for sale.... TGD hatch

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
patersom10
BXpert

for sale.... TGD hatch

Post by patersom10 »

guys,

Im parting with my Grey BX17 TGD (non turbo)

has 86,500 miles - had service, cambelt before I purchased it at the start of the year 80K

link to youtube for previous owner, when I purchased it. it hasnt changed, only used it to run up and down the M1.
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

it has 5 months tax and will put new MOT on it.

open to offers, PM if interested.

only selling as fancy a change... FYI Valver may also be going very soon.....
93 ZX Volcane TD
03 Xsara VTR - HDI (remapped to 140bhp)

92 BX 16v phase 2 - now sold
93 BX 17TGD - now sold
patersom10
BXpert

Re: for sale.... TGD hatch

Post by patersom10 »

pic
Attachments
car small.jpg
93 ZX Volcane TD

93 BX 17TGD - now sold
patersom10
BXpert

Post by patersom10 »

£475 buys it
93 ZX Volcane TD

93 BX 17TGD - now sold
patersom10
BXpert

Post by patersom10 »

looks like its off to the bay then!
93 ZX Volcane TD

93 BX 17TGD - now sold
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

As always I think this is a perfectly good car for the price, but most of us have more than enough motors already!
Mike Sims
BX 19RD Estate Mk1 - Timex!
BX 4X4 Estate - Oh god, I've done it again!
BX 17RD MK1 - it called to me!
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Nice mileage, unfortunatly 1.7D non turbos arent that popular, especially without power steering.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

I must admit I'd never heard of a 17TGD, so I had a quick look on how many left which says there's 11 on the road!
Mike Sims
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
Stinkwheel
1K Away

Post by Stinkwheel »

citsncycles wrote:I must admit I'd never heard of a 17TGD, so I had a quick look on how many left which says there's 11 on the road!

The only issue i have with that 'how many left' website is that its wholly inaccurate.
When i looked at dyanes and CX's a while back i found i personally knew of more than they were claiming were left. Therefore i dont trust it :mrgreen:
Doctor Of Gonzo Journalism!!!
93 BX TZD Estate
90 BX 14TE St Tropez
93 BX 19 TXD Estate
92 BX 16TXi
77 Ami 8 Break
79 Acadiane
81 Dyane6
84 2CV6
85 GSA saloon rally car
To slightly mis-quote Kitch ... "BX 14. They're just brilliant!"
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

It's all down to 2 things - what the logbook says, and if it's off the road, how long has it been off the road for! I have several vehicles that have been off the road for long enough to not need SORNing, one of which has been off the road for longer than I've been alive! none of these will show on the website as they don't meet the criteria. It's also well known on this forum that many 14TGE's are registered as RE's - it may be that many 17TGD's are similarly registered as RD's (although I don't think there's many more of those about).
Mike Sims
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

A 17TGD Mike is basically a 14TGE with a 1.7D engine, so no tacho, sunroof, power steering etc,
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
patersom10
BXpert

Post by patersom10 »

sure its a little heavy parking and its no springbok off the line but it does what it needs to well

will put on ebay tonight and take some more pictures,

would like the valver gone by the end of the month also, 3 months tax and 10 months Mot (full service, cambelt, front and rear pads, hydraulic belt all changed within the last 8 months.

have only drove it two days since mot, just havnt had the time. car is in storage in Luton, can be viewed from next week. open to sensible offers.
93 ZX Volcane TD

93 BX 17TGD - now sold
patersom10
BXpert

Post by patersom10 »

Now on eBay
93 ZX Volcane TD

93 BX 17TGD - now sold
Thread Bear
1K Away

Post by Thread Bear »

citsncycles wrote:It's all down to 2 things - what the logbook says, and if it's off the road, how long has it been off the road for! I have several vehicles that have been off the road for long enough to not need SORNing, one of which has been off the road for longer than I've been alive! none of these will show on the website as they don't meet the criteria. It's also well known on this forum that many 14TGE's are registered as RE's - it may be that many 17TGD's are similarly registered as RD's (although I don't think there's many more of those about).
It serves to show how inaccurate DVLA records are. [-X

They are inconsistent with recording make and models, relying on point of sale information despite all the fuss if you have a non manufacturer car - so how does that work? Turn up with a rebuilt Davrian or something, big fuss. Citroen BX model never made, that is no problem, sir. Add in their own errors, like I have two Heinkel bubblecars registered as Rear Digger. WTF? does that mean? The fact is a large proportion of V5s issued carry incorrect information :shock:. The system dodges this by proudly displaying the words 'This document is not proof of ownership'. Just what you need when talking to a Gendarme in the rain in rural France when he wants to see all your paperwork. He might not speak English but the one phrase he will understand is the car is not known to be yours [-o< .

Of course what this number of cars on the road etc stuff is about is to pretend that DVLA are making information available, but tellingly the system is based on two principles. Chassis numbers, information about which they do not share, and tax and fines revenue streams by having a name attached to each chassis and the registration number rented to that chassis number to where the bill is sent. You cannot be a registered keeper with a registered home address abroad :? .

Interestingly the Insurers pay to access the chassis numbers, which you cannot, and in most cases this is what the base their quotes on, though for ease they will quote you back the reg number. One difference in a normal policy and a classic car policy as while in both cases you are responsible for giving them all pertinent factual information, on the classics they cannot always double check it. It is therefore actually worth creating a small history file for obscure cars to send in as a noted additional sheet of the application. They then cannot deny having had it later, nor as easily wriggle out of a claim by stating you had not informed them of the risk. Here lays the danger of MOT free motoring. The insurer can check the car, find a defect, say this is an unknown and advised risk voiding the policy. Could they do this on incorrectly registered cars? Currently not, but do not ignore the factor. Its certainly a problem with grey imports.

Back to DVLA. These inaccurate records are what the Government bases its policy on. Should we be worried its so inaccurate? Does it reflect a general level of acceptable inaccuracy in the civil administration? If so you can see a very good reason why we are in a bit of a pickle. Either that or there a lot of hovercars registered I have not seen cruising over the pot holes of Britain :roll: .

I would assume that the 1.7 n/a diesel is going to be the best MPG BX of all. I actually went after one as the back up before ever rejoining the forum. It obviously came to nothing as I do not own it. Till I saw it for sale I did not such a model existed. Unfortunately while I liked the price I an BXed out at the moment. Hope you get a tickle on eBay and not a time waster as I so often find.
Miguel - 16 TRS Auto S, light blue, 43k miles - £450
Pluto - 14 E S, White, 105k Miles - in work
Egbert - 19 16v Gti, White, A/C & Leather, - Keeper
Walt - 17 TZD Turbo S, graphite, 70k miles, good op extras - Keeper
Scraper- 17 TZD Turbo E, blue, 208k miles - parts
Homer - 19 TXD E, Red, 189k miles - £250
Gary - 17 TZD Turbo E, 118k miles - in work

'87 Trooper, Borgwards, Saabs, MG ZB, Bellamy Trials, Fiat Jolly & Bianchina, Goggo Dart, Messerschmitt, Heinkel, Bubblecars
patersom10
BXpert

Post by patersom10 »

so it failed the MOT,

needs new exhaust and has a twisted brake cable.

if anyone wants to save it from the scrap man txt me on 07595654780

I dont have the time to fix it myself and not paying out on it..... many good bits
93 ZX Volcane TD

93 BX 17TGD - now sold