BXC Stand - NEC 15-18 Nov 2013 - Exhibitors announced!

Here members post meetings, events, meet ups and the like
Caffiend
Reluctant BXpert

BXC Stand - NEC 15-18 Nov 2013 - Exhibitors announced!

Post by Caffiend »

Please can this be made sticky? - thanks.

We have been successful in obtaining a stand at this year's NEC (email received at 9.30 pm today). The theme, for anyone who didn't see it buried in the old thread is Classics Reunited:

"How you choose to interpret this year’s theme is up to you but there is plenty of scope to unearth some really interesting stories. In previous shows we have discovered enthusiasts who have been thrilled to be reunited with their original cars after several years and new owners.

Most of us remember our first car and wonder what happened to it. Maybe through your displays, owners can find out. But it’s not only about reuniting owners with their first cars. How about ‘the one that got away’? Most enthusiasts will have a marque they wished they had never let go, or maybe circumstances meant they had to sell. Where are those vehicles now and given the chance, would you buy it back?”

There are also other ways to interpret the ‘Reunited’ theme - how about reuniting a famous or well– known racing car with the driver and team that took it to victory or reuniting the designers and workforce that created your marque in the first place. How about those cars that have been reunited with their original parts that are unveiled at the show?

The one thing the show definitely does is reunite old friends and help the clubs make new ones. We hope you can help us embrace the theme and can’t wait to see what stories come to light.

We're also celebrating at this year's show for two reasons - this is the 30th Classic Motor Show, with the first event held at the NEC in 1984 and we have a brand new headline sponsor in Lancaster Insurance Services."

Last year a few people rashly volunteered assistance for this year if our application was successful. Which it has been.

So to keep things straight, please can we keep "logistics" - volunteering, non-vehicular stand content, travel, accommodation, etc here and I'll start a gallery thread for car nominations - here, in fact.

Any and all ideas, suggestions, offers of help most willingly and gratefully accepted.

More to follow ...

EDITED to add link to nominations thread in Gallery.
Last edited by Caffiend on Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe
1991 TZD hatch (Triton Green)
1992 Hurricane
Paul296
Over 2k
My Cars: Citroen BX 17 TZD Hurricane
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Re: BXC Stand - NEC 15-18 Nov 2013

Post by Paul296 »

I can feel a T-shirt coming on :)
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Great news! Well done Sandre.

That's a rubbish theme. My thoughts are to ignore it totally! After all, we're celebrating 30 years of the BX on the UK market. Hope it's possible to track down a 1983 BX. Period accessories would be nice - anyone got a car phone? Filofax? Backflash? Fat Willy's Surf Shack sticker?

I also think it'd be really good to have a complete front suspension unit on display. Does anyone have the skills to knock up some sort of stand? Would be even better if the strut could be raised and lowered but that might be asking a bit much!
Caffiend
Reluctant BXpert

Post by Caffiend »

Duran Duran and Wham soundtrack

*ducks and runs*
1992 Hurricane
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

there can be only one

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :D
1991 BX Meteor 1.6

light travels faster than sound, thats why you look intelligent and then you spoil it all by opening your mouth !!!!!
mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

Caffiend wrote:Duran Duran and Wham soundtrack

*ducks and runs*
I've still got my tight, white shorts. :shock: :oops:
Mark Smith

Is it just me or is everything shit?

1989 BX GTi 16 valve. Blanc Alpine. Completed the Citroen Classic Challenge Ecosse and 1337 miles without a hitch.
2000 XM VSX 2.1 td Auto. Rouge Magenta.
TGD saloon many years ago.

1990 Swift 'Corniche' 12/2 aka BXClub HQ.
Honda Firestorm. Gone, but not forgotten.
2015 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC.
mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

Well done Sandre, your proposal obviously swayed the judges decision in our favour. =D>

As per last year, I'll volunteer for any chores, menial or otherwise and it goes without saying that BXClub HQ is at your/our disposal. Here's to the BXClub's second outing at the N.E.C. ^^bx>
Mark Smith

1989 BX GTi 16 valve. Blanc Alpine. Completed the Citroen Classic Challenge Ecosse and 1337 miles without a hitch.

Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

Dollywobbler wrote:I also think it'd be really good to have a complete front suspension unit on display. Does anyone have the skills to knock up some sort of stand? Would be even better if the strut could be raised and lowered but that might be asking a bit much!
Saxo power steering pump running off an inverter and a height corrector with a servo connected. It might not be as hard as it sounds. I'd suggest getting a scrap O/S front corner as a start. Ooooh you've got me thinking now!
Caffiend
Reluctant BXpert

Post by Caffiend »

Dollywobbler wrote:I also think it'd be really good to have a complete front suspension unit on display. Does anyone have the skills to knock up some sort of stand? Would be even better if the strut could be raised and lowered but that might be asking a bit much!
Onnit! - well, Mike H offered to do something along these lines last year and I gratefully accepted in-principle-if-we-get-the-stand - haven't had a chance to speak to him yet since confirmation received. Ideas welcomed from anyone who can help out with that or any other stuff that people can, um, interact* with and keep 'em on the stand/talking about the cars. If parts are needed then we maybe need to speak to Rob M/Barry/any other contacts any of you have for u/s parts which are refurbishable to the extent of being usable for a working display, or can be 'cut away'.

*just kill me now
1992 Hurricane
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Well Beige is a VERY 80's colour....
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Paul296
Over 2k
My Cars: Citroen BX 17 TZD Hurricane
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

Tim Leech wrote:Well Beige is a VERY 80's colour....
You're in the wrong thread. 'NEC nominations' is down the corridor - first on the right . . .

http://www.bxclub.co.uk/forum/viewtopic ... 11&t=18258" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:D
mike22861
BXpert

Post by mike22861 »

Yes I'd forgotten about the strut arrangement
Hopefully we can get some electrickery this year and I will have a go at some live suspension type thing
1992 BX 4x4 Gti aircon Silver
1991 BX 19 TGD Red(the Red Baron)
1993 BX 17 TZD Red the new Daily
1986 BX 16 RS Leader (The only 1 left I believe)
2003 Landrover Defender 110 CSW TD5
1985 Landrover Defender 90 4SC County
some other newer Nissans
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

I will book the Thursday and Friday off then to help set up and person the stand, I have two spare rooms and lots of floor space PLUS a huge sofa that will sleep two (without touching) and parking for 5 at a squeeze plus the road. I dont cook so you can have tea and toast and a good nights sleep, showers, fresh towels etc... plus we have my free company hack to use to shuttle people to and from NEC/Leech towers once their car is on the stand as its 25 miles door to door (30 mins)

I have two spare struts which can be used and a complete interior in my loft which we can probably use as chairs again plus plenty of BX Models and those posters...
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

Well done that man. =D> ^^bx>
Mark Smith

Caffiend
Reluctant BXpert

Post by Caffiend »

Once I have the contract (which they're posting) I shall know whether we have the possibility of power supply (which would be nice, for lighting), what insurance we need, how many passes we will get, etc. We can then work out which bodies might be available on which days, whether or not they have vehicles on display.

Thanks for the offer of accommodation Tim, pre-booking now please? :D - and I can also taxi as my car won't be on the stand. I shall also be taking the Thursday and Friday off.

Re: models/posters - Paul is in charge of set design. If needed, Mike S had the laminated brochures for the Bristol Classic Car show: I also have a spare set.
1992 Hurricane