TZD Spec

Anything about BXs
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

TZD Spec

Post by Dollywobbler »

So, a TZD boasts such unnecessaries as electric mirrors and electric rear windows - does it include remote central locking?

If so, can I upgrade it by using the plug-in remote kit I fitted to the TXD? I ask because I've rather grown used to how far away from the car I can be and still operate it. A far cry from early remote locking set-ups where you have to aim it exactly right.
mat_fenwick

Re: TZD Spec

Post by mat_fenwick »

Only one electric mirror, to be pedantic! But yes, it should have infra-red remote central locking although the transmitter may well be lost by now. You will be able to retro fit an RF remote kit, but might be best to unplug (and sell?) the infra-red receiver between the sunvisors.

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

That's an option. It's so handy being able to unlock the car at distance - ie before you pick up the thing you need to put in the car.

One electric mirror is fine. That's what my Merc 300E has. Why would you need the driver's mirror to be electric? It's right next to you! Very sensible.
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit
My Cars: Cars

Post by BX Bandit »

Nice when they are heated though - and they must be electric for that!
1990 BX 16V Platinum Grey
1990 BX TGD White
1960 Morris Minor Clarondon Grey
1971 Triumph 2000 Auto Valencia Blue
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

Personally, I see electric rear windows as nice to have too. It makes it easy to organise a good crossflow of ventilation in warmer weather (remember that?) at a reasonable level with low noise. :D

It's not just a toy for passengers ya know! :wink:
1991 BX19GTi Auto
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

I s'pose it's safer than my usual trick of operating the rear window winder while I'm driving. A good test of flexibility...