Photographic instructions...

BX Tech talk
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Photographic instructions...

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I was wondering if anybody had an inclination at all to photograph the undersides and engine bays of BXs with a view to providing us mechanically mentally-impaired BX owners with a visual guide to the bits and bobs that are so frequently mentioned on this forum...

Can't be worse that the feeble Haynes ones!

Just a thought...
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
AlanS
BXpert

Post by AlanS »

Take a gander at this that was posted on FCF the other week.
IMHO this has to be brilliant if anyone has the time and inclination to get in there and do it (and ability of course) :lol:

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... hp?t=18785

What do you guys reckon?

Alan S
By the time you're old enough to know it all, you can't remember why you were learning.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I think that's brilliant. Although it's beyond my capabilities, I think if we could find out what was used to acheive that we might, one day be able to have the BX in more detail than ever done before as an online resource. We could justify a small registration fee (I know this sparks discussion :wink: :D ) to gain access to it to cover the costs in time etc. in creating it...

Starting point would be to get crisp, relevant images for all main BX variations... Engine bay left, right, top, bottom, suspension front, rear and general underbody views front and rear. plus any specifically challenging areas... Not a small undertaking in itself :shock:
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Gareth Wales
BXpert

Post by Gareth Wales »

Philip - what an excellent idea. Are BoL diagrams deliberately misleading - I was studying one for some time other day before realising that there were arrows pointing at the relevant bits. The photograph was so under-exposed one could hardly see them, so something homegrown from the Club would be terrific.
Gareth
ed4ferrets
BXpert

Post by ed4ferrets »

Merging Three of my interests seems like a good idea to me ie
BX + digital camera + ferret = excellent pics of bits and bobs for mechanically mentally-impaired BX owners :idea:

There may be some technical difficulties like attaching camera to ferret etc but no doubt our resourceful members will be able to come up with solutions :wink:
Marty said: "Take some small comfort from the fact that the driver of the other car, having failed the breath test will even now be in a little cell, with luck they will double him up with some mean bastard who will be tattooing a fandango on his arse"

'94 XM 2.1TD Break
'99 Xantia 1.9TD Break (almost there)
'63 Renault Caravelle
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

I took loads of pics when I rebuilt my engine last year. Was gonna create a thread on it, but I'm not sure anyone would actually benefit from it!

I could probably put something together from when I did my rear brakes though?
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
AlanS
BXpert

Post by AlanS »

Kitch, I think it would be priceless having the engine one together also.
How many times do we see people trying to explain to someone what a certain part looks like so it can be checked or better still, trying to describe a location of something particularly sensors.
Try to describe an idle stepper motor to someone against just having a pic with things highlighted like the guy with the Xantia did on FCF.
I think where it comes into its own is when we have people using different terminology for the same part and for our friends who don't have English as their first language (like some Aussies and Kiwis) :twisted: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Alan S :wink:
By the time you're old enough to know it all, you can't remember why you were learning.