BXC Stand - NEC 15-18 Nov 2013 - Exhibitors announced!

Here members post meetings, events, meet ups and the like
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Re: BXC Stand - NEC 15-18 Nov 2013

Post by Tim Leech »

Sandre the large guest room is now booked with your name on it, however if we do have two stand'ees that are romatically entangled and will need a double bed you I would ask you to hop next door to the small guest (the rooms small not the guest) room, complete with cabin bed and lots of model Citroens etc.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

I can bring banner, laminated brochures etc. along next week if you want... or the National
Mike Sims
BX 19RD Estate Mk1 - Timex!
BX 4X4 Estate - Oh god, I've done it again!
BX 17RD MK1 - it called to me!
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
Caffiend
Reluctant BXpert

Post by Caffiend »

National might be better if that's OK Mike, rather than lugging 'em round in a car boot for a week's touring where they'll be rattling around - cheers.

Tim - I'm quite happy to share the little room with the Leech Citroen Collection as I'm guessing the double could sleep 2 even if they're not romantically entangled if you move the bed over a bit so there's floor space! - thanks :)
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe
1991 TZD hatch (Triton Green)
1992 Hurricane
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

No Probs. I have been given a folder of stuff by a mate, so I'll see if any of it is different, and if so try to et that copied and laminated too (the first part is easy, not sure about the 2nd!)
Mike Sims
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
Caffiend
Reluctant BXpert

Post by Caffiend »

I have a laminator - only A4, but it does the job :)

Also, Ian's post on the nominations thread about mileage boards reminded me that he made that suggestion last year and I made a note of it and a few others for "if we got a stand this year". I then put that note somewhere safe and forgot about it entirely until now - thanks Ian!

As well as the prominent mileage cards, I have some stuff listed that's already been mentioned - hydraulics demo type thingy, a 'restoration storyboard' (larger stand than last year, so we may have space for more than one if the cars picked have those stories and photos behind 'em). Also:

Hilary suggested a badge machine - usually available for loan from local authorities/similar - small charge on these of course to cover materials.

Paul is adamant that we need carpet and it really does finish off a stand nicely - if we can get some at reasonable cost, preferably free (we need 9 m by 12 m preferably). Tiles need not apply, I watched the Matra stand opposite set theirs up ... it took them hours and probably cost a bomb in double-sided tape. If we can't get carpet, then the Traction Owner's Club just 'edged' their stand with tape, which was better than nothing.

I thought that we needed some A5 flyers/similar for people to take away, and forms that they can fill in so we can sign 'em up to the forum. Data Protection is my job, I can do something useful, yet legal ;P - and a postbox.
1992 Hurricane
Caffiend
Reluctant BXpert

Post by Caffiend »

Also, has anyone got any kind of "rechargeable" lighting they can loan? No Mat, not your Hiroshima-lookalike torches, more things like those workshop lights that - IIRC - last for up to 12 hours when charged and could somehow be rigged up to make our stand look less orange?

These may not be needed if we have access to a power supply, I'm still waiting for the paperwork to find that out ...
1992 Hurricane
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Good call on tiles. 2CVGB used to use them. Notable that last year they used a mixture of carpet and lino in large pieces. Much easier!
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

Caffiend wrote:No Mat, not your Hiroshima-lookalike torches
Spoilsport :P

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

I'll second the suggestion against tiles, as we've used the 2CVGB ones at Shepton. Either the ones on the edge kept moving, or they ended up being stuck down so well that that they were getting damaged (or pulling up the floor paint) when packing up.
Mike Sims
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
Paul296
Over 2k
My Cars: Citroen BX 17 TZD Hurricane
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

Tiles R not Us - agreed. We've got 108 sq. m. to cover and trying to lay tiles would be a bit mental - I mean, you've go to be a bit mental to own a Matra haven't you?

I've had a look at carpet and it's not looking good unless I/another club member/ a mystery benefactor, wins the lottery before November, although there are still a few lines of enquiry to follow up.

The fact is the floors in the NEC are crap and I felt really detracted from the cars - the stands that showed the cars off to their best advantage all had some kind of floor covering. If anyone's got any bright ideas or 108 sq. m. of grey cord carpet (or knows where we might lay our hands on same or similar) please raise your hand.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

On the Sd1 stand in previous years we have had a clip together rubber flooring which is good BUT takes up half a normal sized garage when stored away and required a standard sized transit to shift it so it got ditched.

Carpets a nice idea but cheap stuff soon becomes shabby with oil/lhm stains and tyres marks PLUS it has to be taped down to save the great unwashed tripping over it....... It would be nice to get some promotional materials and a collection of BX adverts on a DVD playing away....
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

I think the best bet is keep an eye open in the local free adds papers, Freecycle etc. and see what comes up.
Mike Sims
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
Caffiend
Reluctant BXpert

Post by Caffiend »

I'm not sure that free ads, Freecycle etc will 'cut it' as not many householders will be offloading carpet in the size required! Worth phoning round office refurbishment type companies/shopfitters, as they may be willing to hand over something large enough and save their disposal costs.

Thinking about it, carpet of the size required might need a van to transport as well :S.

Mike has laminated copies of brochures from last year (and I have a spare set), liking the DVD idea - the network card on my old laptop broke, but it's good quality playback on DVDs/music, so happy to bring that along.
1992 Hurricane
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

If you want pics of Club or members activites as well as brochures etc, I have loads of pics from the Challenge last year, and will probably have a load more for this year which may look good on a slideshow
Mike Sims
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

The place to get large amounts of carpet on the super cheap is wedding marque hire places. They don't use the carpet twice and bin it after every event. Its usually grey, but i've had green and pink before now. Likely hood is that the underside will be muddy, and you'll have to collect. But it's mostly plastic and wears well for the amount of time you'll need it!

I suspect you'll have to do it in at least 2 pieces though, as carpet rarely comes in anything greater than a 4m width.