The CCC X Rally - 7th April 2013.

Here members post meetings, events, meet ups and the like
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Re: The CCC X Rally - 7th April 2013.

Post by Mickey taker »

Matthew , Garys meteor is nearly as nice as my old one lol.
1991 BX Meteor 1.6

light travels faster than sound, thats why you look intelligent and then you spoil it all by opening your mouth !!!!!
TizzyD
BXpert

Post by TizzyD »

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone involved in the organisation of today, was a great turn out, it was nice to put some more faces to forum names, and a good chance to pick up some more parts for the car, so many thanks :)
'02 Clio Dynamique 1.2 16v - 92K - Sold
'09 Yamaha YBR 125 - 1100 miles
'93 Bx 17 TZD Turbo - 240K - The Aubergine

Paul296
Over 2k
My Cars: Citroen BX 17 TZD Hurricane
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

Lovely turn out, lovely weather, lovely people and if you went round the food market eating all the free samples you could get a free lunch - and I thought there was no such thing!? (not that I did that obviously :^o ) What's not to like? A very high standard of cars all round with some lovely BXs in attendance. More evidence - if any were needed - that the BX is finally arriving as an esteemed member of the classic Citroen family (nothing we didn't already know of course). Here's a few random pics . . .

Not 'free cash'. They take it out of your bank account apparently (swizz!).

Lots of BXs

Mark got a bit confused confronted by all those cars. Just ask yourself Mark; 'small' or 'far away', 'small' or 'far away? That's right, they're far away aren't they?

WTF needs no introduction from me. Yours for the price of a tired old Focus; I know which I'd rather have (although I suppose you could actually use the Focus :D ).

A lovely 16TRS that got bloody lucky when Rob Moss decided to put his hand in his pocket.

Franklins Digit - giving the finger to tin worm (and fiscal prudence probably)!

Gary's beautiful Meteor resplendent in new striping and consequently a very worthy winner in the BX competition.

Mike and 'Timex' enjoy a reflective moment together.

A 1986 BX 'accessoirie' catalogue provides the focus for an impromptu game of 'what accessory would you have if you could have any?'

Last but not least . . . my car! Mark and I then went back to my house and had 'toad in the hole' for tea; what a nice day 8).
Last edited by Paul296 on Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

Lovely pics Paul and not wishing to embarass him but bloody hell Mark youve lost a hell of a lot of weight since I last saw you at cxm, well done fella, must be all that walking paying off.
Sorry I couldent be there, spent the morning at Eden camp (old army camp, now a brilliant war museum ) and the afternoon at scarborough fair museum which had a model fairground show and traction engine show,
1991 BX Meteor 1.6

light travels faster than sound, thats why you look intelligent and then you spoil it all by opening your mouth !!!!!
mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

Thanks for the kind words Mick. Still got a long way to go though. I'll be dusting off my Marin MTB soon. :)

Just to reiterate previous comments. A great weekend, with fabulous weather. Lots of pretty cars to fawn over. Hopefully the next rally will be as enjoyable. :)
Mark Smith

Is it just me or is everything shit?

1989 BX GTi 16 valve. Blanc Alpine. Completed the Citroen Classic Challenge Ecosse and 1337 miles without a hitch.
2000 XM VSX 2.1 td Auto. Rouge Magenta.
TGD saloon many years ago.

1990 Swift 'Corniche' 12/2 aka BXClub HQ.
Honda Firestorm. Gone, but not forgotten.
2015 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC.
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

Yep great day, even though Timex was robbed on a technicality (something to do with not being able to win 2 years running apparently). I now know how much work I can do before it's better than this years winner (it's quite a lot :oops: !).

Had a fun drive home too - the back box fell off on the way home, and tried to take the back bumper with it! Luckily I don't think it hit anything else on it's bid for freedom [-o< (there was no one else on the hard shoulder while I secured the back bumper with a bit of elastic chord and retieved the remains of the exhaust from the verge anyway). I'm wondering if a battered, rusty and bent back box would be too big for me to clean up and donate as a 'shed of the show' trophy!
Mike Sims
BX 19RD Estate Mk1 - Timex!
BX 4X4 Estate - Oh god, I've done it again!
BX 17RD MK1 - it called to me!
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
Paul296
Over 2k
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

citsncycles wrote: Timex was robbed on a technicality
Cruelly robbed Mike, cruelly robbed. If the back box had fallen off on the way to the show and the car had arrived with its arse hanging out any so-called 'technicality' would have been waved. To everyone in BXC Timex is the only true shed; any other car is merely 'scruffy'! :D
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Aye. That seemed a bit cruel. It wasn't like the same owner would have won!
Citroening
BXpert

Post by Citroening »

Great pictures Paul.

Managed to finish off going through my pictures of the day. As mentioned before, due to spending most of the time chatting I only took 41 pics which is quite unlike me...

Here's a general overview of the field - taken later on in the day so near to the 111 cars that were in attendance overall:

Bit closer up this time, with all but the CXs and a couple of Ds:

The Xantia's were definitely out in force this year - 23 which was the highest of all model's there:

Few more Xantia's:

More:

Darren's V6 was tasty although the wheels divided opinion - (notice the number of wheel nuts...):

Good to see a nice turnout of XMs too (20):

Jim's XM 24v V6, Rob's XM SED, Geoff's latest XM - V6 24v, and Vince's XM 2.1TD?

BXs were out in force too with 20 in attendance, although a bit down on last year's 26:

My BX Digit, aka Project X was in attendance:

Nice selection of CXs were present too (10), but would have liked more:

Jon's Series 1 GTi Turbo that he's restored was looking fab (1st prize winner):

Very nice to see HKY once again:

Some Modern Citroens turned up too, with Mike's Visa and Luke's Vel Satis sneaking in:

Other Modern Citroens mixing with the old:

My C4 was in attendance too, lowering the tone:

Good to get some pics with Peter's very nice C4 VTS 180:

All in all an excellent day all except for there not being enough time - it really did seem to fly by...

Good to see faces old and new, spent most of the day chatting and apologies to those I didn't get around to having a chat with.

Looking forward to other people's photos too.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Great pictures Secret Sam!
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

Having walked around with a camera most of the day, i took very few pictures!

There are a few more pictures of individual cars here;

http://www.bxproject.co.uk/gallery2/v/M ... rally2013/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ghaddon1701
BXpert

Post by ghaddon1701 »

Please tell me if I am mistaken. But mine was the only 8v GTi there :( . I was expecting at least one more. Least desireable model? :wink:
Paul296
Over 2k
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

I think all models are just a bit thin on the ground these days - most BXs there were more or less the sole example at the show ( a couple doubled up - but not many). I don't think any ardent BXer would call the GTi 'undesirable' - quite the reverse; I'd have one like a shot if I had room, money, time (etc. etc.). I didn't realise that was your car - you should have said 'hello' - next time maybe?
Gary
BXpert

Post by Gary »

I just wanted to say I had a great day on Sunday and well done to every one who made it happen.
I must also give a special thank you to Tim and Patrick who gave me the advice last year on what was needed to improve my car to make it a winner.
I still can't believe it came first.( not bad for an every day car)
This has now given me the push to put my TXD Turbo back on the road after a 4 year lay up.
1992 BX GTi Hurricane x2
1991 BX Meteor 1.9d
1993 BX TXD Turbo, Ice blue
1987 Visa GTi
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Well done Gary! A job well done and that meteor is in awesome condition considering the mileage. I really do have competition!!
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....