BX Register

Anything about BXs
Stinkwheel
1K Away

BX Register

Post by Stinkwheel »

Hello Folks,

Ive noticed that ther has been talk from time to time here of the old BX register run through the CCC and also comments it might be good to run one through BXC maybe.

I may regret saying this but.........

I think i would be able to take on that role, if BXC needed someone to collate it all and keep it updated. Im happy to do just that.
Is there any mileage in this idea? Your thoughts greatly welcomed.
Doctor Of Gonzo Journalism!!!
93 BX TZD Estate
90 BX 14TE St Tropez
93 BX 19 TXD Estate
92 BX 16TXi
77 Ami 8 Break
79 Acadiane
81 Dyane6
84 2CV6
85 GSA saloon rally car
To slightly mis-quote Kitch ... "BX 14. They're just brilliant!"
citsncycles
Over 2k

Re: BX Register

Post by citsncycles »

Glad you mentioned it before I did! :lol:

I think a register is a great idea - There does seem to be an increasing number of 'are there any others like mine' questions coming up, along with others such as 'anyone near me have a whatever I can look at to see how mine should go together.

What format are you thinking of using? My first thoughts on it were a simple spreadsheet, but then wondered if we could take advantage of our internet based nature by having something on line, with perhaps a facility for pictures of cars to be uploaded.

It also has to be decided what a register would be used for. Personally I think it could be used as a resource to show (where available) how BX's developed over the years to help those who are restoring cars and want to get them to the correct spec.
Mike Sims
BX 19RD Estate Mk1 - Timex!
BX 4X4 Estate - Oh god, I've done it again!
BX 17RD MK1 - it called to me!
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

I think its a cracking idea. Love to also do it but bit difficult at home at the moment.

Andy
Stinkwheel
1K Away

Post by Stinkwheel »

Well, to be honest....

I was just thinking a simple spreadsheet, as its easiest, but if some internet based open to all info source is available to us, then why not.

If open access though it would have to have no personal details of the owners visible (address etc)

As for the uses, well, i would think as mentioed that owners wishing to know about numbers known about or local cars for comparisons or questions.
Lastly, just interest of how many are about full stop, it would be nice to try and keep it well updated and therefore have some real honest figures for in use and resting BX's within the BXC or maybe even CCC numbers.
93 BX TZD Estate
90 BX 14TE St Tropez
93 BX 19 TXD Estate
92 BX 16TXi
77 Ami 8 Break
79 Acadiane
81 Dyane6
84 2CV6
85 GSA saloon rally car
Paul296
Over 2k
My Cars: Citroen BX 17 TZD Hurricane
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

I think it's a great idea! Ray Fenwick is currently working a new all singing all dancing BXC website. It would be great if a register could be part of that? It'd be a great resource.
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

Your point about owner details is a good one. Maybe a 'live' spreadsheet with whatever details people can give on it, with an abridged version uploaded to the site say every quarter? That way details of number surviving etc. is open to all, then any member with a specific query can then ask for further details.
Mike Sims
BX 19RD Estate Mk1 - Timex!
BX 4X4 Estate - Oh god, I've done it again!
BX 17RD MK1 - it called to me!
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Post by Jaba »

Great idea. We could track buying and selling prices too.
You can do online spreadsheets in Google docs that could be accessible to all members.
You can put pics into spreadsheets but I am not sure if googledocs support this.
We could set up a BXClub gmail account and use that. That way we could have a couple of admins to keep it up to date which would share the responsibilities.

If this idea gains favour then I would be more than happy to assist. I like doing pretty spreadsheets !
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
Paul296
Over 2k
My Cars: Citroen BX 17 TZD Hurricane
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

Jaba wrote:We could set up a BXClub gmail account
Er . . . I think we've already got one of these? :shock:
Caffiend
Reluctant BXpert

Post by Caffiend »

Jaba wrote:Great idea. We could track buying and selling prices too.
You can do online spreadsheets in Google docs that could be accessible to all members.
You can put pics into spreadsheets but I am not sure if googledocs support this.
We could set up a BXClub gmail account and use that. That way we could have a couple of admins to keep it up to date which would share the responsibilities.

