my bx project is now running superbly beautiful!

Anything about BXs
richie
Confirmed BX'er

my bx project is now running superbly beautiful!

Post by richie »

just thought id share this with you good peoples!
after months of trying to find a tzd i ended up finding an white 1.7 tzd estate from this great little bx forum!
i hope he dont mind me saying but i managed to do a very reasonable (actually very decent) deal with a geezer off this forum called ben.
i bought a very good condition k reg version although i initially wanted a 5 door hatch as they do look abit better. foglights spoilers etc.
anyway, very rare to get one in any decent non ''welding needing'' condition! then this one popped up that need a few jobs so i went and bought it.
jobs needed as follows-
it needed some welding onto the accelerator pedal as the pedal was hitting the floor without being pressed and car was plodding along so turbo wasnt really being used.
its also needed some bulbs in all the awkward places like dashboard and heater controls so you could see what you was doing in the dark!
there was no igintion as you had to turn the car on and push button start the car under the bonnet via a switch and then give it some manual throttle!!!
it also need a new anti roll bar link but the kind gent i bought it off supplied me with one.
a new fuel filter was also done as thats always a good idea.
ben had also previously upgraded the remote locking controls to a nice new shiny one with a brand new spare too! this was exposed though and it could have got broke etc so i hid it under the rear center console so it looks like its not even there.
that lot of jobs really wernt too bad. but, the main problem was the major and i mean SUPER SARGEANT MAJOR suspension fluid leak.
it was doing a bottle every twenty miles!!!
but me and my mate sorted it and the size of the hole when we eventually got to it after stripping virtually everything behind the front drivers wheel was very, very small. i was really suprised at how small it was. anyway, it now leaks no more and we (or rather he) done a decent repair on the leak. that leak job alone took 6 hours!
now, this car has just been put back on the road and i have just had it come back from my mates valeters yard and its had a full shampoo of the seats, fully waxed and dressed and im amazed at how clean this car is inside and out for the age.
im not saying it is the best best and its no victor betting advert rival! but, it is a superb example.
it is so quick and it takes me back all those years ago which is some 16 years odd to when i first had one. im so happy with it its untrue.
i know this sounds rediculously gay (hahaha) but i love the bx dearly! cant believe im saying this!!!!
i havent though of a name yet though. should i???
anyway, just wanted to share that with you all.
lastly, if anyone can tell me (in english no computer jargon!!!) how to upload photo's i will gladly and actually i want to put a few up. nice one bx'ers. cheers for reading.
Last edited by richie on Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mothman

Re: my bx project is now running superbly beautiful!

Post by Mothman »

Hi Richie.

look forward to the piccies, there is a thread at the top of BX chat which tells you how to post piccies, quite simple really, even a dumb nut like me can do it.
I think the fact that you have a TZD Estate will grow on you and that you will come to prefer its shape ime sure, especially that you can add the fogs and a splitter should you so wish along with speedlines. You have probably one of the most desirable examples of the BX, namely an TZD Estate.
Glad you fixed the Leak, had a similar problem a while back with my TGS, i could see the split from the drivers wheel arch so i suspect yours was pretty similar. Once you know its a 15 minute fix. Mind you had a mate round at the w/end with a major bleed from his Missus's BX, took a a little longer to find the problem but a fix was sorted and i hope it holds as a pipe had 'popped' from the octopus.
Sounds like you have the illness most of us have on this forum, i certailny have got it bad.

Good luck and good BXing and look forward to the piccies.

Andy
richie
Confirmed BX'er

Post by richie »

Mothman wrote:Hi Richie.

look forward to the piccies, there is a thread at the top of BX chat which tells you how to post piccies, quite simple really, even a dumb nut like me can do it.
I think the fact that you have a TZD Estate will grow on you and that you will come to prefer its shape ime sure, especially that you can add the fogs and a splitter should you so wish along with speedlines. You have probably one of the most desirable examples of the BX, namely an TZD Estate.
Glad you fixed the Leak, had a similar problem a while back with my TGS, i could see the split from the drivers wheel arch so i suspect yours was pretty similar. Once you know its a 15 minute fix. Mind you had a mate round at the w/end with a major bleed from his Missus's BX, took a a little longer to find the problem but a fix was sorted and i hope it holds as a pipe had 'popped' from the octopus.
Sounds like you have the illness most of us have on this forum, i certailny have got it bad.

