Got my BX TZD Turbo Estate,it's home.

Anything about BXs
citro-geoff
Confirmed BX'er
My Cars: Xantia VSX Estate-146K-1996 (The wifes car)
BX TZD Turbo-317K- Awaiting repair/donor car(broken subframe)
BX TZD Turbo-202K-project car ongoing
BX TZD Turbo-212k-One owner car rescued from being scrapped.
2CV Charleston-101K-One owner car awaiting restoration.
ZX Memphis-185K-Wifes daily driver.

Got my BX TZD Turbo Estate,it's home.

Post by citro-geoff »

Got myself a 1993 TZD Turbo Estate in Red,just like my old one.It belongs to my mate Dominic Raffo who moved to a village just south of Cognac.I got the car for him to use in France while he is renovating his vineyard house.It's a RHD registered on french plates.It's been there for about 4 or so years,but has a hydraulic leak,probably the octopus again.Fortunately he also has a fairly new tilt bed trailer with a winch on,which is also up for sale.I have talked nicely to my father in law,Guido Giudice of 'D' Section fame and persueded him to go with his C5 Estate to pick up the trailer and car over the Easter weekend. I have a CX Auto box to go to Dominic which is a spare for one of his 2 CX Prestiges,(One was my old Kuwait Prestige)
I did a complete overhaul of this car before it went over,including new clutch,arm bearings and all the usual BX things. Unfortunately the hydraulic pump has gone,which is why it was taken off the road,and it also has an oil leak from the head gasket,which is an MOT failure there.I intend to use my ZX engine and box as a donor for the BX,so it will become a 19TZD Turbo,without too much messing with pipes etc,as the intercooler is on top of the engine as in the BX.Not sure about the rad though,will have to compare the 2 cars when it comes home.
Has anyone out there got a pump they could sell me for it when I get home.E-mail me @ geoffrey.rothon@hotmail.co.uk if you have.
I intend to go through it completely again,and possibly give it a respray as the lacquer is shedding on some parts of it.I will post a list on here for bits needed later when it is home,together with pictures on the resto.
The trailer is now sold.
Last edited by citro-geoff on Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
1995 ZX Memphis TD Saloon 176k
1997 XANTIA VSX ESTATE-112K(the Wife's!!)
1993 BX TZD Turbo Estate 202k waiting repairs for mot.(Just started to fix it!!)
1985 2CV 100k - waiting full restoration.
KevR
1K Away
My Cars: It's all in my signature

Re: Got my BX TZD Turbo Estate,it's in France!!

Post by KevR »

citro-geoff wrote:and it also has an oil leak from the head gasket,which is an MOT failure there.
:?:
Normally that would go down as an advice point. If it's really bad (ie actually dripping noticeably on the floor in the test centre) it might get you a Contre-Visite (2-month re-test). Still, if it means you get the car... :D
1990 BX TZD Estate ('the grey one', 1991 BX TZD Estate ('the white one'), 1982 2CV6 Charleston (in bits), 1972 AZU Serie B (2CV van), 1974 HY72 Camper, 1990 Land Rover 110 diesel LWB, 1957 Mobylette AV76, 1992 Ducati 400SS, 1966 VW Beetle, 1990 Mazda MX-5, 1996 Peugeot 106D, 1974 JCB 2D MkII, 1997 BMW R1100RS, 1987 Suzuki GSX-R1100, 1978 Honda CX500A, 1965 Motobecane Cady, 1988 Honda Bros/Africa Twin, 1963 Massey Ferguson 825, and a lot of bicycles!
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

Hello Geoff, good to see that you'll be back-in-a-BX soon rather than that 'ladies' car you were driving in Interlaken last year! I'm sure you'll find a pump closer to home but I've got a few lying around that would fit but they're all unknown quantities.
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
citro-geoff
Confirmed BX'er
My Cars: Xantia VSX Estate-146K-1996 (The wifes car)
BX TZD Turbo-317K- Awaiting repair/donor car(broken subframe)
BX TZD Turbo-202K-project car ongoing
BX TZD Turbo-212k-One owner car rescued from being scrapped.
2CV Charleston-101K-One owner car awaiting restoration.
ZX Memphis-185K-Wifes daily driver.

Post by citro-geoff »

Hi Todd,thanks for the offer of a pump,although talking to Dominic it may not be the pump.He said there was lhm under the centre of the car and it dumped 2ltrs of fluid in about 2 minutes ticking over.Sounds like a pipe to me,so I will check before I say yes.He had the octopus done a couple of years ago,paid for a new one,but they either repaired it or fitted a second hand one.Either way I will fix it to get it mot'd and register it here in the UK.Once it's on the road I can check it over with regards to the oil leak.My ZX engine is totally dry,so it will be a good donor engine for the BX.I will also have to get the Charleston done and mobile and out of the garage before I do anything major on the BX.As most of the work was done 4 years ago,it should be ok to use it for a while.I will post pics on here when it is home next week.
1995 ZX Memphis TD Saloon 176k
1997 XANTIA VSX ESTATE-112K(the Wife's!!)
1993 BX TZD Turbo Estate 202k waiting repairs for mot.(Just started to fix it!!)
1985 2CV 100k - waiting full restoration.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Will be good to have you back on board Geoff! no more brake fade!
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....