Walt wakes up.

Anything about BXs
Thread Bear
1K Away

Walt wakes up.

Post by Thread Bear »

WWalt, the 1.7 TZD turbo saloon has been woken from his 31/2 year slumber. Had to be taken round the back of the house and cleaned off, quick whizz round to check all systems. The task was to get him across to the temporary storage at the friendly Farmer's while I am moving. So he needed to look like a road going car. Not that I would ever take the chance in driving an untaxed, unMOTed or non insured car on our roads, you understand. Especially one with a bent front crossmember awaiting change. No, I got someone else to do it. We were trailing the Saab over behind mates Merc at the same time. Having got the car going I had to see what it went like. Still a damned good car. Plenty of power, sprightly despite some crappo tyres and a very nice ride. I am encouraged to get into changing that crossmember as he really needs very little else to be roadworthy again. Such a shame its not a Bosch injected engine.
Miguel - 16 TRS Auto S, light blue, 43k miles - £450
Pluto - 14 E S, White, 105k Miles - in work
Egbert - 19 16v Gti, White, A/C & Leather, - Keeper
Walt - 17 TZD Turbo S, graphite, 70k miles, good op extras - Keeper
Scraper- 17 TZD Turbo E, blue, 208k miles - parts
Homer - 19 TXD E, Red, 189k miles - £250
Gary - 17 TZD Turbo E, 118k miles - in work

'87 Trooper, Borgwards, Saabs, MG ZB, Bellamy Trials, Fiat Jolly & Bianchina, Goggo Dart, Messerschmitt, Heinkel, Bubblecars