Wanted please;-Used heater control circuit board.

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
bx petrol auto saloon
BXpert
My Cars: Citroens SAABs and Vauxhalls

Wanted please;-Used heater control circuit board.

Post by bx petrol auto saloon »

Dear All,
Whilst I was trying to renew my heater facia control 1.2w capless bulbs :roll: I had a very loose bulb holder which I succesfully managed to remove and tighten it up, and it was at this point I was having to remove the circuit board ( the part with the capless bulbs in ) to refit the one bulb holder that was a little tricky, after removing the one phillips screw the whole circuit board came out, which wasn,t a problem but for some reason it all wouldn,t go back together :( :roll:
I was wondering if anyone very kindly has a good used I may be able to purchase :?: and that they may be able to kindly stick one in the post for me would be really great :D
It is marked with a makers id on which is Eledasa, this part is the flat circuit board that fits into the white housing that holds the heater control bulbs in.
My only worry is that the part may be specific to cars with air-con fitted.
Many Thanks,
Vince,
Passion Hydropneumatic Citroen,s

Cars;- 1993 White Citroen BX 1.6 TXi petrol
saloon auto with air-con & ABS.
47,594 Miles from new.
Owned for 3 years sorned.
1988 Silver SAAB 900i 2.0 8v F/lift,
saloon 5sp with 3 spoke Ronals,
69,000 Miles from new.
Owned for 15 years T & T.
mat_fenwick

Re: Wanted please;-Used heater control circuit board.

Post by mat_fenwick »

It's not specific to cars with AC, so that's one less worry. Although I'm pretty sure I don't have any left any more. Having said that I can't see what would be actually wrong with yours to stop it clipping back into place. There are a number of tabs as well as the screws to hold it in place, so a reasonable amount of force is needed to get it into position.

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
Oilyspanner
BXpert

Post by Oilyspanner »

I am just sorting out my older BX and Xantia bits and have come across one of those, PM me if you still need one.
The beatings will continue until morale improves
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

You don't need a replacement one, as mat has said there are some tabs that you have to gently but firmly push to get the board back into positon to allow you to put the screw back in, just carefully re-look at it & i'm sure it will make sense :)
2002 C5 2.0 HDI Estate - Jasmine - Now SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - My daily
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired.
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

I'm not just a username, i'm also called Matthew.
bx petrol auto saloon
BXpert

Dear All, Todays UPDATE,
Today I have succesfully mangaged to remove the printed circuit board. ( The problem as to why it wouldn,t go back together yesterday, was down to one of spade terminals at the back, wasn,t lined up correctly with its hole, and was a little bent. ) After taking the circuit board back out today and rectifying the bent spade terminal problem. I carefully refitted the circuit board and it went back in a lot easier this time :wink: :) I managed to get the block connector on the spade terminals at the back, back on :) I then switched on the ignition and tested everything was still working :) Air-con relay still working, recirc button still working and my two new heater control illumination 1.2w capless bulbs are still working :)
However the interior fan isn,t working at all, at any speed :( I got my circuit tester and tried to see if I have a live feed on the circuit board ) but no feeds on any of soldered parts. I did connect my test light on to the part with the broken piece missing out of it, and the came, but only on full speed, and I thought that I would at that point see if the control knob was working at all speeds ( but alas, I have no control by rotating the control knob.) :(
Does this now mean I need to get another circuit board :?:
Many thanks indeed :wink: :)
Vince,

47,594 Miles from new.
69,000 Miles from new.
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

May be a lost earth, have a look at the 'definitive heater modifications' thread in the technical FAQ. Pert of this refers to the broken earth problem which is common.
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
bx petrol auto saloon
BXpert

Dear All,
Today I have pulled the 5 pin block connector off from the heater control panel :) and I have tested them with a test light, and I have the following readings;- no1 is a live, no2 is nothing, no3 is nothing, no4 is nothing, no5 puts on the interior blower at full speed :o
With these somewhat strange readings, I can only assume that THIS particular problem is not due to the damaged circuit board.
Dear Mat, thank-you so much for the kind advice =D> :D I will read and inwardly digest and see how we go :wink:
Any help would be very very gratefully received, thank-you :)
Vince,

47,594 Miles from new.
69,000 Miles from new.
bx petrol auto saloon
BXpert

Dear All, UPDATED 27/6/13.
After having been very very kindly offered a very good used working heater control circuit board, very kindly posted by Mr Oilyspanner/Stewart, which very kindly arrived this morning =D> :D He very kindly offered me 2 of these circuit boards, which was fantastic and now means that I very kindly have a spare one aswell. =D> :wink: :D thank-you so very much indeed Stewart, I couldn,t have done the job without your very kind offer and help aswell :D =D>
Today I managed to replace the heater control circuit board and I have swapped over my new bulbs and it all went back together this a heck of a lot easier, with no problems what so ever and the new one is working 100% spot on, and the fan is working on all 3 speeds aswell now :wink: :D ( which I don,t think that it was working correctly on all 3 speeds before) :roll: #-o
The problem why the interior fan had stopped working was 100% down to the fact that the circular plastic disc that should be fitted and clipped into place, on the old circuit board. It wasn,t clipped into place at all, it had just been pushed over the spindle and was just resting on top the circuit board, so wasn,t touching the circuit board at all :roll:
Again many thanks indeed for alll of your very very kind help and assistance as ever,
and especially to Stewart for his very very kind intervention and most of all his kindness and help in helping to sort out the problem too =D> :D :wink:
Vince,

47,594 Miles from new.
69,000 Miles from new.
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit
My Cars: Cars

Post by BX Bandit »

Glad you got a happy ending Vince. Watch out for those spade terminals though, the soldered joints (to the PCB) fatigue quite easily
1990 BX 16V Platinum Grey
1990 BX TGD White
1960 Morris Minor Clarondon Grey
1971 Triumph 2000 Auto Valencia Blue