WANTED - Octopus for BX Diesel

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
oscarsdad

WANTED - Octopus for BX Diesel

Post by oscarsdad »

Desperately in need of an Octopus and hoses for a beloved Citroen BX. Can anyone help please.
mat_fenwick

Re: WANTED - Octopus for BX Diesel

Post by mat_fenwick »

They're still available from dealers, at least until very recently. Worth getting a second opinion if you have been told otherwise.

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
oscarsdad

Post by oscarsdad »

Nobody seems to have one but we have been quoted a pretty massive price for one being brought from France. Would very much appreciate name of a dealer close to Cornwall if anyone could please help.
Vantman
BXpert

Post by Vantman »

P.C.Tonkin are in St Austell. Octopus part number could be 96030258,i paid about £50 for mine about a month ago from my local dealer who had one in stock.
2003 Saab 9-3.
Tinkley
1K Away

Post by Tinkley »

The Octopus and Oil Back Harness (2 different parts) should still be available. People (self included) have bought these new in the last few weeks from Citroen main dealers. Price is about £55-60 + VAT.
Have you not tried googly on Citroen dealers in Cornwall?
BTW if you are changing the Octopus check the other part. In my case it only lasted another year before splitting. It is easier to change both at the same time - the labour cost will be similar rather than doubling it. Access to the front ride height corrector area is limited, unless one removes the o/s drive shaft or drop the subframe a bit. It is possible without this though, allow about 2hrs for a dealer/independent to fit it.
Be aware that the Oil Back Harness comes in 2 types before and after 5167 and 5168 onwards. Nos are inside left hand front door on pillar.

The rubber is simply getting old and a new one (octopus0 will give years of life.
oscarsdad

Post by oscarsdad »

Thanks for all help. Much appreciated.
citronut
Over 2k

Post by citronut »

here is price and part No. of the main octapussssy from citroen

Part Number Description Quantity Price excl. VAT Price incl. VAT Total incl. VAT Selection
96030258 OIL BACK HARNES 49.27 GBP 59.12 GBP 59.12 GBP

and yes they are still available from the dealer

regards malcolm
curent ride
K reg BX 17TD TZD est
also own
K reg D special

no longer have
H reg CX saffari 2.5 TRI (now gone to Malaysia)
R reg xantia 1.9TD est (gone to meet its maker)
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

I bought 2 a couple of weeks ago but you will have to quote the part no and not just ask for a BX oil back harness. Dont even go there thinking about asking for an octopus...

Andy
oscarsdad

Post by oscarsdad »

Thank you Malcolm ... that's a great help. Will get onto them now.
oscarsdad

Post by oscarsdad »

Sorry ... too early in the morning ... Mothman. That oil back harness is the thing called the Octopus .. and I wouldn't need anything else?
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

You might, if another pipe has gone. There are 3 oil back harnesses but the octopus is the main one that goes.I have a spare of all 3 just in case.

Andy
Chris Abbott
BXpert

Post by Chris Abbott »

My octopus (oil back harness) has bust too!!
Ive located one from the main dealers (part number 96030258)
Does any one know the names, or part numbers of the other 2 parts that are connected as mentioned in one of the above messages?
I may as well change all of them together.
Mine is a 1.9 N/A diesel.
Thanks Chris
Tinkley
1K Away

Post by Tinkley »

Be careful changing the 'Squid' or little Octopus. This is because there are 2 versions. Check your Citroen ID No on inside passenger door. One version is up tp 5167 and the other version is 5168 onwards. The 3rd part is I believe identical but if you check some of he threads on here you should find more on it. Jaba certainly has found the part Numbers and there is also a link to a PDF of all BX parts. The returns are under the Suspension heading.