Headlight smashed by speeding council vehicle

Anything about BXs
kiwi
Over 2k

Headlight smashed by speeding council vehicle

Post by kiwi »

Back in March during some major roadworks my wifes BX was overtaken by a speeding council vehicle in roadworks cracking the headlight. Nearly eight weeks on and I am more than a little pissed at the stonewalling from the cuncil especially since the cost of a second hand replacement headlight is just over nz$300. :evil:

So what happens all the time eh!!! Well let me explain this set road works had traffic lights controlling to single lane and literally the road surface was rally dirt track. In our roadworks areas 30kph is the maximum speedlimit, not that people do observe them unless they are stuck behind me with cones preventing overtaking etc. My BX can be very wide when I am driving :).

Anyways I was not driving the wife was with my daughter and her friend in the car! This council (insert) passed us at a speed of 60kph scattering stones on the way. Even admitted as much in the letter of response to our complaint along with passing through red traffic light controls at that speed or faster. But his excuse was "attending a vegatation fire"!!!! Flimsy excuse the council and police response is he was going to an emergency so had the right to "speed" as would any emergency vehicle. Then he (senior cop) used the line what if it was to a road accident/house fire! Well duh Councils Rural Fire only go to Vegatation fires, the real Fire Brigade go to anything else including this fire they would already be at.

Worst person this could happen to and argue with as I do know the rules for Fire Service drivers and lack of training of the driver concerned.

The best part though is we got this all on video from a dashcam =D>

Not so much as an apology let alone paying the repair bill yet it could have been worse if my wife had turned right instead of left into the path of this speeding (insert) charging through the roadworks or had a stone been flicked into the car injuring one the kids or worse my wife the driver. No its tough luck buddy in an emergency we can drive like a Twat!
1991 BX19 TZS 04/01/91 (Deceased)
1990 BX19 TRS 27/10/89 (Reborn)
1992 BX19 TXD (Ex UK - K 744 SDF) 15/06/92
1990 BX19 TZS Auto 06/11/1989
1992 BX TZD Turbo Estate (Ex UK) 1/07/91
rutter123
Over 2k
My Cars: 90 Bx Tzd turbo ven red 295k
74 D Super 5 black
05 Volvo V50 2.0d 180k
65 Peugeot Boxer work van 280k

Re: Headlight smashed by speeding council vehicle

Post by rutter123 »

I have heard similar stories involving council vehicles in the uk, and seen a verge cutting lawnmower hit a car and drive off regardless. On the subject of the headlight these are available on ebay from as little as £15 BNIB, not sure about postage to NZ, if u want i could check out prices of postage if its any help.
90 BX Tzd turbo 294k SORN undergoing major surgery
90 BX Tzd turbo estate 46k awaiting surgery
65 Peugeot Boxer Van the new workhorse
52 Toyota Rav4 180k Bulletproof Jap reliability
kiwi
Over 2k

Re: Headlight smashed by speeding council vehicle

Post by kiwi »

Getting hold this headlight is turning into a mission. #-o

Council after bit pressure as in a letter to local paper have said they are prepared to pay for the repair and claiming it back themselves from the driver. Trouble is this driver is now acting a right goat on facebook [-X

Hope he is reading this because I know he is stalking me. :roll:
1991 BX19 TZS 04/01/91 (Deceased)
1990 BX19 TRS 27/10/89 (Reborn)
1992 BX19 TXD (Ex UK - K 744 SDF) 15/06/92
1990 BX19 TZS Auto 06/11/1989
1992 BX TZD Turbo Estate (Ex UK) 1/07/91