Dynoings....Friday 29th evening

Anything about BXs
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Dynoings....Friday 29th evening

Post by Kitch »

Set up a last-minute rolling road session at my gaff with Mat Fenwick for Friday. Any other BXs welcome along to try a quick run on the rollers for the price of a chinese to ply my missus' with for being home late :lol:

I'll be able to handle about 4 cars, and Mat's is one of those. Hilary also expressed a desire to run his 16v, though I'm waiting to hear back from him as to whether he can make Friday.

Didn't put it in events section as it's pretty last-minute, so thought more chance of somebody who wanted to go on last time seeing it and having time to react.
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
citsncycles
Over 2k

Re: Dynoings....Friday 29th evening

Post by citsncycles »

Hmmm - I'm off shift after tomorrow, and Timex should make the journey this time, although TBH the results will probably be less comical than they would have been before the head rebuild (I hope!).

I'm happy to step aside if others with more worthy motors want a go, but if there's space count me in!
Mike Sims
BX 19RD Estate Mk1 - Timex!
BX 4X4 Estate - Oh god, I've done it again!
BX 17RD MK1 - it called to me!
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
Stinkwheel
1K Away

Post by Stinkwheel »

Damn, bit short notice for us, would love to bring the new TRS see what it sticks out, any chance of another one in maybe spring with some notice Kitch? As you are such a top fella (nudge nudge wink wink, slips tenner in your hand)
Doctor Of Gonzo Journalism!!!
93 BX TZD Estate
90 BX 14TE St Tropez
93 BX 19 TXD Estate
92 BX 16TXi
77 Ami 8 Break
79 Acadiane
81 Dyane6
84 2CV6
85 GSA saloon rally car
To slightly mis-quote Kitch ... "BX 14. They're just brilliant!"
Kitch
Over 2k

Post by Kitch »

I'm sure we can arrange something for spring - this was literally something organised for Mat F alone, but I have space to fit in a couple of others if required.

Mike, Timex is welcome. The only other BX n/a diesel that's been on there was The Estate, and to be fair that romped it :lol:

citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

It may make an interesting comparison to that, as it's now running with a square port head.
Mike Sims
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
Tinkley
1K Away

Post by Tinkley »

I would be quite interested in this Kitch. However I will defer to any 16v or DTR that want to try out.

Just more out of interest to see if it is anywhere near the claimed 92-94 hp after 65k miles! Your gaff is probably about 35 min drive down the A3. Do not look at the rust holes! But I would appreciate a gander at rear subframe which I am suspicious of after all the other bits!.
Kitch
Over 2k

Post by Kitch »

Tinkley wrote:I would be quite interested in this Kitch. However I will defer to any 16v or DTR that want to try out.

Just more out of interest to see if it is anywhere near the claimed 92-94 hp after 65k miles! Your gaff is probably about 35 min drive down the A3. Do not look at the rust holes! But I would appreciate a gander at rear subframe which I am suspicious of after all the other bits!.
You're welcome to come down, but I don't think there will be an opportunity to use the ramps as most of the cars will be packed away already at that point.

So we've got:

Mat F
Mike
Tinkley
(potentially Hilary)

That's enough for one evening, so for now that's the full list. If anyone on that list drops out or finds out they can't come, let us all know so someone else can jump in.
On the flipside, if anyone wants to come down for the social side and bring their car on the offchance we get enough time to run another one or two, you're welcome. But don't get upset if it gets to 8pm and I announce I'm going home and you don't get a run :lol:

It's not limited to 16v models or anything, any car can run on it to evaluate engine health. It's not about power figures.

citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

What time do you want us down there?
Mike Sims
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
Tinkley
1K Away

Post by Tinkley »

Thanks Kitch. Good point Citsncycles, what is the best time for you Kitch? We don't want to be inconvenient, so give us an aiming point. Look forward to it, and meeting some of the BX Club members and your good self.

I'm still getting about 39-40 mpg but I hardly ever get over 2,500 rpm on these local roads...still as its mostly short runs with the choke on, that's not bad. Be interesting to see how it is at top end, I think the timing is about right but may put a new Hydraulic pump belt on as it is squealing and was a bit shagged anyway when I swapped everything over. Dizzy cap ain't perfect but will suffice.
Kitch
Over 2k

Post by Kitch »

5pm onwards. 3 hours will be enough to do four cars (and to let the workshop clear of Mat's diesel clag).

Only want a Chinese in return for the missus', so if everyone sticks a tenner in a pot or something we're good to go (Mat's exempt....he's already helped me out enough over the NEC weekend!)

citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

Unless you hear different from me, I'll be there.
Mike Sims
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
TizzyD
BXpert

Post by TizzyD »

If a space opens up I would like to Dyno my TZD and see what she puts out so could you stick me on reserve ?
'02 Clio Dynamique 1.2 16v - 92K - Sold
'09 Yamaha YBR 125 - 1100 miles
'93 Bx 17 TZD Turbo - 240K - The Aubergine

Kitch
Over 2k

Post by Kitch »

TizzyD wrote:If a space opens up I would like to Dyno my TZD and see what she puts out so could you stick me on reserve ?
Surely will!

TizzyD
BXpert

Post by TizzyD »

Many thanks, I think I was meant to buy a sunroof motor off you at Stratford earlier in the year but I was late turning up and missed you but if Im down for the dyno could I pick it up then ?
'02 Clio Dynamique 1.2 16v - 92K - Sold
'09 Yamaha YBR 125 - 1100 miles
'93 Bx 17 TZD Turbo - 240K - The Aubergine

Kitch
Over 2k

Post by Kitch »

TizzyD wrote:Many thanks, I think I was meant to buy a sunroof motor off you at Stratford earlier in the year but I was late turning up and missed you but if Im down for the dyno could I pick it up then ?
Oh, yeah no problem mate. I'll just have to remember where I put it :lol: