Wanted: Black glovebox lid (even if hinges broken)

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
TheOtter

Wanted: Black glovebox lid (even if hinges broken)

Post by TheOtter »

Hi all, first post here after lurking for a couple of months - don't like to make my first posts about wanting things, but I still have much to learn about BXs before I can be helpful to anyone/join in technical discussions!

Basically just wondering if anyone has a spare black glovebox lid that'd fit a '93 TXD that they'd be willing to part with, as the one in my car is grey (rest of interior is black) and only on one hinge. I don't mind if the hinges are broken as I'd be happy to make up a more sturdy hinge system as no doubt I'd soon enough end up breaking any intact hinges anyway! It's just about the only thing letting the interior down and it stands out so badly.

Cheers

Sven
RxBX
Over 2k

Re: Wanted: Black glovebox lid (even if hinges broken)

Post by RxBX »

Hi Sven and welcome to the BXC forum !

PM sent re:- Black glove-box cover !

:D

Caffiend
Reluctant BXpert

Post by Caffiend »

I thought I recognised that car ... (the one on the right of the 1st picture, I think?) /RxBx ;P

Welcome Sven :) - hope you're enjoying BX-ing
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe
1991 TZD hatch (Triton Green)
1992 Hurricane
TheOtter

Post by TheOtter »

Caffiend wrote:I thought I recognised that car ... (the one on the right of the 1st picture, I think?) /RxBx ;P

Welcome Sven :) - hope you're enjoying BX-ing
Thanks for the welcome!

Ahh yes, I bought the car off Willy at the start of June, I've yet to start driving it on the road as I've been waiting for insurance/tax to run out on my Mini. Everything is set and ready for me to start driving the BX from tomorrow (Aug 1st) and I'm looking forward to it! I've had plenty of time now to fix most of the little niggly things that were wrong with the car, now fingers crossed I don't need to do much to the mechanicals when I start using it daily :D

I'll also add that I have now purchased/received and fitted a glovebox lid from RxBX, so I now have a working glovebox lid that matches the rest of the interior! :)