoaH! :shock: Nice pics. (So you keep them underwater, then :lol: !!!)
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

Nice green tint on the glass. :D 8)
1991 BX19GTi Auto
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Kewl count me in for them matey, even has the same sidestripe, silly question mate but what happened to the fourth one!
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Daft question I know but Mk1 and Mk2 doors are interchangeable arent they? I know I will have to swop door cards etc etc what about the wiring does it unplug?