If this idea gains favour then I would be more than happy to assist. I like doing pretty spreadsheets !
+1 on Google docs, a good start IMO. It will let you insert pictures, but it's a bit clunky - there's almost certainly a way we could set up something similar on the website that would work more nicely. And yes, we do have a BX Club gmail account - bxclubuk(at)gmail.com (replace (at) with @ and remove spaces, typed that way to reduce spam risk ;P).
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe
1991 TZD hatch (Triton Green)
1992 Hurricane
mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

I like Spam. Especially as fritters.
Mark Smith

Is it just me or is everything shit?

1989 BX GTi 16 valve. Blanc Alpine. Completed the Citroen Classic Challenge Ecosse and 1337 miles without a hitch.
2000 XM VSX 2.1 td Auto. Rouge Magenta.
TGD saloon many years ago.

1990 Swift 'Corniche' 12/2 aka BXClub HQ.
Honda Firestorm. Gone, but not forgotten.
2015 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC.
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

Beans and spam.
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
Stinkwheel
1K Away

Post by Stinkwheel »

Spam Spam Spam and Spam.

I know little of google docs, but would be willing to learn if required :)
93 BX TZD Estate
90 BX 14TE St Tropez
93 BX 19 TXD Estate
92 BX 16TXi
77 Ami 8 Break
79 Acadiane
81 Dyane6
84 2CV6
85 GSA saloon rally car
citronut
Over 2k

Post by citronut »

maybe it would be possible to attach the current market value guide to the register as well,

regards malcolm
curent ride
K reg BX 17TD TZD est
also own
K reg D special

no longer have
H reg CX saffari 2.5 TRI (now gone to Malaysia)
R reg xantia 1.9TD est (gone to meet its maker)
Thread Bear
1K Away

Post by Thread Bear »

Oh, I like this forum! Its at the beginning of things as the cars are only now becoming of interest to anyone but those who always liked them. So a Register is a group thing without any scary overtones that creep in when stuff gets valuable. For the problem is when that happens, if it does happen, the Register becomes a valuable asset worth selfish folk getting access to for profit.

Here at the beginning it is an innocent collection of facts to help restorers, insurance info and keep a check on DVLA, who insist on getting V5's incorrect. Registers are useful in many ways. Without being intrusive they can add to club activities by dropping info to 'lost' cars to bring them back into participation. Etc Etc. A monitoring of values will depend on those managing the resource as it is extra work and I am not sure specific values should be broadcast, but rather a general value. So if I advertise a car, for instance, I do not really want the price I bought it for etc. immediately broadcast. Values can never be more than opinions, the better informed, the more believable. I can take little exception to a generalized value from those who are likely to know best. As the Microcar experience has proved, if rich folk want to pay £50k for stuff previously £20k, then that is the new price, even if its bonkers. Value and worth are two different things, of course. The Microcar scene is aging and suffers the negatives of things I mention above, not least due to higher values.

So my advice is to be slightly conservative in what information is specifically available so as to not become arbiter in heated debate that might occur (probably some years away). Then suddenly its not fun anymore. Also be aware it will be a valuable resource and will need a level of security in line with the desirability of the cars, as I say not a biggy at the moment, but it might be. Besides the long term work of those who build the info resource should be respected, and protected, as it grows.
Miguel - 16 TRS Auto S, light blue, 43k miles - £450
Pluto - 14 E S, White, 105k Miles - in work
Egbert - 19 16v Gti, White, A/C & Leather, - Keeper
Walt - 17 TZD Turbo S, graphite, 70k miles, good op extras - Keeper
Scraper- 17 TZD Turbo E, blue, 208k miles - parts
Homer - 19 TXD E, Red, 189k miles - £250
Gary - 17 TZD Turbo E, 118k miles - in work

'87 Trooper, Borgwards, Saabs, MG ZB, Bellamy Trials, Fiat Jolly & Bianchina, Goggo Dart, Messerschmitt, Heinkel, Bubblecars
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

There used to be a CCC BX register, but that faded away when the two people who ran it stopped being members and just disappeared!

I think its a good idea.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....