steering wheel

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
marcdublin37
Confirmed BX'er

steering wheel

Post by marcdublin37 »

Looking to replace steering wheel in my 16v, I know it not everyone's idea of something to do, I am looking something different but require a boss kit, is there any other bosses that fit. Haven't picked wheel yet. Cheers
Way2go
Over 2k

Re: steering wheel

Post by Way2go »

There were some genuine alternative Citroen BX leather/ally steering wheels and bosses in the accessory catalogue for the BX. Maybe a ring round of the older dealers may turn one up from some dark corner of their stores? :?

MDC can probably quote you for something non-genuine that would fit. :)
1991 BX19GTi Auto
Stinkwheel
1K Away

Post by Stinkwheel »

Have a look at this.........

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Astrali-NOS-S ... 232eefa5e8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Doctor Of Gonzo Journalism!!!
93 BX TZD Estate
90 BX 14TE St Tropez
93 BX 19 TXD Estate
92 BX 16TXi
77 Ami 8 Break
79 Acadiane
81 Dyane6
84 2CV6
85 GSA saloon rally car
To slightly mis-quote Kitch ... "BX 14. They're just brilliant!"
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

Hi Marc,
If your not going ahead with S/W suggestion /\ ?

I don't know if this offer is still available (But worth a PM) as it may have got taken by 'Modstox257' as in THIS thread ?
RxBX wrote:
Modstox257 wrote:Dose anybody know where I could get a steering wheel boss for a 92' BX
'HZman' has a Three spoke steering wheel for the price of postage, you'll need to send him a PM to see if its inclusive of the boss ?
HZman wrote:Now sitting in my garage (the car, not me!) awaiting starter motor that works, after bump-starting to get it here (it was fine when I viewed it). Unfortunately couldn't find the spears previously referred to in various posts.
The £200 mentioned to restore the vehicle to almost concourse condition is slightly optimistic. I had viewed it the day before buying and marvelled at the way the photos had by-passed the ding in the offside wing - although, to be fair, it was mentioned by the guy I bought it off and the previous 'proper' owner (Gavin on the posts but Graham on the registration document) I located 2 red wings before buying - and a steering wheel for those who seem distressed about the one fitted (free to anyone that wants it - not including postage!).
The steering wheel maybe exactly what your looking for without any further need for sourcing one of those too ? :lol:

Click on the Photo to the thread of 'HZman's' quote /\ :wink:
Good luck !

:)

JayW
1K Away

Post by JayW »

Mountney do a boss for the BX, a net search should turn one up.
I have zero patience for your tedium.
marcdublin37
Confirmed BX'er

Post by marcdublin37 »

Cheers found a couple of ideas, like the 3 spoke shown cheers