My lovely ratty 16v for sale

Advertise your car for sale here. No parts or eBay spots in here please.
toddao
BXpat

My lovely ratty 16v for sale

Post by toddao »

Don't be too hard on me guys - let another BX head enjoy the ride. Enjoy the pics even if can't understand the waffle.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/171153936985?ssP ... 1558.l2649" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
themildbunch
BXpert

Re: My lovely ratty 16v for sale

Post by themildbunch »

good luck with the sale - i hope you don't regret it!

this is how Google translates it from German:
For sale is my heavy heart

Citroen BX 19 GTI 16V, Series 1, 1988

160 hp, from 0 to 100 km / h 7.5 sec,
Top speed 230 km / h

It is the version without catalyst and with more power.

I have this car 2007 bought a Citroen mechanic who has gone into retirement.
Although the car had approval to 2005 (of Vobesitzer / Citroen mechanic can take regular), he was no longer allowed since about 10 years.

I have been with the car 2 times with red plaques on the road: the engine pulls good and strong with a wonderful sound. The legendary hydraulic suspension system offer an extremely comfortable, yet sporty driving experience. And the brakes all work very well. He was always housed in a roofed warehouse. Was always my dream and my project, prepare the car for family reasons, but I lack the time unfortunately ... Would be nice if he would come to a different Citroen enthusiasts. I might also point out at this point that this car is 25 years old. Certainly it is of advantage if you familiar with the matter, and has a soft spot for Citroen BX.

The good points:

- All hydraulic lines are fine, the 4 main lines from front to rear were replaced by the mechanic and I have renewed several other smaller lines.

- Lifts and lowers the car smoothly without crunching the shocks

- The body is in great shot, all rust was removed thoroughly and treated (eg, inner front fenders on both sides and under the LHM tank)

- When starting any warning lights are seen (see photo), ABS light comes directly from the engine purrs regularly

- I have replaced most of the exhaust / replaced (see photo)

- It has 4 good tires: they are Kumho Solus year. 2008, 7 mm, which also have the right speed approval for this sports car (V-rated)
- The tires are mounted on aluminum rims "Swift 2" (these are the original Citroen accessories) and ABE is present, in addition, the original alloy wheels: 6Jx14 "Speed ??Lines" included in the offer (see picture)

- The rear blind is very rare and comes from the original "Citroen Accessories" Accessories. I hette 2 of them from a liquidation of a Citroen dealer. The other I sold to an English collector BX for 200 €. This blind shown in the picture does not have the entire installation kit, is only 2 hooks available with which one hangs them up on the tailgate. Page fixings missing here, maybe this would have to be tinkered.
- Interior is well maintained, I have all the plastic parts were damaged ausgegtauscht (eg, glove compartment door)

- The electrical system is fine (windows, sunroof, central locking, door mirror adjustment, etc. all works)

- 2 original keys with original "plip" (see photo)

The less good sides:

- The paint is all pretty dull and faded. I myself like this patina. If it is properly polished, the luster comes out again. In a few places I've tried that.

- The car has some scratches and normal wear. Under the rear side window is a small dent.

- The cable for the heater is stuck, which is a typical problem for the BX. Someone has to open a wire installed around the heater valve or close

- I recently changed the fuel pump, because the other is not gone, but I'm afraid the problem was not the pump but the relay that turns on the pump. Funtioniert sometimes works, sometimes not. Should be replaced.

- The left arm bearing must be replaced, the right one I made, but I am no longer left to come.

- I have no exact information about when the timing belt was last changed. The mechanic (owner) said that the timing belt had been changed in front of 15,000 km. They look good, but I would renew it.

- Original rear spoiler is available but one of the screws broke off when removing it. It is yet another in blue available.

- The spare tire is the original Michelin "MXV" from the 80s ('s better for museum rather than the road ...)

- Spring balls are already about 10 years old

- The car needs a new battery, the buyer must bring in a collection

Included in the offer are also the following parts:

- Complete gear for the Series 1 16V (not fit on Series 2)

- ABS control unit

- 2 front fenders

- Almost complete air conditioning, expanded from a BX GTI, including special oil pan and all controls. Two of my colleagues have BX retrofitted with air conditioning, what I was doing also. Unfortunately, I have the time for it but not found.

- Complete sunroof (also expanded from the GTI)

- Many small parts (front & rear headlights, turn signals, mirrors, switches, etc.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If required, please ask like, preferably with some time before the end of the auction so I can reply in time. Also like to visit beforehand, like if you are interested message me.

Cash on collection. Due to bad experiences, I would specifically to the following:
Pickup must be made within 10 days of end of auction, otherwise he would resign from the contract!

Due to bad experiences we do not accept bids from outside of Germany. Sorry.

No guarantee, warranty or return because of private sale.
1988 BX 19 Gti 16v
1991 BX 17 TZD Estate
1991 BX 17 TZD Estate
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

does your wife know you've been with the car twice?!
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

Thanks for the translation. It took a long time to write all that blurb.

I thought I would never sell it but I've got to clear the barn for rebuilding and it's better to only have one old car to worry about. I'm keeping my yellow BX Break. And I've discovered that selling things can be far more satisfying than buying them!

Doc, I've been with that car more than twice, before the kids came along that was my French mistress! I tell you she was dirty, still is :mrgreen:
Todd

docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

:P :P
aren't they all!
I hope you have luck in the sale, Ebay UK seems to be full of utter tossers these days...
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

It's going away on Sunday to a local bloke. He came in a white BX GTI to have a look after seeing the ad on ebay then of course it wouldn't start! He made me an offer and I accepted as I could see it was going to a good home. Still won't start though.
Just got the yellow BX break and the Renault 21 Nevada left - one's the daily and the other's a rusting hulk but its seven seats have spared it for now.
Todd

toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

What a palavar getting it out of the barn as it wouldn't start. I wedged blocks of wood under the rear arms and we had to build 'rails' for it out of wooden beams and inch it out, hooked up with a tow rope to a Landrover. It took five hours to get it out and onto the trailer which was made for garden machines and was only just big enough for the car. The buyer is well into it and will give it the attention that it needs.
Todd