Good luck and good BXing and look forward to the piccies.
Andy
alright mr mothman thanks for those comments. sadly i have tried to up put pics an i just cant do it! i am useless on a computer!
the bx i had years ago was a beautifull metallic green j reg 1992 5 door hatchback 1.7 tzd and im sure it was a hurricane model. was a beauty and everything worked on it. but then again it was only 5 years old.
a few people laughed when i first bought the white tzd estate. even my 16 year old son. until he had a ride in it and i showed him the power!!!!! hes now educated!
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

Yes u can bud and the name is Andy.
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

If you try following the instructions, and let us know at which point you start to have trouble we can help you. It may be easier to use the 'Upload attachment' option below the reply box (like adding an attachment to an email), rather than use Photobucket. Just give it a try!

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
richie
Confirmed BX'er

Post by richie »

mat_fenwick wrote:If you try following the instructions, and let us know at which point you start to have trouble we can help you. It may be easier to use the 'Upload attachment' option below the reply box (like adding an attachment to an email), rather than use Photobucket. Just give it a try!
maybe the upload attatchment is better yeah mate. but where is it!! sorry mate i just cant see it. cheers mat
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

It's right below the 'Submit' button when you press 'post reply'.

1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

mat_fenwick wrote:It's right below the 'Submit' button when you press 'post reply'.
I don't seem to have one of those either - are you sure that's available to the great unwashed? :wink:
1991 BX19GTi Auto
KevR
1K Away
My Cars: It's all in my signature

Post by KevR »

Me neither.
Richie - if you don't want the hassle of starting a photobucket account or whatever, you can email me a pic or two to kevin.raymond 'at' wanadoo.fr and I'll post them for you.
1990 BX TZD Estate ('the grey one', 1991 BX TZD Estate ('the white one'), 1982 2CV6 Charleston (in bits), 1972 AZU Serie B (2CV van), 1974 HY72 Camper, 1990 Land Rover 110 diesel LWB, 1957 Mobylette AV76, 1992 Ducati 400SS, 1966 VW Beetle, 1990 Mazda MX-5, 1996 Peugeot 106D, 1974 JCB 2D MkII, 1997 BMW R1100RS, 1987 Suzuki GSX-R1100, 1978 Honda CX500A, 1965 Motobecane Cady, 1988 Honda Bros/Africa Twin, 1963 Massey Ferguson 825, and a lot of bicycles!
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

I've just checked the board settings and it should be enabled for everyone. How about if you click the 'Full Editor' button? There's no way (that I know) for me to check how it appears to other members unless I reset their password and log in as them!

Certainly it seems some members have this option, like here. If you can see the screen above, to add an attachment click on 'Browse' and select the desired file, then click on 'Add the file', and finally 'Submit'.

1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
KevR
1K Away

Post by KevR »

I don't seem to have a 'Full Editor' button to press...
1990 BX TZD Estate ('the grey one', 1991 BX TZD Estate ('the white one'), 1982 2CV6 Charleston (in bits), 1972 AZU Serie B (2CV van), 1974 HY72 Camper, 1990 Land Rover 110 diesel LWB, 1957 Mobylette AV76, 1992 Ducati 400SS, 1966 VW Beetle, 1990 Mazda MX-5, 1996 Peugeot 106D, 1974 JCB 2D MkII, 1997 BMW R1100RS, 1987 Suzuki GSX-R1100, 1978 Honda CX500A, 1965 Motobecane Cady, 1988 Honda Bros/Africa Twin, 1963 Massey Ferguson 825, and a lot of bicycles!
KevR
1K Away

Post by KevR »

Ah ok - there's a Full Editor button on the quick reply box at the bottom of the page - if you press the 'normal' reply button under a particular message it goes straight to the Full Editor anyway, hence not having a Full Editor button!

But still doesn't have an option to upload attachments...

Edit: Just replied to my own thread about Peugeot 306 in the non BX Chat section, and it gave me the option to upload attachments. So something screwy's going on.

Edit again: and just replied to a thread in For Sale/Wanted and again had the option of uploading attachment.
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

Way2go wrote:
mat_fenwick wrote:It's right below the 'Submit' button when you press 'post reply'.
I don't seem to have one of those either - are you sure that's available to the great unwashed? :wink:
I havnt got one of those below the submit button when in full editor either.

Andy
richie
Confirmed BX'er

Post by richie »

ive just checked and with or without the quick reply or full editor i still havent got an option to browse so i can post pics. can any mods have a look at this please as it seems a few of us dont have the option to browse. thanks.
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

Just looked into this a little deeper, and it's not that some users have the option and some do not; just that sub-forumas such as this one are set to not allow attachments. Richie, if you start a thread in the Gallery forum you should be able to attach images. Let me know if this is not the case.

Externally posted images from somewhere like Photobucket are preferable, as we obviously only have a limited amount of storage space and hence you can only upload fairly small files. In the early days of the forum this was the only option, but now at least if you don't have a Photobucket account and don't want to create one, there is another option.

1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad