Urgent need for 17 TZD estate front exhaust pipe

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
hvanman
BXpert

Urgent need for 17 TZD estate front exhaust pipe

Post by hvanman »

Hi, my 17 TZD 1992 estate failed the MOT on a holed front exhaust pipe. A good local company has tried several of their suppliers, but they have all come back as saying it is obsolete and they can't get one... This is my main car and the current MOT expires on Friday. Does anyone have a suitable pipe, or know where I can get one from quickly? I haven't seen the damage myself yet, so don't know exactly where it is. I live in Bedfordshire and work in Southampton during teh week making tracking the part a bit harder....Many thanks, Simon.
1954 H Van
1961 2CV AZU
1961 Velosolex
1967 DS19
1981 H Van LWB
1984 Mehari
1992 BX 17 TZD Turbo
citsncycles
Over 2k

Re: Urgent need for 17 TZD estate front exhaust pipe

Post by citsncycles »

There seem to be plenty fo sale on Ebay, although I don't know how quickly they could get one for you.

It'd be worth finding out where exactly it's holed, as it may be repairable.
Mike Sims
BX 19RD Estate Mk1 - Timex!
BX 4X4 Estate - Oh god, I've done it again!
BX 17RD MK1 - it called to me!
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
hvanman
BXpert

Post by hvanman »

I've had a quick look and only found one so far for the 1.7 Turbo and that's in Wolverhampton so too far to collect and at the mercy of the couriers... still at least I know of one supplier and there is maybe another company in London that says it can get all parts, but it's too late to call unfortunately. Ideally I need to find one in Southampton area that I can collect and get fitted while I am down here, but I don't think I'm going to be that lucky.... I do know a welder, but he's pretty busy and if I want to avoid having to pay the full £50 MOT re-test fee, I need to get it fixed by mid-morning on Saturday...
1954 H Van
1961 2CV AZU
1961 Velosolex
1967 DS19
1981 H Van LWB
1984 Mehari
1992 BX 17 TZD Turbo
citronut
Over 2k

Post by citronut »

what day/date did your car fail the MOT,

as you are aware you get 10 working days for a free re/test , and that is no including weekends and bank holidays,

lookk on Bosals web site ( link below ) to get a part No., then aim that at the likes of GSF

http://www.catalogue.bosal.com/pages/ex ... N&model=BX" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

regards malcolm
curent ride
K reg BX 17TD TZD est
also own
K reg D special

no longer have
H reg CX saffari 2.5 TRI (now gone to Malaysia)
R reg xantia 1.9TD est (gone to meet its maker)
hvanman
BXpert

Post by hvanman »

Hi Malcolm, thanks for that, I had not thought about the bank holiday and weekends, so that helps a lot. It was on Saturday that it failed, although the current MOT expires tomorrow.... Having got under the car in the rain, I think it's the 2nd, "dogs leg" pipe that's gone, where it turns to go into the first silencer rather than the actual front pipe, which looks fine. I will check out that web site link thanks. Simon
1954 H Van
1961 2CV AZU
1961 Velosolex
1967 DS19
1981 H Van LWB
1984 Mehari
1992 BX 17 TZD Turbo
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

hvanman wrote:Hi Malcolm, thanks for that, I had not thought about the bank holiday and weekends, so that helps a lot. It was on Saturday that it failed, although the current MOT expires tomorrow.... Having got under the car in the rain, I think it's the 2nd, "dogs leg" pipe that's gone, where it turns to go into the first silencer rather than the actual front pipe, which looks fine. I will check out that web site link thanks. Simon
Hi Simon, if its the 'Hockey stick section' (786-535) which do tend to rust thro' more frequently :(

1769cc TD Estate Exhaust system :-

Heres one on E-bay (Bosal equivalent 786-535) from Germany £20.82 delivered '48 hours Courier' but then states a date/estimate of 6th/7th June (Presumably if you place the order today) !

Click on photo for link :wink:

Good luck !

hvanman
BXpert

Post by hvanman »

Thanks Richard, yes that's the part and I'm "told" by my local company back in Bedfordshire they can get one for sat morning and fit it for just over £40, so fingers crossed their supplier doesn't let them down like the last bunch....
1954 H Van
1961 2CV AZU
1961 Velosolex
1967 DS19
1981 H Van LWB
1984 Mehari
1992 BX 17 TZD Turbo