Lovely 8v auto silver 98,588 miles– Offers considered

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Jack
Confirmed BX'er

Lovely 8v auto silver 98,588 miles– Offers considered

Post by Jack »

OFFERS CONSIDERED : First I have to say that I have three BXs and can only keep two at the most, or one (garaged), or none (since I work from home and don’t need one anyway). So as this is a For Sale section but I’ve made it clear in the heading “OFFERS CONSIDERED” that I’m considering offers, here are some panel by panel pics: after a cold water wash only – no T-cut, no polish, no detergent except what came out of the sponge from last time it was used. This is it:

Overview:

http://s1360.photobucket.com/user/Jack0 ... sort=3&o=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Panel by panel

MECHANICAL: It definitely needs brakes, and a new downpipe. There’s an LHM leak that I’ll describe in the technical section shortly. Of course, it needs a service. When all that is done I expect it to be a VERY RELIABLE car again. I did about 10,000 miles in it and between services I had to buy it a new starter motor. The only reason I stopped driving it was I got converted to 16 valves. Even so, I never wanted to sell it, which is why it is still available now.

BODY WORK: It’s got a bit of rust where the wind caught the driver’s door, and a few bits in the usual places, but you’ve probably seen worse…. It’s got a very slight dent in the the nearside rear door, it’s difficult to photograph but look carefully at the centres of an picture that doesn’t seem to be about anything in particular. There is another one of the bonnet to try and pick up the normal damage that comes from being driven.

Full set of matching locks and two keys.
Jack
Confirmed BX'er

Re: Lovely 8v auto silver 98,588 miles– Offers considered

Post by Jack »

[img]
http://s1360.photobucket.com/user/Jack0 ... sort=9&o=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
[/img]
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

Can you do piccies of the inner wings under the bonnet and everywhere else the usually rust please? Then you may get an offer otherwise there wont be many. A lot more of the engine bay and underside will also help otherwise offers will be few and far and not very high. Mileage would help too.
When ive ever sold anything, ive always tried to give as much info as possible, it always helps.
Sorry, not trying to tell you how to suck eggs or anything but the more info you give, the easier the sale will be. Paint a good picture bud.

Andy
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

BX autos aren't as popular as manuals but its gotta find a home.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Jack
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Jack »

Hi Andy, mileage is less than 100,000 (98,858). That's pretty low for an auto isn't it, because the box stops the engine being thrashed?
Please list out the other pics you would like to see or better still give me a link to a satisfactory list of pics that shows what's needed. I've got two others to clean up and photograph today so that would be really useful.
Jack
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Jack »

Service history isn't very detailed I'm afraid. Before I moved from Worthing we used 'The Tin Snail company" who serviced our TGD for years and knew everything necessary about BXs.
23SEP2006 Serviced and checked over after purchase. (Mileage=blank). Garage dealt with some rust on sills at that time and there were no rust advisory items on the subsequent MOT.
20NOV2006 Serviced and passed its MOT which is the first mileage record I have (90,380) miles. For the record the advisory items were
001 Offside front (damp under dust cover) fluid suspension unit slightly deteriorated
002 Nearside rear wheel bearing has slight play
003 Nearside front bake hose slightly deteriorated
004 Offside front brake hose slightly deteriorated 12JAN2007 New starter motor (93,693)
Northampton
23JUL2007 Serviced (96,329) and advised brakes worn and £200 to fix brakes.

This is all a long time ago. The car stood on our drive for a while and was then moved to a farm. When it outstayed its welcome there it was moved to the warehouse. From the descriptions I can give I'm hoping someone will decide this car is worth taking on. Anyone from the clubs is welcome to come and look over this car so that a better report can be given. As it's in a warehouse, it's probably safer to expect to get access on a Saturday morning, but I will keep everyone posted.

With regret, I have to advise everyone that I am not expecting to give this car a home for much longer.
djoptix
BXpert

Post by djoptix »

I can get hold of a downpipe for this, if anyone wants it. :)
Good heavens! My signature's been moderated...
deltic
BXpert

Post by deltic »

With a little work looks as if it could make a nice car.
1991 BX GTi auto, grey, 137,000 miles (2015, 2017 & 2019 Citroen Classic Challenge veteran)
1991 BX GTi auto, grey, 92,000 miles (2022 Citroen Classic Challenge veteran)
2006 C4 VTR+ 2.0 Coupé, silver, 78,000 miles (RIP)
2016 Volvo V40 T2 R-Design Pro, blue, 24,000 miles
djoptix
BXpert

Post by djoptix »

I have ended up with an 8v downpipe (long story)... £25 plus postage ONO if anyone's interested.
Good heavens! My signature's been moderated...