BXC Stand - NEC 15-18 Nov 2013 - Exhibitors announced!

Here members post meetings, events, meet ups and the like
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Re: BXC Stand - NEC 15-18 Nov 2013 - Exhibitors announced!

Post by Kitch »

Paul296 wrote:I seem to remember from the blurb we got sent that there's a ban on kids during set up day - I'm sure Sandre will be able to clarify this.

The other thing that occurred to me - driving back from Mark's in the pouring rain - is that no matter how clean your car is when you set off, it will be filthy when you get there (assuming inclement weather). Might we have to find a garage with a jet wash?
Waterless car cleaning kits 8)
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Chill out, well sort it.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Caffiend
Reluctant BXpert

Post by Caffiend »

Paul296 wrote:I seem to remember from the blurb we got sent that there's a ban on kids during set up day - I'm sure Sandre will be able to clarify this.
No under 16s on setup day or after hours (take down time) on Sunday - usual story: allow some, you got to allow them all and you just *know* that someone else's ankle biters would cause havoc and possibly get run over :? Kitch, if you're happy to leave keys with one of us during set up and if later on family will wait for you for a little while outside while you pop back in to admire the final result before the punters get in on Friday then that might be the best bet?

For people arriving on the day who have let us know already, we'll meet you in the main concours outside the halls to hand over passes. The phone signal is a bit crap in the halls from memory (hopefully a bit better in 8 than 7), if you can let us have an estimate time you'll be there and a number, then we can nip out and find you near the Hall 8 entrance or call you to see how far away you are. My mobile number is zero seven nine 39 seven two 52 five eight, or PM Tim for his number - one of us at least should hopefully get a signal, most likely Tim based on last year (yes, I know the format of those is bloody awkward, formatted against bot pickup).

Meal Sat night: we will need to book: hands up (actually, probably best to post here or I won't see you) with how many seats you want if you/you + others want to come along. I think it highly unlikely that we'll find anything within reasonable shouting distance of the NEC for under about £20/head (food + drinks) - any preferences on cuisine? There's a bunch here. I should have thought about this sooner, 60+ hour weeks (incl commutes) plus trying to sell and buy a house all at the same time are not conducive to being well organised in other arenas :oops:

Finally, car washes: take your pick. There's a rather elderly recommendation on Pistonheads here if someone wants to take the risk. Again, we will not have a water supply so will only be able to clean off minimal surface film/road spray: please make sure cars are clean and polished (and hoovered etc inside) so it's easy to do a quick tart up on the Thursday. If you have camping water containers/similar and can bring some water with you in the boot so much the better - thanks.
Last edited by Caffiend on Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe
1991 TZD hatch (Triton Green)
1992 Hurricane
Kitch
Over 2k

Post by Kitch »

I just spent £50 on cleaning gear. :( :lol:

I can't figure out how rubbing clay all over it is going to make it better!

Paul296
Over 2k
My Cars: Citroen BX 17 TZD Hurricane
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

Mark told me you can get this powder that makes water by adding . . . er . . . water. He may have been lying about that though. Infact he was. :shock:
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Des Smith wrote:
Dollywobbler wrote:Set up can take a long time... AND take down.
I wondered about the 'get out' timings? Show closes at 1730, but I imagine absolutely everyone with a car in the NEC will want to start moving out at 1731, so what is the anticipated lead time? To lift the carpet means the cars have to move, so there's an issue already. What was the deal last year?
IIRC, cars are not allowed to start up until the doors open, which is often well after doors close. You can push cars around - ie off carpet so you can pull it up. Space will be tight though, as you can imagine.
Kitch
Over 2k

Post by Kitch »

Dollywobbler wrote:
Des Smith wrote:
Dollywobbler wrote:Set up can take a long time... AND take down.
I wondered about the 'get out' timings? Show closes at 1730, but I imagine absolutely everyone with a car in the NEC will want to start moving out at 1731, so what is the anticipated lead time? To lift the carpet means the cars have to move, so there's an issue already. What was the deal last year?
IIRC, cars are not allowed to start up until the doors open, which is often well after doors close. You can push cars around - ie off carpet so you can pull it up. Space will be tight though, as you can imagine.
That'll be fun for those cars that are chocked with wood and need to fire up to lift themselves off again!

mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

Probably could jack them up to remove the wood, assuming you have a trolley jack low enough (I don't) to remove it with the car on low.
Caffiend wrote:Meal Sat night: - any preferences on cuisine?
My preference would be pizza, but happy to go along with the majority.
Kitch wrote:I can't figure out how rubbing clay all over it is going to make it better!
You'd be surprised at the amount of crap a clay bar can pull from the surface. This was just from one of the sections between the roof rubbers.

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
Gary
BXpert

Post by Gary »

3 days to go and the paint on my roof is in poor shape, it appears to have some sort of contamination that has left white marks in the paint.
Took it to a body shop they tried to wet sand and polish it but it is still visible and i have been told it will need to be resprayed to get rid of it, so it will have to go to the NEC as it is, hopefully it won't look to bad under the lights there (fingers crossed).
Still i am looking forward to the show and plan to have a good time.
1992 BX GTi Hurricane x2
1991 BX Meteor 1.9d
1993 BX TXD Turbo, Ice blue
1987 Visa GTi
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

It's probably the lacquer starting to let go Gary, not uncommon sadly. Only way too cure it is a repaint.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

What about using that modern plastic coloured stuff that seems to be a damn site cheaper than a re-spray? I've seen on the web, whole cars having their colour changed & the beauty of this stuff is that it can be peeled off if you decide the sell the car. So say you want a pink car, you can have your car done in this colour & then return it to its natural colour when you want to sell it.
2002 C5 2.0 HDI Estate - Jasmine - Now SORN
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - My daily
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired.

I'm not just a username, i'm also called Matthew.
Kitch
Over 2k

Post by Kitch »

Caffiend wrote:
Paul296 wrote: Kitch, if you're happy to leave keys with one of us during set up and if later on family will wait for you for a little while outside while you pop back in to admire the final result before the punters get in on Friday then that might be the best bet?

Cheers Sandre. The main issue is where to send the kids with the wife in Birmingham on a Thursday afternoon. And that's not coupled to the fact the clutch on the Picasso is hanging, so taking it there is a bit of a risk anyway.

It's turning out to be a real headache.....my planned transport back up Friday and for Saturday has started playing silly buggers (bloody Land Rover shite!) so I've retaxed the estate. Shame I can't bring it in with me :lol:

I'm sure I'll sort something out. One thing's for sure though.....I know I'll be remembering all these people who "can't" help me next time they need something, but that's not forum-related! :roll:

Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

MULLEY wrote:What about using that modern plastic coloured stuff that seems to be a damn site cheaper than a re-spray? I've seen on the web, whole cars having their colour changed & the beauty of this stuff is that it can be peeled off if you decide the sell the car. So say you want a pink car, you can have your car done in this colour & then return it to its natural colour when you want to sell it.
that would be vinyl wrap Mulley
1991 BX Meteor 1.6

light travels faster than sound, thats why you look intelligent and then you spoil it all by opening your mouth !!!!!
Kitch
Over 2k

Post by Kitch »

Mickey taker wrote:
MULLEY wrote:What about using that modern plastic coloured stuff that seems to be a damn site cheaper than a re-spray? I've seen on the web, whole cars having their colour changed & the beauty of this stuff is that it can be peeled off if you decide the sell the car. So say you want a pink car, you can have your car done in this colour & then return it to its natural colour when you want to sell it.
that would be vinyl wrap Mulley
Or plasti-dip.

MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

Yes & Yes :) Couldn't remember what it was called. I've done a bit of research & it would appear that they only last 3-5years, so seems a bit crap afterall??
2002 C5 2.0 HDI Estate - Jasmine - Now SORN
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - My daily
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired.

I'm not just a username, i'm also called Matthew.