1993 BX 19 TXD

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
stuart_hedges
1K Away

1993 BX 19 TXD

Post by stuart_hedges »

Hi guys,

I've been given the opportunity to buy back one of my old classic cars - one which I've always regretted selling - so now that I'm no longer driving between Canterbury and Brighton every weekend I've decided to bite the bullet, sell my sensible, economical modern, drive Nimisha's Micra to the shops and dive back into the world of using a classic car as an everyday driver!

So... My BX is up for sale. I'd ideally like to raise £500 for it, which I think is a fair price. She's showing 150,000 miles but in excellent condition for it with a new interior (black leather from a 16v) and only a couple of minor dings on the bodywork. She also wears alloy wheels from that 16v, allowing 195 section tyres which provide more grip than the engine will ever break. She's been well looked after, with a service history back to 1996. I've done over 5000 miles since I bought her on Christmas Eve and have nothing but praise for her - she's well-sorted, comfortable and safe. All the electric windows and sunroof and central locking work well. In fact, everything works except the heater fan, which I simply have never got round to fixing!

She has MoT until October and tax until February.

Since I bought her, I've done the following work:
New exhaust back box
New front disks and pads
Cambelt
Oil and filter change
Front right brake caliper

Bad bits:
Only that faulty blower, and the fact that the spoiler has fallen off. I still haven't got round to tidying up that area, so I think I'll leave it for the new owner to decide whether or not he/she wants to stick it back on. A stereo is NOT included, as I want to keep it for my new car. I'm leaving the speakers behind though.

Pics etc here:
http://www.geocities.com/stuart_hedges/cars/puy.htm
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Which of your previously owned classics are you buying back Stuart?
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

I can vouch that thats a great car guys!
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Wish I had kept the leather for the 16v I now have.
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

Cavmad, I'm getting back the only car I regret selling... my Sally! 1978 Citroen GS 1222 Club in Cornflower Blue; the car I took to Italy and back when I lived there.

I've been really happy with my BX and have nothing bad to say about it but G's are just my favourite cars and Sally was the best of the three I've owned.

I tend to look at cars the same way I look at music (listening to a 1977 Sandy Denny live album as I type) and, these days, women (Nimisha being nine years older than me). I like what I like, regardless of what era it's from. I've driven tens of different models of car, and the GS is still my favourite. Very much like the BX, but more characterful and with (imo) better ride and handling.

Nevertheless, K988 PUY has been a fantastic car and I hope she gives her next owner the same pleasure and faithful service she's given me.

There hasn't been any interest on here - not too surprising as you all have BXs already - so I'm going to give it another few days and then put PUY on ebay and in the CCC magazine.
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

Oh yes - and the leather interior is gorgeous!