Breaking TD Estate

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Thread Bear
1K Away

Re: Breaking TD Estate

Post by Thread Bear »

Jaba wrote:
Thread Bear wrote:Hi 'tis I

When you scrap the car are you taking wheels off it? /quote]

I will check out the interior lights to see if they are serviceable and that I have one in stock for myself.

I am keeping the wheels and have put spare scrap ones on the car ( these might be better than yours though, two are alloys). The originals are alloys with good tyres on to use as my other tyres in use wear out. After that they will be available.
Did not notice they were alloys. Not the greatest fan of them on a daily car as wheels attract the dogs and that leads to corrosion on the bead joint and slow punctures with alloy wheels. The steel seems more resistant. So I will duck collecting alloys I think, thanks. Someone else might nibble. I did wonder if the Pug 405 used the same wheel but I have a sneaking suspicion they might be 1/2J wider as the Pug is heavier. There are 5 Pugs in Junky Haynes at the moment (no BX, so don't get excited at the back) and I know Rodney pretty well so normally get a reasonable deal. I was going to go over and take some common parts as I think the Pug 405 are finally mostly falling out of service. Good strong car, but without the BX bounce. Most of the engines have been played with and lost parts but there might be something of use on the rebuild if you get stuck.

Rob Viner is going to help me do cambelt and braces on his ramp. Good independent mechanic in Thrupp, Faringdon version, you might have come across him as he used to be a BX man. Good chance to check out other issues. We'll see how we go on rim looking. Hope to see you at Wickstead anyway.
Miguel - 16 TRS Auto S, light blue, 43k miles - £450
Pluto - 14 E S, White, 105k Miles - in work
Egbert - 19 16v Gti, White, A/C & Leather, - Keeper
Walt - 17 TZD Turbo S, graphite, 70k miles, good op extras - Keeper
Scraper- 17 TZD Turbo E, blue, 208k miles - parts
Homer - 19 TXD E, Red, 189k miles - £250
Gary - 17 TZD Turbo E, 118k miles - in work

'87 Trooper, Borgwards, Saabs, MG ZB, Bellamy Trials, Fiat Jolly & Bianchina, Goggo Dart, Messerschmitt, Heinkel, Bubblecars
Mike E (uk)
1K Away

Post by Mike E (uk) »

If you send Jaba your dog bitten wheel, he could swap them and still move the donor car about.
la BX 16 soupapes: sachez apprecier avec moderation.

It might be clever now, but it won't be in the morning!
benben10
Confirmed BX'er

Post by benben10 »

yeah i thought about that but then i cant get to work.... hmmm halfords aftermarket one?
Thread Bear
1K Away

Post by Thread Bear »

Change it at the weekend's rally and be the great attraction. =D> I already pulled Jaba's wheel off so that is loose. Cross his palm with silver.....
Miguel - 16 TRS Auto S, light blue, 43k miles - £450
Pluto - 14 E S, White, 105k Miles - in work
Egbert - 19 16v Gti, White, A/C & Leather, - Keeper
Walt - 17 TZD Turbo S, graphite, 70k miles, good op extras - Keeper
Scraper- 17 TZD Turbo E, blue, 208k miles - parts
Homer - 19 TXD E, Red, 189k miles - £250
Gary - 17 TZD Turbo E, 118k miles - in work

'87 Trooper, Borgwards, Saabs, MG ZB, Bellamy Trials, Fiat Jolly & Bianchina, Goggo Dart, Messerschmitt, Heinkel, Bubblecars
Caffiend
Reluctant BXpert

Post by Caffiend »

Jaba wrote:Yes , its a good one Sandre so I can be your spares bitch. Its no charge for services to the BXC.

(...) Will speak on Saturday.
Most kind, thank you so much :) (and sorry for the horribly delayed response, I missed that this thread went over onto a new page :oops: )

I'll sling a bit extra into the NEC pot in lieu then, if you're happy with that. As far as collection goes, will be at Stratford if you or someone in your geographical vicinity will also be there. Alternatively, I have friends/family in Wilts and am sure I can make a road trip via Didcot ... lemme see what we can do.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe
1991 TZD hatch (Triton Green)
1992 Hurricane
rutter123
Over 2k
My Cars: 90 Bx Tzd turbo ven red 295k
74 D Super 5 black
05 Volvo V50 2.0d 180k
65 Peugeot Boxer work van 280k

Post by rutter123 »

hi, i would like the rubber flexi air intake hose, as you look at the engine its to the left and fits between the 2 plastic pipes just above the top engine mount. if its not split. and possibly part of the o/s/f chassis member
90 BX Tzd turbo 294k SORN undergoing major surgery
90 BX Tzd turbo estate 46k awaiting surgery
65 Peugeot Boxer Van the new workhorse
52 Toyota Rav4 180k Bulletproof Jap reliability
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Post by Jaba »

benben10 wrote:yeah i thought about that but then i cant get to work.... hmmm halfords aftermarket one?
Are you coming to the National on Saturday ? If so we can do a wheel swap there.
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
Jaba
1K Away

Post by Jaba »

rutter123 wrote:hi, i would like the rubber flexi air intake hose, as you look at the engine its to the left and fits between the 2 plastic pipes just above the top engine mount. if its not split. and possibly part of the o/s/f chassis member
Sorry the hose is not a good one as its split already and bandaged up with ductape.
Not sure what chassis part you need. Bear in mind I want to keep the car's mobility unaffected up to cubing time.
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
Jaba
1K Away

Post by Jaba »

Caffiend wrote:
Jaba wrote:Yes , its a good one Sandre so I can be your spares bitch. Its no charge for services to the BXC.

(...) Will speak on Saturday.
Most kind, thank you so much :) (and sorry for the horribly delayed response, I missed that this thread went over onto a new page :oops: )

I'll sling a bit extra into the NEC pot in lieu then, if you're happy with that. As far as collection goes, will be at Stratford if you or someone in your geographical vicinity will also be there. Alternatively, I have friends/family in Wilts and am sure I can make a road trip via Didcot ... lemme see what we can do.
News,good and bad.
Sandre I have removed the RHF wing and will have it on Saturday. It will be for EXCHANGE only with your damaged wing so that my scrappers will be happy that, as stipulated, it is is a complete car.
So I hope we will be able to do the remove/replace at Wicksteed.
Jaba
1K Away

Post by Jaba »

Caffiend wrote:
I'll sling a bit extra into the NEC pot in lieu then, if you're happy with that.
There is no need to do that. You are doing more than enough as NEC organiser so I think that there is no need for you to finance it as well.
Caffiend
Reluctant BXpert

Post by Caffiend »

Fabulous, thanks J - of course, presumed you would need the damaged wing - will take Tim up on his kind offer of replacement, and get in the way watching ;P
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe
1991 TZD hatch (Triton Green)
1992 Hurricane
rutter123
Over 2k
My Cars: 90 Bx Tzd turbo ven red 295k
74 D Super 5 black
05 Volvo V50 2.0d 180k
65 Peugeot Boxer work van 280k

Post by rutter123 »

hi jaba i will need approx the first 6 inches of the o/s/f corner inc chassis rail.
90 BX Tzd turbo 294k SORN undergoing major surgery
90 BX Tzd turbo estate 46k awaiting surgery
65 Peugeot Boxer Van the new workhorse
52 Toyota Rav4 180k Bulletproof Jap reliability
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Good to see you today John, new wing fitted!
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....