Battle of Britain meet

Here members post meetings, events, meet ups and the like
Thread Bear
1K Away

Battle of Britain meet

Post by Thread Bear »

The R100 was Barnes Wallis who would rank with Mitchell. The R101 was a bit of a committee to disaster. All got political and in fighting. That dragged R100 in as well and unfortunately the resulting muck up, and the Hindenburg's very public conflagration, snaffled what still has some potential as a means to move loads by air using less fuel. Interesting subject coming in there.

Pity about Lee, beg its pardon on spelling. Of course here we get Fairford which is a bit of a big do these days. With Brize just up the road its an interesting few weeks with all sorts around. This year we had, I think, a Super Constellation doing circuits (triple tail fins). Beautiful and the engines sounded gorgeous.

Could organise to go and see Battle of Britain flight from a base camping site and museum of chums at Langrick more towards Boston if enough folk were interested. Not big enough for CCC but BXclub and like minded idiots would fit. Mike still has BX, I think. Also a great run to go and tour Bateman's Brewery within staggering distance of Skegness. I could see that being popular with certain individuals. Doobrey's CX Garage was just up the road but he seems to be into Sandwich Vans now.
Miguel - 16 TRS Auto S, light blue, 43k miles - £450
Pluto - 14 E S, White, 105k Miles - in work
Egbert - 19 16v Gti, White, A/C & Leather, - Keeper
Walt - 17 TZD Turbo S, graphite, 70k miles, good op extras - Keeper
Scraper- 17 TZD Turbo E, blue, 208k miles - parts
Homer - 19 TXD E, Red, 189k miles - £250
Gary - 17 TZD Turbo E, 118k miles - in work

'87 Trooper, Borgwards, Saabs, MG ZB, Bellamy Trials, Fiat Jolly & Bianchina, Goggo Dart, Messerschmitt, Heinkel, Bubblecars
Stinkwheel
1K Away

Re: hello

Post by Stinkwheel »

Thread Bear wrote: Could organise to go and see Battle of Britain flight from a base camping site and museum of chums at Langrick more towards Boston if enough folk were interested. Not big enough for CCC but BXclub and like minded idiots would fit. Mike still has BX, I think. Also a great run to go and tour Bateman's Brewery within staggering distance of Skegness. I could see that being popular with certain individuals. Doobrey's CX Garage was just up the road but he seems to be into Sandwich Vans now.

This sound like a VERY good idea !!!
Doctor Of Gonzo Journalism!!!
93 BX TZD Estate
90 BX 14TE St Tropez
93 BX 19 TXD Estate
92 BX 16TXi
77 Ami 8 Break
79 Acadiane
81 Dyane6
84 2CV6
85 GSA saloon rally car
To slightly mis-quote Kitch ... "BX 14. They're just brilliant!"
Thread Bear
1K Away

Re: hello

Post by Thread Bear »

Well I can certainly get some potential dates next year. It is probably a bit late this one as the Battle Of Britain flight clearly need to be mainly in residence or its not worth going there if the planes are elsewhere. Bateman's should be easier to cope with. Got a bar/cafe there and a meal can be laid on or not as suits folks. Perhaps a poll might offer a show of interest as the venue is very East of Midlands. Now there should be a way of doing that but I do not see it. Also perhaps it should be under events rather than highjacking this thread.

'87 Trooper, Borgwards, Saabs, MG ZB, Bellamy Trials, Fiat Jolly & Bianchina, Goggo Dart, Messerschmitt, Heinkel, Bubblecars
mat_fenwick

Re: Battle of Britain meet

Post by mat_fenwick »

Now split and moved - you should be able to edit the initial post to add possible dates and a poll if you so wish.

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
Thread Bear
1K Away

Re: Battle of Britain meet

Post by Thread Bear »

Thank you. I will check for green light first rather than waste folks time.