Breaking TD Estate

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Re: Breaking TD Estate

Post by Jaba »

TizzyD wrote:What was the window motor on the drivers door like as mine has packed up ? Could collect with the centre console at the national.
Its good. I will bring one along on the 20th.
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

Bringing the spot light back on me for a sec, does the front bumper still have splitter and fogs in? Not a deal breaker either way, but I suddenly just stopped and though "ooh, estate gets upgraded too!"

:lol:
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
Jaba
1K Away

Post by Jaba »

Kitch wrote:Bringing the spot light back on me for a sec, does the front bumper still have splitter and fogs in? Not a deal breaker either way, but I suddenly just stopped and though "ooh, estate gets upgraded too!"

:lol:
No splitter or fogs on this model even though it has an aircon loom fitted. I have fogs on the GTi but never ever use them cos you cant actually see any benefit from them when on. They are good at annoying/dazzling other motorists though !!
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
Thread Bear
1K Away

Post by Thread Bear »

Great day removing parts from the Estate. Thanks for your patience. Good spares to have for the future and the dash with temperature gauge already assembled is a distinct jump ahead.
Interestingly the water light did pop on just as I got home. So there must be a pin hole in that rad somewhere as the fellow said. No fan on so no drama or anything. If I can find it I might be able to fix it. Could still be the stopper he had botched leaking. However I had a radiator before that only failed under pressure and blew steam rather than water as the hole was so tiny. Found by a slight burning sensation of the finger.
Thanks once again.
Miguel - 16 TRS Auto S, light blue, 43k miles - £450
Pluto - 14 E S, White, 105k Miles - in work
Egbert - 19 16v Gti, White, A/C & Leather, - Keeper
Walt - 17 TZD Turbo S, graphite, 70k miles, good op extras - Keeper
Scraper- 17 TZD Turbo E, blue, 208k miles - parts
Homer - 19 TXD E, Red, 189k miles - £250
Gary - 17 TZD Turbo E, 118k miles - in work

'87 Trooper, Borgwards, Saabs, MG ZB, Bellamy Trials, Fiat Jolly & Bianchina, Goggo Dart, Messerschmitt, Heinkel, Bubblecars
Thread Bear
1K Away

Post by Thread Bear »

Hi 'tis I

Realized I did not know I needed a interior light for both the glove box and the estate real loading area. Might even be the same unit?

When you scrap the car are you taking wheels off it? Going through mine I have a right selection of bent and rusty ones. Walt was mint when my mate had him but I have no idea what he has been doing as only one rim is really worth sending off to be cleaned up! My own calamities have added to the Estates poor selection with an extra duff rim. So some reusable rims would be if interest in due course if feasable.
Did find one spare wheel with usable tyre in the shed. On checking Walts tyres they are all damaged in one way or another and not trustworthy in use. So the Estate now has a reasonable spare tyre again.
Miguel - 16 TRS Auto S, light blue, 43k miles - £450
Pluto - 14 E S, White, 105k Miles - in work
Egbert - 19 16v Gti, White, A/C & Leather, - Keeper
Walt - 17 TZD Turbo S, graphite, 70k miles, good op extras - Keeper
Scraper- 17 TZD Turbo E, blue, 208k miles - parts
Homer - 19 TXD E, Red, 189k miles - £250
Gary - 17 TZD Turbo E, 118k miles - in work

'87 Trooper, Borgwards, Saabs, MG ZB, Bellamy Trials, Fiat Jolly & Bianchina, Goggo Dart, Messerschmitt, Heinkel, Bubblecars
Caffiend
Reluctant BXpert

Post by Caffiend »

Jaba, is the o/s/f wing still available/what's it like? Mine got crunched yesterday :( - possibly repairable, but may be easier just to replace if I can get one in the same colour ...

Please let me know how much you want for it if it's up for grabs, I shall be at the National :)
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe
1991 TZD hatch (Triton Green)
1992 Hurricane
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Caffiend wrote:Jaba, is the o/s/f wing still available/what's it like? Mine got crunched yesterday :( - possibly repairable, but may be easier just to replace if I can get one in the same colour ...

Please let me know how much you want for it if it's up for grabs, I shall be at the National :)

If he brings it I will fit it for you. :D
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Caffiend
Reluctant BXpert

Post by Caffiend »

Thank you <4
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe
1991 TZD hatch (Triton Green)
1992 Hurricane
benben10
Confirmed BX'er

Post by benben10 »

hi, is the steering wheel up for grabs? mine has a big bite out of it from previous owners dog.
thanks
Pogo
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Pogo »

Need a boot light if there the same as a hatch?
1990 Black BX GTI
Jaba
1K Away

Post by Jaba »

Tim Leech wrote:
Caffiend wrote:Jaba, is the o/s/f wing still available/what's it like? Mine got crunched yesterday :( - possibly repairable, but may be easier just to replace if I can get one in the same colour ...

If he brings it I will fit it for you. :D
Yes , its a good one Sandre so I can be your spares bitch. Its no charge for services to the BXC.

Trouble is I will not have time to remove it before the National as I'm off to France for a bit then have an Ausssie guest to entertain. Getting away to Wicksteed has proved tricky enough.
Will speak on Saturday.
benben10 wrote:hi, is the steering wheel up for grabs? mine has a big bite out of it from previous owners dog.
thanks
Jaba
1K Away

Post by Jaba »

benben10 wrote:hi, is the steering wheel up for grabs? mine has a big bite out of it from previous owners dog.
thanks
Sorry I need to keep it so that the car is manoeuvrable.
Jaba
1K Away

Post by Jaba »

Thread Bear wrote:Hi 'tis I

Realized I did not know I needed a interior light for both the glove box and the estate real loading area. Might even be the same unit?

When you scrap the car are you taking wheels off it? Going through mine I have a right selection of bent and rusty ones. Walt was mint when my mate had him but I have no idea what he has been doing as only one rim is really worth sending off to be cleaned up! My own calamities have added to the Estates poor selection with an extra duff rim. So some reusable rims would be if interest in due course if feasable.
Did find one spare wheel with usable tyre in the shed. On checking Walts tyres they are all damaged in one way or another and not trustworthy in use. So the Estate now has a reasonable spare tyre again.
I will check out the interior lights to see if they are serviceable and that I have one in stock for myself.

I am keeping the wheels and have put spare scrap ones on the car ( these might be better than yours though, two are alloys). The originals are alloys with good tyres on to use as my other tyres in use wear out. After that they will be available.
Jaba
1K Away

Post by Jaba »

Pogo wrote:Need a boot light if there the same as a hatch?
Sorry NLA.
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

Jaba wrote:
thanks
Sorry I need to keep it so that the car is manoeuvrable.
Mole grips?

I'll have a look to see if I have a spare light for anyone who will be at the National.

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad