Car for sale, not a BX sorry!

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Car for sale, not a BX sorry!

Post by cavmad »

Hope the admin staff don`t mind but due to circumstances I`m reluctantly selling my pride and joy.
Mercedes Benz 190E 2.0 manual. 1990 Mk2 in beautiful Obsidian (gloss) black. NOT metallic, NOT grey and NOT anthracite, just lovely gloss black. Has an excellent and rare spec, i.e: four electric windows, electric sunroof, very rare heated front seats, power steering central locking etc.
Also benefits from chrome arches, chrome `190` badges on front wings, clear front and side repeaters and smoked rear lenses. NO silly bodykits, spoilers or daft exhaust. It`s the subtle mods (lights etc) that make it stand out and it really does turn heads everywhere it goes. Seats are cream, I think they`re leather but my mate says they`re leatherette (vinyl) but whatever they look fantastic. Original Merc over mats and the carpet underneath is like new.
This car is way above average, probably pretty close to show condition and only inspection will show how good it is. For sale due to lack of use (50 miles since last MOT?) and due to storage space and the fact `er indoors says it`s time we got a mortgage. It was cheaper to run and insure than a two litre Cavalier which I had before it.
Currently requires blakes bleeding, possibly a master cylinder but this can, of course, be sorted. £1700 as is, might sound dear but it`s probably irreplaceable and if you saw it you`d understand why.
Offers around £2100 with full MOT, brakes sorted and complete valet. Will break my heart to part with it but alas needs must.
Vauxhall apologist.
sleepy0905
1K Away

Post by sleepy0905 »

I can vouch for it its absolutely beautifull would make someone a very nice motor , Billy will be crying his eyes out when it goes though.
2017 Seat Leon ST FR 2.0 150Bhp
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Sounds like my SD1 matey, I couldnt part with it, I would live in a shoebox first!

How many miles has it done?
Last edited by tim leech on Sun May 07, 2006 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Thanks chaps. I think it`s done about 162k which is nothing to one of these.
Vauxhall apologist.
Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

Re: Car for sale, not a BX sorry!

Post by Ian_Fearn »

cavmad wrote: `er indoors says it`s time we got a mortgage.
I didnt think your manifesto agreed with mortgages??? Could you buy your place Billy? Its a pretty cool place when it comes to car storage!!!
Over and out from me
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

We had the chance once before Ian and had the mortage ready to sign. Then they (and lucky we`d asked minutes before) they decided because it is `right to buy` that we couldn`t have any more on top of the mortgage despite having told us different all the way along. That was the end of that and for £20k we were kicking ourselves but couldn`t afford it at the time. I believe it would cost about £70K ish to buy it now if we`re still allowed.
Good value (in today`s market) but we fancy somewhere with a garden and I want the biggest drive possible :lol:
Ps: Merc` money will partially fund the TZD restoration.
Vauxhall apologist.