One of my old BXs up for sale

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Barnsley BXer
1K Away

Post by Barnsley BXer »

Do you need to borrow some crutches from Marty for him :?: :D
1990 GTI 4x4
1992 TZD
Dear Drooper............................
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Yes please and a cake with a file in it for me just in case :lol:
Vauxhall apologist.
Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

Post by Ian_Fearn »

Barnsley BXer wrote:
Ian_Fearn wrote:I'll see if anything pops up at the CCC northern meet this weekend, if not i might be interested in this one.
How many BX's do you want Ian?You trying to catch Billy up/
I just want either a BX GTi 8v or BX TZD in immaculate condition! I'll be happy then!
Over and out from me
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Your hoping lol!
Barnsley BXer
1K Away

Post by Barnsley BXer »

What about this one?
EnlargeCITROEN BX 17 ZTD Turbo
Diesel, K reg. 81000 miles, 1 owner from new, FSH, Citroen MOT 2007, ESR, PAS, ABS, EW, EM, remote locking alarm, very good for year,. £500. onoTelephone: 07881 623075
Distance: 34 miles
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Got a reply from the seller. She says:

The clutch seems to be fine and the interior is same except for the knob for the air heating has snapped off in my desperation for warmth in the winter! I still have it though! The cassette player was working til my son did something to it, but the radio works. Body work seems pretty much the same. It has been used nearly every day and started throughout the cold mornings over the winter so I don't think there is anything majorly wrong.

The oil leak is obviously a problem but think if that and the exhaust is done it would get its MOT. Thing is, to go through the hassle and cost of getting its MOT when I am not really going to gain much on it, I am wondering whether to cut my losses and sell as is for much lower.

Not really sure what to do really. If you hear of anyone interested as it is then let me know, if not I may have to get it through its MOT to sell it.

I just would hate to see it scrapped as it is still a good car and like you say has a bit of charm!

I will try and get some pictures taken so you can perhaps give your opinion.
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I now have pics. Here is one of them plus the note that accompanied the e-mail:

Have seen the info on the users site - thanks for that. No it probably isn't as good as when you had it but I'm afraid I do not have the time, money nor enthusiasm that you all have!

So here are some pics, small rust patch on drivers door and noticed I have one hub cap missing. Bit of a shame. It will be appearing on ebay later today or tomorrow.

I have a couple more pics if anyone wants me to email them to them let me know.
robotmum

Post by robotmum »

Thanks for the help and advice Phil. The aforementioned BX is now on ebay (item number 4640412880 if you want to see more pictures). One bid already! It has served me well while I have had it. I hope it goes to someone who loves these cars as much as you all do...you mad bunch :wink:
artic-steel

Post by artic-steel »

I bought this one, originally as a spares car because my grey one needs some work but it is way too good to break so it went for a MOT & failed on front discs , O/S CV boot & the exhaust she mentioned.

I have very little experience on BX maintenence , i'm going to use it as a learning car so expect alot of posts on the technical page espeacially til i get another haynes manual i can't find mine.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Cheap fix then really, you can get the discs and pads cheap on ebay and the cv boots a common problem. Good luck with the car
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Yes, take care of her! Enjoy. :D
artic-steel

Post by artic-steel »

I got the discs, pads & CV boot for £48 from a local motor factor, which i thought was reasonable, the exhaust only needs gun gum the tester said so thats what it'll get for now.
Everything is done apart from the exhaust, i loved working on her, it's the first time i've not had the pressure of getting it fixed for work on Monday
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Same as me then mate, as its a second car if you run out of time you put it away until the next sunny day, sad thing is I find myself looking forward to getting home to work on it! :oops:

Yes I know but im single and lonely! :shock:
artic-steel

Post by artic-steel »

Well if your single & lonely tomorrow night theirs that BX near you that needs looking at
Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

Post by Ian_Fearn »

We should endevour to take a look Tim.
Over and out from me