Ice Blue TZD turbo hatch low mileage FSH.

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Re: Ice Blue TZD turbo hatch low mileage FSH.

Post by MULLEY »

You didn't exactly answer my question so i think that sums it up. I may take offence at your comment about "running a car on a budget" but tbh i can't be arsed over this shite anymore, i've got plenty more important things to be getting upset about rather than some old cars.
2002 C5 2.0 HDI Estate - Jasmine - Now SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - My daily
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired.
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

I'm not just a username, i'm also called Matthew.
Mike E (uk)
1K Away

Post by Mike E (uk) »

It would be even more desirable if it had an additional 8 valves in the engine.

Mike
la BX 16 soupapes: sachez apprecier avec moderation.

It might be clever now, but it won't be in the morning!
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Why take offence? you maintain the car yourself, run it on veg oil and being honest dont spend money on the costmetics as that not a priority, BX ownership doesnt get much cheaper! different to me not a critisicm just a point.

I thought I did answer the question? In my opinion (give me some credit that I do know what to look for) its worth the money, to the right man (not you or Kevan which is again not a critisicm) and I would say that the condition is excellent, it is however 21 years old so wont be perfect (theres a small graze on one bumper corner and the number plate screws are rusty and ugly to name two).
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Mike E (uk) wrote:It would be even more desirable if it had an additional 8 valves in the engine.

Mike
If it was a valver in that conditon I think there would be no argueing over the price Mike, I would be very interested to see what a car like that would fetch.
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

Tim Leech wrote:but I don't see why we need to talk down the prices all the time!.
Or up?
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

I dont think I am, you can still buy one that useable for £500 or below, but the rare/nice ones are fetching good money now which I am pleased about, I dont see why you wouldnt be happy about as you own a couple already which means they will apreciate in value in years to come.
Defender110
Over 2k

Post by Defender110 »

I know I'm in the minority but I don't see any advantage to the genuine enthusiasts in raised values. high values are only of use to someone who wants to sell their BX and make some money. I like driving my low valued unpretentious car and not keeping up with the Smiths & Jones.
I just don't actually care about the monetary value of our cars and don't see why we have to be so obsessed about them.
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

I'm not obsessed with the value of mine (partly because it's a shed, but mainly because I've no intention of ever selling it), but long term, increasing values can only be a good thing! A more valuable a car is the more likely it'll be either repaired or restored, which will require parts, which will lead to the manufacture of those parts when the current supply dries up. If this doesn't happen, you end up with the issue confronting GS owners like myself, where you end up chasing round Europe for parts and spending just as much restoring what will be a £3k car as you would on a DS that will end up worth 5 times as much.

We are already seeing the price of accessories for BX's going up in value. The price of mechanical parts will do the same eventually unless the values of the cars themselves go up enough for them to be worth preserving in enough numbers for volume part production. Some of the prices I've had to pay for the GS include £160 for a brake caliper and £25 for a set of points!
Mike Sims
BX 19RD Estate Mk1 - Timex!
BX 4X4 Estate - Oh god, I've done it again!
BX 17RD MK1 - it called to me!
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
Paul296
Over 2k
My Cars: Citroen BX 17 TZD Hurricane
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

citsncycles wrote:I'm not obsessed with the value of mine (partly because it's a shed, but mainly because I've no intention of ever selling it), but long term, increasing values can only be a good thing! A more valuable a car is the more likely it'll be either repaired or restored, which will require parts, which will lead to the manufacture of those parts when the current supply dries up. If this doesn't happen, you end up with the issue confronting GS owners like myself, where you end up chasing round Europe for parts and spending just as much restoring what will be a £3k car as you would on a DS that will end up worth 5 times as much.

We are already seeing the price of accessories for BX's going up in value. The price of mechanical parts will do the same eventually unless the values of the cars themselves go up enough for them to be worth preserving in enough numbers for volume part production. Some of the prices I've had to pay for the GS include £160 for a brake caliper and £25 for a set of points!
..that_ =D> ^^bx>
Defender110
Over 2k

Post by Defender110 »

£25 for a set of point!, I thought points were always replaced with sparkright electronic ignition or similar nowadays?
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

£25 for a set of point!, I thought points were always replaced with sparkright electronic ignition or similar nowadays?
Depends on the dizzy in the case of the GS. I'm hoping to rebuild a Ducellier dizzy for it at some point, partly because points are about £2 for them, but also because you can buy an after market module that replaces the points for around £40. Mine is running a SEV unit, which takes cassette points. This slides over the shaft and locates in a notch in the top of the dizzy body, and are a nicely engineered bit of kit, but expensive to make. Because of how they fit you cannot fit an aftermarket system as there's nowhere to attach it! I have a small stock of these points, which I've managed to pick up for around a tenner a pop by keeping an eye on ebay.
Mike Sims
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

I didnt realise GS's were going that way Mike, considering they made more of them than BX's it goes to show when they get rare people will pay through the nose for good ones.
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

Yep - Not sure of the latest figures but I know this time last year mine was one of 5 Roadworthy GS estates in the UK, and that was still 4 more than there were GSA Estates on the road!

Most of them died of rust, although having worked on mine over the years when they could be had for the price of a few pints I bet a load were scrapped when the front exhaust pipes failed - they're an absolute bastard to fit! TBH if it wasn't for Rob Moss & Chevronics (who are now getting into BX's in a bog way it seems) I doubt there'd be more than a handful of G series cars of any type on the road - they only survive in double figures over here as it is! They were probably the last Citroen model built that didn't carry any major components from another model, which makes for a challenge to keep on the road sometimes, and I think that's reflected in the relatively low values they command.
Mike Sims
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

GS never had the following that the BX did here though. They may have built more Gs, but I'm willing to bet many times more BXs were sold in the UK. The BX was the first Citroen that actually got fleet approval. It's great to see BXs getting the enthusiast treatment BEFORE they entirely disappear. Rising values is part of that process and while I might grumble that cars are moving out of my price range, it is better for the cars as it will encourage more people to restore them, as Mike so eloquently states.
deltic
BXpert

Post by deltic »

Dollywobbler wrote:GS never had the following that the BX did here though. They may have built more Gs, but I'm willing to bet many times more BXs were sold in the UK. The BX was the first Citroen that actually got fleet approval. It's great to see BXs getting the enthusiast treatment BEFORE they entirely disappear. Rising values is part of that process and while I might grumble that cars are moving out of my price range, it is better for the cars as it will encourage more people to restore them, as Mike so eloquently states.
I've an idea that some 200,000 BXs were sold in the UK meaning only around 0.5% still survive. Although Gs were common I doubt that anywhere near that number were sold here - I wonder what the survival rate is?. Total BX production was just over 2.3 million cars compared to about 2.5 million Gs.
1991 BX GTi auto, grey, 137,000 miles (2015, 2017 & 2019 Citroen Classic Challenge veteran)
1991 BX GTi auto, grey, 92,000 miles (2022 Citroen Classic Challenge veteran)
2006 C4 VTR+ 2.0 Coupé, silver, 78,000 miles (RIP)
2016 Volvo V40 T2 R-Design Pro, blue, 24,000 miles