Onlinr Paint colour chart for BX.

BX Tech talk
AlanS
BXpert

Onlinr Paint colour chart for BX.

Post by AlanS »

I know there's one somewhere; I thought it was on Gabors DIY site, then I tried CitroenZ but I can't find it on Brij's then I went Citroenet again no luck, went to Ron Veltkamps site and again bombed out............does anyone know where the bloody thing's got to? :roll: :roll:

Alan S
By the time you're old enough to know it all, you can't remember why you were learning.
sleepy0905
1K Away

Post by sleepy0905 »

Here you go alan hope the link works.

http://www.tramontana.co.hu/citroen/body/care.php
2017 Seat Leon ST FR 2.0 150Bhp
jeremy
Over 2k

Post by jeremy »

Interesting - BUT I don't think its complete.

My BX TF Estae (89) is the common slightly yellowish white (Not as bright as a 94 ZX White) and this is described in the the May 89 colour and trim guide as 'Alpine White' - and I can't find it on the chart!

The other colours listed are:
Ivory
buttermilk yellow
Sky blue
tropical blue
delage red
sunrise red
venetian red
olympic blue (metallic)
memphis blue (metallic)
Florentine red (metallic)
pearl grey (metallic)
Graphite (metallic)
Black (Superlustre!)
AlanS
BXpert

Post by AlanS »

Thanks for that.
Does anyone know the colour code for "Sorrento Green" which I know is an Mi16 colour, but I'm sure I've seen it mentioned as a Cit colour too, but I can't find it on the list. :roll:

Alan S
By the time you're old enough to know it all, you can't remember why you were learning.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Jeremy, that maes sense to me. The later (`L` reg) Estate I own is a much brighter shade of white than the `K` reg estate I owned before it. I think the newer one is a Xantia colour if that helps?
Vauxhall apologist.
Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

Post by Ian_Fearn »

AlanS wrote:Thanks for that.
Does anyone know the colour code for "Sorrento Green" which I know is an Mi16 colour, but I'm sure I've seen it mentioned as a Cit colour too, but I can't find it on the list. :roll:

Alan S
You could certainly get the pug 205 GTi in sorrento green over here, its an almost black colour that you have to look twice at to realise its green. I'm not aware Citroen ever sold this colour in the UK. Can anybody confirm this?
Over and out from me
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

Alpine white (which is waht i call it) i think is know to the europeans as Alaska White (paint code EWS, rahter than EWT) perhaps billy can check his estate as that is certainly 'alaska' white.

The list on there is certainly the most exhuastive i've seen though i've never got my head round this shades buisness, mine is EJX (Rogue Furio) but its shade is 'cs' what ever that means!

Alan are you thinking of the dark green on the BX 16v's, the likes of Dan B's? Thats the Triton green i think? though VERT being the french fr GREEN i count a good 14 different greens!
adamskibx
BXpert

Post by adamskibx »

Umm interesting. Ive been trying for a while now to find thje right colour for my car, and I cant even find it in this list. It seems as though its a shade of Blanc Cremant ( EWAcS ); Ive never heard of this shading business either Vanny- Its odd that my BX, being a totally different colour to yours, has the same code for the "shading"; maybe 'cs' just stands for an "alternative shade" or something. On screen that colour doesnt look like my BX's paint at all, but then this is only a computer screen and the colour was only ever computer generated to start with. I almost asked Halfords to mix up "EWA" once but didnt trust the fact that my car had a cS after the code so, for now, I found the closest colour I could find (I couldnt tell the difference between the lid of the can and my car, so I bought a £3.99 can called "Peugeot Panama Beige". I killed the rust on the drivers door, anti-rust primered it, and then painted it with this paint. Its a shiny finish but its not a perfect colour match, so im on a mission to find the right stuff now- Maybe the dealers could help?
AlanS
BXpert

Post by AlanS »

I must be drinking my own bathwater with this, but the guy concerned doesn't seem to be able to find a paint code on his car and I'm sure I found one on our Mi16, so I've given him a couple of hints where to look.

I have had cause to have paint mixed twice in the past couple of years.
First one was by a guy who claimed most of this range is done in 2 pack and couldn't be cloned using acrylic whilst the other claimed the opposite when I went to get the estate paint matched.
I ended up with the estate having the best two tone job you've ever seen and had to redo it and even now it's still noticeable. The guy who did the mix also claimed that the "varient" figures were not needed but the guy who did the silver paint was adament they did.
I don't have the pic on hand that we took of the estate but believe me if I had only painted the top, I would have left it and everybody would have believed it was done deliberately as a two tone.
Here is how the silver car came out and for the record, I heated and beated the dent out you might notice on the RH rear corner. I've never had anyone yet pick any colour difference when they've seen it in the flesh.
FWIW, the reason that the entire job looks a different colour is due to one pic being taken before we had any rain and the other after.

Alan S