Ripping Yarns Wanted

Anything about BXs
Mike P
BXpert

Post by Mike P »

Picture of my Bx16v P1 (and Kitchs P2 in the background) whilst being filmed at Santa Pod for Men & Motor's Used Car Roadshow last Sunday :D :
Mike P.
"F" White Phase 1 16V: 62K miles & seen on TV
"E" Grey Phase 1 16V: Long term project in bits
M

Post by M »

Nice - do you know when the prog will be on?

Numpty Q time - whats the difference between a Ph1 and Ph2 GTi? I thought one was a Mk1 (with smaller indicator lamps and so on) Obvioulsy Im wrong here - so somebody put a dieselphile out of his misery please...
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

jonkw wrote:noononoo
no doubt a 16v owner will be along soon and add something.
nope nothing to add here!
Mike P
BXpert

Post by Mike P »

The program will be on during July, either the 2nd or 4th show of the series. Will let people know once Kitch and I are told exactly.
As Jon has already described, this is what a Phase 2 Bx16v looks like. Compare and contrast to my Phase1 in the prior picture:
Mike P.
"F" White Phase 1 16V: 62K miles & seen on TV
"E" Grey Phase 1 16V: Long term project in bits
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

jonkw: Yeah pretty much.

1987: Obviously a mk2 car, the BX GTi 16v (ph1) was launched, with skirts and arch spats over the GTi, plus wider versions of the silver speedlines. Had stripey Monza interior. XU9J4 (D6C) engine with 160bhp and no cat.

1989: The ph2 is launched, and the "GTi" bit dropped. So its now just Bx 16v. Has the big bumpers, wrap around rear spoiler and side vents. Also has a black oval tailpipe. Earlier cars had Monza interior, then 1991 onwards mainly had Le Mans, the later type. Same engine and no cat.

1992: BX 16v gets a cat (booooo!). Becomes the DFW instead of D6C, power down to 148bhp roughly, with different management.

1993: BX 16v dropped....XU9J4 too hard to squeeze through new emissions laws and BX range dropped.
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)