I`m onto this...

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

I`m onto this...

Post by cavmad »

......http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 4568752126

Grateful if no-one would bid until I`ve either seen it or found out he wants a silly price for it!
If I decide against it I`ll post up all the details I can get about it on here.
BTW, do the rear spheres leak or is it going to be another bloody LHM pipe nightmare?
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

they dont generally leak,but i've seen them leak on two cars. First one, well the suspension was shot so its not a surprise. Second was my 19rd, started to leak when they where goosed i nipped them up and they stopped leaking for a week while i had them replaced!

doubt its a major problem though!
Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

Post by Ian_Fearn »

Billy, really you want a GTI Hurricane with lovely leather interior!!
Over and out from me
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

I bet it will be if I try and mend them! Cheers Vanny. It want`s a clutch as well but I`ve seen them on eBay going cheap so might be worth a shot if the car is cheap. A lot will depend on where it is as well-supposedly it`s in Cheshire but the seller hasn`t got back to me as to exactly where yet!
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Ian_Fearn wrote:Billy, really you want a GTI Hurricane with lovely leather interior!!
Ian, I`d love one unfortunately I`m totally and utterly skint at the moment. Unless you want a swap for a dog rough Maestro 1.6 that is......not holding my breath here......!
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Vanny wrote:they dont generally leak,but i've seen them leak on two cars. First one, well the suspension was shot so its not a surprise. Second was my 19rd, started to leak when they where goosed i nipped them up and they stopped leaking for a week while i had them replaced!

doubt its a major problem though!
Had a reply of sorts. He`s up on the Wirral, Prenton which I think is near Tranmere. Apparantly it was a fleet car up until 1997! The vendor is the second owner, bought it at 92k now done 150k and he has history and bills from his period of ownership. I`m waiting to find out whether hell sell complete or he`ll break it. I`d rather buy the whole thing, might be worth repairing and using mine for parts. then again mine`s too good for parts. Decisions, decisions.