Brakes & how they feel.

BX Tech talk
Geoffrey Gould
BXpert

Brakes & how they feel.

Post by Geoffrey Gould »

Hi. This is something that crops up now and then, its to do with the difference in brake pedal feel. Some have almost no travel and they are what I would call typical BX brakes, sharp and responsive while others have more travel, are softer and feel more like conventional brakes.
Like Citroen in there "wisdom" have made the Xantia pedal.
I think I may have found the reason. I have two pedal boxes from scrappers, one has a tin button welded to the pedal with a plunger which presses on the doeser valve, the spring is a rubber block.
The other has a pedal with a threaded hole that a plunger screws into, it has a hexigon on it and is a proper job. The difference being that the tin plunger can be compressed with the fingers and feels very hit and miss as regards the pressure it needs to compress, the other one is totally different, harder to compress and compresses the same each time.
It feels as if it has a propper spring in it, I am not going to take it to pieces because its going into my car. Ive never seen one like it before.
I do have some pictures, they will need resizeing if I can work out how to send them, havnt had any luck so far.
Cheers
Geoff.
Last edited by Geoffrey Gould on Mon May 15, 2006 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
AlanS
BXpert

Post by AlanS »

If you dump them on one of these, you can either link to them or post them.

http://www.clipshack.com/ClipList.aspx?accmode=3

Alan S
By the time you're old enough to know it all, you can't remember why you were learning.
Geoffrey Gould
BXpert

Photo's

Post by Geoffrey Gould »

Thank you Alan I am affraid it's beond my capability to sort this out. Iv'e got them on something called photobucket.
http://s55.photobucket.com/albums/g127/Geoff5/
Getting tired and confused so packing it in for tonight.
Cheers.
Geoff.
Geoffrey Gould
BXpert

Post by Geoffrey Gould »

OK learning all the time got it!!
Tin button type 001,002,003,004,008,015,014.

Propper Job. 012,013 with broken clutch cable bracket.010,009,007,006,005.
011 broken bracket.

Or something like that, goodnight chaps I am off to bed.
Cheers.
Geoff.