Wanted N/S window motor

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
catsinthewelder
The Big J

Wanted N/S window motor

Post by catsinthewelder »

My passenger electric window has been slow to rise for a long time and finally failed today. I've pulled things apart and the moter only works one way, anyone got a spare?

It'd would be good to get one soon as the suns out and the BX is our sensible daily drive :D
Ex BXer
mat_fenwick

Re: Wanted N/S window motor

Post by mat_fenwick »

I've got either a front or rear complete door which I can take the motor out of...if it turns out to be the rear door perhaps someone could confirm whether the motor is the same?

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

mat_fenwick wrote:I've got either a front or rear complete door which I can take the motor out of...if it turns out to be the rear door perhaps someone could confirm whether the motor is the same?
Hi Mat, IIRC the actual motors are identical for either front or rear but are handed i.e. L/hand and R/hand !

Also note that MK1's have a fly-lead with plug or socket connection whilst the on the MK2's the electrical connection is direct into the motor unit itself and also for what it worth the drive pinion's are different between Mk1's and MK2's !

I hope that maybe of help ?

:)

catsinthewelder
The Big J

Post by catsinthewelder »

Thankyou very much chaps, it's a self contained mk2 type that I need (typically I have an o/s motor in the stash)

Mat, do you do paypal to send you some money or are there any parts you're after that I may have?
Ex BXer
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

Cheers RxBx - I thought you might comment...

Rich, I'll take the motor off tonight after making sure it works and get a postage price. If you could PM me your address I'll be going near a post office tomorrow so could send it then.

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
Tinkley
1K Away

Post by Tinkley »

Mk2 window motors can be disassembled in so far as the black gear unit can be taken apart. Inside you will find an acetal worm gear mechanism driving a steel shaft and phosphor bronze bush. I bet there is rust/corrosion on the steel shaft. If you clean this up and oil it, run it, clean it, oil it etc you should be able to get it to run again. Only if the motor has burnt out or toatally failed is it US.
Wonder how I know! Anyway it should be repairable. Be very careful adjusting the allen headed adjustment screw setting the worm gear position it is very sensitive, and might take a couple of goes to get smooth running.