Decision?

Anything about BXs
B-Hive
BXpert

Decision?

Post by B-Hive »

As my fleet continues to grow, it comes down to decisions of what to keep what to let go etc..

Recently I put the Tri and GT on the market for NTN..I had many responses , but few actual takers, except one fellow who wanted and paid for both....yay!!...He has yet to finalise the transaction by collecting the cars.

Recent info from him says he will take almost another 8 weeks to collect. My feeling is that its all just too much for him being 5000km away and he will ultimately walk away from the deal..Its already been 2 weeks..

Thinking, should refund him or should I hold out indefinatley?....

Reason being that I have decided I will take the GT off the road in a month after rego runs out, and restore her as this model is so exceptionally rare especially here..

So win win...

If buyer wants to hold the deal, I will tell him 6 weeks...or else he forfeits the sale..

Am I being unreasonable??

It all comes down to pocket change really...and I don't like to be messed around...
Current
85 BX GT Mk1..
86 BX TRS Mk1
87 BX TRi

Gone
85 BX TRS mk1 auto... SOLD
90 BX TRi..parts....cubed
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Re: Decision?

Post by Tim Leech »

If he hasnt collected but has paid then more fool him, I wouldnt offer him a refund, tell him if he doesnt collect by the 8 weeks then you will readvertise them etc.

10 weeks to collect is taking the pi*s, I Insist on collection within a week but he has paid in full so you have nothing to loose.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

8 weeks to collect, if he's paid you in full, then fair enough, but if its only a deposit i'd tell him to collect in 2wks as an absolute max otherwise you'll re-adveritse them & if they sell he's lost his deposit.
2002 C5 2.0 HDI Estate - Jasmine - Now SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - My daily
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired.
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

I'm not just a username, i'm also called Matthew.
Thread Bear
1K Away

Post by Thread Bear »

Surely this comes down to what the original agreement, if any, was over collection. There are many folk who think buying means they can leave stuff indefinitely where it was bought from and do not negotiate terms. The very issue I had with being unable to collect the Blackpool car when the van died. Therefore I had to bite the bullet and get it uplifted by other means. Not ideal but it could not stay where it was. If this is where you are then you have every right to introduce a time limit and thereafter charge storage.
Selling the cars off might be iffy. Technically they are not yours anymore. However you can just shove them outside the gate, into the street, where they take their chances if there is no agreement of care. I have done this in the passed. Proves most effective normally.
A refund is hard to argue with but then you have to resell.
In the UK you can charge storage and gain a lean after 6 months to sell the car, retain your out of pocket expenses and forward the balance remaining, if any. Funny, there usually is not. After a year the car reverts to you be default. Unless they have changed the rules. I have had to both things to chumps who wanted it both ways. Just done it with a Merc 280 CE that had sat in my front garden for 5 years, bought for £3,250! Storage was only £750 as it turned out. They lost.
Miguel - 16 TRS Auto S, light blue, 43k miles - £450
Pluto - 14 E S, White, 105k Miles - in work
Egbert - 19 16v Gti, White, A/C & Leather, - Keeper
Walt - 17 TZD Turbo S, graphite, 70k miles, good op extras - Keeper
Scraper- 17 TZD Turbo E, blue, 208k miles - parts
Homer - 19 TXD E, Red, 189k miles - £250
Gary - 17 TZD Turbo E, 118k miles - in work

'87 Trooper, Borgwards, Saabs, MG ZB, Bellamy Trials, Fiat Jolly & Bianchina, Goggo Dart, Messerschmitt, Heinkel, Bubblecars