GRX gets a ticket

Anything about BXs
Thread Bear
1K Away

Re: GRX gets a ticket

Post by Thread Bear »

More Pixies. After attempting a botch and go on the BX it has now included a water leak from the radiator in its menu of maladies. So that just ain't happening today.

Then I have just spent an hour attempting to get mobile phones to work. You've guessed it, all to cock as well. More modern technology that seems totally unreliable. I hope everyone else is having a good weekend as mines been crap so far.

So my new buddies Mat Fenwick and Niel from Scotland will be wondering where the hell I am, my money is, and why they bothered taking stuff to Kettering for me, and there is sod all I can do about it. I am not normally this unlucky with stuff but the last month has been appalling. If anyone sees this in time and can contact Matt I would be very greatfull, but I do not want to broadcast his number without permission.
Miguel - 16 TRS Auto S, light blue, 43k miles - £450
Pluto - 14 E S, White, 105k Miles - in work
Egbert - 19 16v Gti, White, A/C & Leather, - Keeper
Walt - 17 TZD Turbo S, graphite, 70k miles, good op extras - Keeper
Scraper- 17 TZD Turbo E, blue, 208k miles - parts
Homer - 19 TXD E, Red, 189k miles - £250
Gary - 17 TZD Turbo E, 118k miles - in work

'87 Trooper, Borgwards, Saabs, MG ZB, Bellamy Trials, Fiat Jolly & Bianchina, Goggo Dart, Messerschmitt, Heinkel, Bubblecars
Tinkley
1K Away

Post by Tinkley »

I had a problem a few years back with a couple of the T pipe connectors failing on the return circuit. Cause was a low accumulator sphere. I reckon people change the other 4 and sort of ignore the fifth as it is not so obvious. However it is just as important as the others for the health of the system. You are correct in suspecting it, a good Citroen techie like Malcolm would pick this one up for certain. So worth checking/changing/regassing.

As a non mobile phone owner - yes there are still a few of us, may I wish you luck sorting yours out. May the gremlins begone and let the BX rise again like a well behaved phoenix.
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

Ah. That explains things. I spent my whole time at the show looking out for a person with two heads as per your avatar,but with no joy.

Not to worry, I gave it to Caffiend in case you turned up later, and she said she would bring it to Stratford if you hadn't collected it.

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
Thread Bear
1K Away

Post by Thread Bear »

Yes I need to re-focus. I confess to having an afternoon doing something else, being hacked off with cars and associated activity. Unlike me.

Stratford look possible and is not to far away either. I have a month to resolve issues on three vehicles giving me a chance to get there!

There are lady BXers? Bit different from microcars then. 99% male occupation.
Miguel - 16 TRS Auto S, light blue, 43k miles - £450
Pluto - 14 E S, White, 105k Miles - in work
Egbert - 19 16v Gti, White, A/C & Leather, - Keeper
Walt - 17 TZD Turbo S, graphite, 70k miles, good op extras - Keeper
Scraper- 17 TZD Turbo E, blue, 208k miles - parts
Homer - 19 TXD E, Red, 189k miles - £250
Gary - 17 TZD Turbo E, 118k miles - in work

'87 Trooper, Borgwards, Saabs, MG ZB, Bellamy Trials, Fiat Jolly & Bianchina, Goggo Dart, Messerschmitt, Heinkel, Bubblecars
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

Thread Bear wrote:There are lady BXers? Bit different from microcars then. 99% male occupation.
There are indeed! I can think of 4 or 5 present this weekend, although still in the minority.

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad