One of my old BXs up for sale

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

One of my old BXs up for sale

Post by Philip Chidlow »

A while ago I sold a white GTi manual to a friend's daughter. She has had, let me see, about 14 month's out of it and now that the MOT is up and the Tax runs out at the end of the month she wants to sell it on. Apart from the fact she shouldn't have left it until now with only a day to run on the MOT, I don't think it's going to be too bad - it was OK when I had it...

Here's her description: I have it advertised for £200 ONO but not sure what I can expect to get for it as the MOT runs out tomorrow and the tax runs out at the end of the month. It has an oil leak which seems quite minor and the exhaust will need looking at. That said it still runs and is generally sound. It has served me well in the time that I have had it. I just can't afford to get it all sorted as we need to have some work done on the other car. If you know of anyone who might be interested, please let me know.

Here's a pic of it when I had it:

I could go and have a look at it lthis weekend if anyone's interested. I have told her it would be best to get it through an MOT, but she's a bit strapped I think.

Phil

PM if interested.
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

I bet it doesnt look that nice now Phil!
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I've asked for a more complete description and pictures... I said I'd go and see it, but I've realised it's actually in Colchester and not here... Unless she wants to drive it here, I give it the once-over and take a few shots... I'll ask.

BTW, it was F reg, I think. I can't remember off hand, but I know it had the earlier brown dizzy cap... 8-[
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Ian has a correct set of wheeltrims for a F reg GTi, I know I sold them to him lol
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I have a set of '92 trims but I think wheel trims the least of her problems!

I'll let you all know what happens. I sold it once I'm not going to buy it back. Who'd do a thing like that, eh? I wonder? :wink: :D
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Yeh I know who would! Im wishing maybe I hadnt with my 16v is has a whole list of things wrong with it which Im struggling to get fixed intime for the FCS most importantly the brakes :cry:
Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

Post by Ian_Fearn »

Wheres Colchester?? I'm after a GTI 8v manual!
Over and out from me
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

London!
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

tim leech wrote:London!
:?: Have they moved it from Essex? :wink:
1991 BX19GTi Auto
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Colchester: Up the A12 from Chelmsford. Also within reach of Ipswich.

It occurs to me that if I can persuade her to bring it here someone could pick it up from mine.... just a thought.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Well anything past the watford gap is London to me lol Like anything past northampton is "norf" to you guys from the big smoke! :lol:
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

Post by Stewart (oily!) »

I used to have a Geordie mate who thought anyone from south of Blackpool was a cockney :P
Stewart
TZD 19 TD one of the few
Xantia Td estate, going soft
Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

Post by Ian_Fearn »

I'll see if anything pops up at the CCC northern meet this weekend, if not i might be interested in this one.
Over and out from me
Barnsley BXer
1K Away

Post by Barnsley BXer »

Ian_Fearn wrote:I'll see if anything pops up at the CCC northern meet this weekend, if not i might be interested in this one.
How many BX's do you want Ian?You trying to catch Billy up/
1990 GTI 4x4
1992 TZD
Dear Drooper............................
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Barnsley BXer wrote:
Ian_Fearn wrote:I'll see if anything pops up at the CCC northern meet this weekend, if not i might be interested in this one.
How many BX's do you want Ian?You trying to catch Billy up/
I think, alas, I may be overtakeable soon. I`m down to about three at the moment. One daily user (estate) and two awaiting repairs (inc. 1.9TD). The estate is generating more interest as days go by, just been chatting to a local ZX owner who`s impressed by the vent and the headlights and even my lad and his mates are warming to it now! I can`t afford anymore at the moment, got monetarily stung (twice :cry: ) over collection of a certain BX. Paid two seperate people to collect it neither of whom did and both haven`t been seen again since. One of them mistakenly thinks I don`t know where he`s staying.
Vauxhall apologist.